The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,305 times)

kvon17

kvon17

Your character is the rookie.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: kvon17 on Oct 18, 2009, 08:58:54 PM

Then why would it say that at the top of the Screen? Maybe they are going to take an approach like Halo ODST where we can play as different characters.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Oct 19, 2009, 02:34:25 AM
Quote from: kvon17 on Oct 18, 2009, 08:58:54 PM

Then why would it say that at the top of the Screen? Maybe they are going to take an approach like Halo ODST where we can play as different characters.

Maybe. But they've said in multiple interviews that you play as the rookie.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Hmm. Thats weird. I mean if we know we are the Rookie and stuff then why put that up there. Its a waste of HUD.

Drone23

Drone23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czpgCGKkdGY&feature=related

Hopefully the link works, didn't see this video posted, its more predator demo footage, but you get to see a few executions in the vision modes, something I haven't seen enough of.

predalien27

predalien27

Why would the rookie survive everything, and the rest of his team die.  i'd think the rookie would be the first to go.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

God I hope the Rookie In Avp is nothing like the Rookie in ODST, Some twat who never said a word the whole game. I hated that. Even if the marine just gives back a simple reply like yes or no Would be Better.

predalien27

predalien27

I liked how in Resistance the main character never talked.  But in Resistance 2 they tried to give him a personality and FAILED!  I think if they release the players name then he would most likely gain a personality.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Avp could pull it off. But only because Your alone pretty much all of the time so your character will not be doing a lot of talking. But in a game like Odst where you need to talk, well your character just looks like a twat.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Oct 21, 2009, 12:06:41 AM
Avp could pull it off. But only because Your alone pretty much all of the time so your character will not be doing a lot of talking. But in a game like Odst where you need to talk, well your character just looks like a twat.

In my opinion the only way for a Rookie character to survive realistically is because they were just recently sent to an area, by their superior, that just happens to be safe when all the shit hits the fan.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

The Rookie couldn't be the dude in the trailer because he gets finshed by the predator. So maybe that's your (the rookies) team getting killed, also you must play the Sargent in that part when everyone dies. Then take over as the rookie.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Not really that big of a deal, but the latest episode of the bi weekly gaming news show Inside Gaming features AVP for a few seconds. Not much other then a few sweet looking game play shoots. Also the host seems to sum up all of the general AVP community's feelings about the game. Check it out.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Yeah you already started up a topic on that. There is not much at all about Avp but it is a good, funny video.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I always watch Inside Gaming. Its a good way to catch up on gaming news and have a few laughs at the same time.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I hope they stay with Halo... I've been following it since it was originally Inside Halo.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed