The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,289 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

You know what I HATE? How there is a Tutorial Level but in the actual game its still helping you... I mean COME ON Jump to the Tree as an objective?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: newbeing on Nov 10, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
Looks like the levels are:
-Tutorial
-Jungle
-Refinery
-Ruins
-Research Lab
-Pyramid

Sounds like cool bananas. Rebellion made some good choices concerning the setting if these are the case.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Hopefully each is not JUST one level. Or else I am gonna be really upset because it took about 10 minutes to finish the jungle part unless the Marine base that was also shown in later demos was part of the Jungle level but I am pretty sure thats the Refinery. So that means about 10 minutes for each level... 60 minutes... I hope I am wrong.

predalien27

predalien27

I was mad to not see the Electro Vision, a.k.a. Alien Vision in the Russian vid.  What the hell is the Distractatron? Sound like they got that from Ratchet and Clank? Couldn't you have given it a better name like Vocal Mimcry (hence Predator C:C)?  I don't like all the yellows in the loading screen, sure it is my fav color, but I liked the old blackish WY sign and the Alien pop up and then the florecent lights when the loading screen came on.  But those are just the flaws... everything looks 69,000 times better.  Scripted POV moments? AWSOME!  New finishers? Awsome, other than the one against canon.  New hud, wrist blades, Pred hands? Awsome. Finally they put in the silver-teeth Aliens too! Now let's see the predalien!

Anyone notice the Predator has compitition?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I actually prefer the WY Logo to be yellow as it was in ALIENS. I don't like seeing the Xeno lifted up by the Predator, getting its arm ripped off and then snapped in half with the Predator's leg. That almost blasts a hole in the President's face and say, "Xenomorphs are canon fodder FOR TOO LONGZ."

kvon17

kvon17

The aliens in the russian vid were much faster and attacked higher numbers than the E3 demo.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I'd rather see less Aliens that are more difficult to take down, really. I liked how they retreated and regrouped in the first video we saw.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 11, 2009, 03:32:16 AM
The aliens in the russian vid were much faster and attacked higher numbers than the E3 demo.

They still get lost and run away in the middle of attacking you. Pathfinding/node fix plz.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Like the new additions. Although backbreaker justs seems odd, Aliens shouldn't have that happen to them.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 11, 2009, 12:44:01 AM
I was mad to not see the Electro Vision, a.k.a. Alien Vision in the Russian vid.  What the hell is the Distractatron? Sound like they got that from Ratchet and Clank? Couldn't you have given it a better name like Vocal Mimcry (hence Predator C:C)?  I don't like all the yellows in the loading screen, sure it is my fav color, but I liked the old blackish WY sign and the Alien pop up and then the florecent lights when the loading screen came on.  But those are just the flaws... everything looks 69,000 times better.  Scripted POV moments? AWSOME!  New finishers? Awsome, other than the one against canon.  New hud, wrist blades, Pred hands? Awsome. Finally they put in the silver-teeth Aliens too! Now let's see the predalien!

Anyone notice the Predator has compitition?

I hope you won't let little things like a loading screen upset you. Who cares what color the WY is its bugs and the hunter we care about bro. And weather its vocal mimic or distraction we as predator fans know the function of its purpose.

As far as aliens being weaker, they were never much of a challenge against the Predator in ANY of the previous titles. The only challenge I remember was being stuck in a corner waiting for my energy to recharge while hoping a bug wouldnt find me.

As a 17 year fan of both franchises I must say this game is looking better then a wet dream...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 11, 2009, 06:51:58 AM
As far as aliens being weaker, they were never much of a challenge against the Predator in ANY of the previous titles. The only challenge I remember was being stuck in a corner waiting for my energy to recharge while hoping a bug wouldnt find me.

Sorta defeats the purpose if it's like that.

Brother

Brother

The aliens numbers more/less can be because of different difficulty. The speed seems same.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 11, 2009, 12:30:02 AM
Hopefully each is not JUST one level. Or else I am gonna be really upset because it took about 10 minutes to finish the jungle part unless the Marine base that was also shown in later demos was part of the Jungle level but I am pretty sure thats the Refinery. So that means about 10 minutes for each level... 60 minutes... I hope I am wrong.

Didn't look like a refinery to me. all those lowish buildings more or less were more an outpost than a refinery...

Sylizar

Sylizar

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 11, 2009, 12:30:02 AM

Seriously?.....After the Marine outpost there is clearly a section in the jungle with a Predalien. The devs have stated each campaign was approximately six hours. Did you seriously think each would be an hour?

Moody

Moody

Just saw the new video, really about them changing the Predator hands,whristblades and the hud.  Really looking forward to this now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed