The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,174 times)

Eldritch

Eldritch

The new trailer is supposed to be a promotion for the Marine. What good would it do having it display Marines dying all the time? I think it was set up really good, especially the little act at the end there with the Predator, very clever. It is apparent that the "reveal" trailers are set up (scripted etc.) to provide the best possible promotion for the species it is supposed to show. In the Alien Reveal, we'll probably see Marines and Predators getting butt-kicked by Aliens, making all of the non-alien players out there bitch about how overpowered the Aliens are (when in fact no one knows how powerful any of the species is since no one outside Rebellion/Sega/Fox has played the game :P)

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Eldritch on Jul 31, 2009, 10:49:07 AM
The new trailer is supposed to be a promotion for the Marine. What good would it do having it display Marines dying all the time? I think it was set up really good, especially the little act at the end there with the Predator, very clever. It is apparent that the "reveal" trailers are set up (scripted etc.) to provide the best possible promotion for the species it is supposed to show. In the Alien Reveal, we'll probably see Marines and Predators getting butt-kicked by Aliens, making all of the non-alien players out there bitch about how overpowered the Aliens are (when in fact no one knows how powerful any of the species is since no one outside Rebellion/Sega/Fox has played the game :P)

Yep, but bashing something no matter what, its easy.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 31, 2009, 07:28:41 AM
Seeing as this is Rebellion if you're not ready for

Character>P-Queen>Praetorian>PredAlien>Alien>Hugger>Burster, you're just setting yourself up for misery.

There will be lots of lines and dialog about how PWN the Aliens are, but in actual practice you'll be mowing them down by the truckload until a "boss" Alien shows up.

cant ask for nething more.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Sorry if I am double posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgwcYMPRqKc  Xbox video interview with Chris Kingsley (Creative Director)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_szwscAHw  CD-ACTION interview with Chris Kingsley (Creative Director) and Tim Jones (Project Lead)

Hydromaphica

Hydromaphica

they aint new...

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I've just watched a whole load of the Predator demo videos posted, probably all of them, and I think that the game is looking great :)

newbeing

newbeing

I know this isn't a video, but it's an audio interview with Alex Moore at e3. Not sure if has been posted yet. It's a pretty good back and forth between the gamesradar guys and Alan.

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/aliens-vs-predator/preview/e3-09-aliens-vs-predator-interview/a-20090608122446274020/g-2009052110328916018

dude63

dude63

Anyone notice i nthe interview towards the end he says 18 player multiplayer? Who called that? WHERES MY CAKE GOD DANG IT!

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: dude63 on Aug 05, 2009, 05:37:36 PM
Anyone notice i nthe interview towards the end he says 18 player multiplayer? Who called that? WHERES MY CAKE GOD DANG IT!
:D The cake is a lie but good ear!

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Eldritch on Jul 31, 2009, 10:49:07 AM
The new trailer is supposed to be a promotion for the Marine. What good would it do having it display Marines dying all the time? I think it was set up really good, especially the little act at the end there with the Predator, very clever. It is apparent that the "reveal" trailers are set up (scripted etc.) to provide the best possible promotion for the species it is supposed to show.

How is the thing with the Predator clever? All it did was degrade the Marine and promote the Predator, even though, as you said, it's supposed to promote the Marine. If that can happen, why can't they treat the Aliens with respect too?

Sykopathic

Sykopathic

Interesting, I wonder how the teams will be split. Wonder if it will be 6vs6vs6 or if there will be fewer Predators and the other numbers allocated on the Alien/Marine side.

Xhan

Xhan

How about server operator selectable?

piet11111

piet11111

18 player ? dang i hope that is the console number.

would be awesome to have maps that can hold 64 players for pc.

dude63

dude63

^ Can't you mod a game to allow more? Or is that specifically up to the servers? I msorry im not the most technical guy..but I manage. I think 18 6vs6vs6 is a good number. This isn't COD or Battlefield.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: piet11111 on Aug 07, 2009, 06:48:06 PM

would be awesome to have maps that can hold 64 players for pc.

That would be retarded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed