The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,184 times)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Not particularly, no. It showed a lot of Aliens being completely pummeled by the Marines, then some Predator ownage at the end. I understand this could be for effect, but I'm still getting scared. I have serious doubts about this game.

Xhan

Xhan

Not if your fave characters are Preds.

DB

DB

I'm glad Rebellion is going to such lengths to diminish my worries, what with marines being able to fend off Aliens but not Predators and all.

Xhan

Xhan

The issue is intent, not the mechanic, I'm sure that Marines will be able to kick a Pred in the nuts or or rifle butt  em in the eye or whatever....but we still get Pred ownage as a deliberate preview choice... where's the sequence in the video where a Pred eats explosive rounds? Gets plowed by a Smartgun while invisible? Gets led into a corridor with a Sentry by a wounded Marine?

Inferno

Inferno

pred ownage is the best ownage

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

What I'm also noticing about everything we've seen so far is that there is little to no Alien spotlight. It's really bad because the Predators are killing everything and the Aliens seem to just be random fodder. Even the Alien campaign mechanic. They've stated that you don't even get a character. You are just fodder. If you die, you come back as another Alien altogether. I can only assume how durable the Alien is and what kind of game play it has. Even though it is a presentation choice to show the 'ZOMGWTFBBQUBERAWESOMEPREDATORZLOL!!!!!111!2", I wouldn't be so naive as to think that it would not be reflected in some way in the game itself.

newbeing

newbeing

Yeah the pred it sort of coming off as the favorite of the group. Sadly when you ask most gamers which they'd rather play Alien is usually the last choice  :-\. So Rebellion might be banking on that.

Would be nice to see the Alien finish of a pred as a finisher for the Alien trailer. Really make the alien out as a force to be reckoned with.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jul 29, 2009, 10:36:00 PM
Not particularly, no. It showed a lot of Aliens being completely pummeled by the Marines, then some Predator ownage at the end. I understand this could be for effect, but I'm still getting scared. I have serious doubts about this game.

You miss the part where the aliens killed some marines.

And, thx god, the aliens didnt explote when the marines fire at them.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Yutani on Jul 30, 2009, 03:18:16 PM

I don't believe it ever showed Aliens killing Marines. It showed Aliens running along walls, Marines running away, Aliens about to kill Marines (quickly cut to black), and then Marines killing the Hell out of Aliens.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jul 30, 2009, 08:22:40 PM

I don't believe it ever showed Aliens killing Marines. It showed Aliens running along walls, Marines running away, Aliens about to kill Marines (quickly cut to black), and then Marines killing the Hell out of Aliens.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/games/avp3/20090729_marinetrailer/marinetrailer25.jpg

Next awesome bitching theory?

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Yutani on Jul 30, 2009, 09:46:46 PM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jul 30, 2009, 08:22:40 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/games/avp3/20090729_marinetrailer/marinetrailer25.jpg

Next awesome bitching theory?

Hmm . . . I'm surprised I missed a half second of clip. Foolish me.

yaji

yaji

I found another very dead marine. And I think he was probably killed by an Alien. But maybe it was the Predator ? Dunno, who can say for sure ?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=228&pos=14

Xhan

Xhan

Implication is Alien.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

That kind of has the same effect as cutting to black just before the Alien kills a Marine.

EDIT: I just reviewed the entire gallery for the trailer. There WAS a shot of an Alien killing something, but it was already posted. Other than that, it was dozens of Aliens swarming the Marines and getting gunned down. Nothing more than fodder.

Xhan

Xhan

Seeing as this is Rebellion if you're not ready for

Character>P-Queen>Praetorian>PredAlien>Alien>Hugger>Burster, you're just setting yourself up for misery.

There will be lots of lines and dialog about how PWN the Aliens are, but in actual practice you'll be mowing them down by the truckload until a "boss" Alien shows up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed