The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,264 times)

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Inferno on Jul 05, 2009, 06:18:58 PM
http://gamereactor.eu/news/1446/Aliens+vs+Predator+interview/

Damn when i'm playing marine, i must stay far away okay i got that. :P Perhaps we can get a sniper in avp3? :p

rikiiy

rikiiy

They better not copy AVP2's sniper  >:(

XenoVC

XenoVC

It will be hilarious if there is no sniper,there goes half of the people that ever played AvP2.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: XenoVC on Jul 08, 2009, 06:18:02 AM
It will be hilarious if there is no sniper,there goes half of the people that ever played AvP2.
haha lol, sniper was somewhat cheap and overpowering but sometimes fun playing as, as long as ur at a distance with the aliens, today on savior mod u have people no scoping u with 1 shot 1 kill its ridiculous

magical_boy

magical_boy

were snipers marines with sniper rifles or predators with spear guns?

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Neverfate on Jul 07, 2009, 06:49:25 AM
Two 'olds' don't make a 'new', just as much as two 'wrongs' don't make a 'right.'

Example: Game "X"
Fisrt game (X)---> you can drive, and you can use guns
Second game (X2 the revenge)----> You can use guns while driving

X2 has a new gameplay mechanic.

kvon17

kvon17

That is completely different.

This is more:

In game X, you can drive tanks. You blow up bike shops. Blown up bike shops turn into military bases and are checkpoints. You respawn as a tank.
In game X2 you can ride bikes, but only on a specific path. But you drive tanks the rest of the time, and blow up bike shops.
In game X3, you start off on a bike, but soon you get a tank. As a tank, you blow up bike shops and they become military bases and serve as checkpoints. When your tank blows up, you respawn with a bike, then ride into the military base and get a tank.

You're not doing anything new in X3.

Xhan

Xhan

No point; he's not arguing for principle points, he's arguing for semantics to have something to do.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: kvon17 on Jul 08, 2009, 06:56:18 PM

This is more:

In game X, you can drive tanks. You blow up bike shops. Blown up bike shops turn into military bases and are checkpoints. You respawn as a tank.
In game X2 you can ride bikes, but only on a specific path. But you drive tanks the rest of the time, and blow up bike shops.
In game X3, you start off on a bike, but soon you get a tank. As a tank, you blow up bike shops and they become military bases and serve as checkpoints. When your tank blows up, you respawn with a bike, then ride into the military base and get a tank.

You are worng in both cases. First, the way you "blow up bike shops" are totally different between X and X3, and second, the "ride into the military base" its something you have never done before.

The alien cycle without scripts, its a brand new thing.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 08, 2009, 11:18:09 PM
Everyones favorite Corporal Hicks showed me this:

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games/158877.Aliens-vs.-Predator/videos/133291.20090605.Aliens-vs.-Predator/

I'm fairly sure it's new. If not, feel free to burn me at the stake.

EDIT:

As the game progresses you collect more soundbytes to use as a Predator.
In the final product you can choose which trophy kill you want to use.
Health is on the RIGHT...Energy/Power on the LEFT of the hud.
AI definitely isn't done for Marines. If they hear you in the final game jumping around, they will hunt you down based on what they've heard.
Mines can be stuck to walls.
Predators have a COUNTERING system.
NEW KILL, where the Predator pins a delimbed Alien to the floor with his foot, and then stabs it through the head.
AI is very unscripted.
Predators can COUNTER the Aliens pounce, making it flip over onto the floor.
When you shank a Marine, his arm can come off, and when it does, it f**king pours blood all over the floor. This makes Aeus very happy.
GAME is currently PRE-ALPHA.
MARINES have a COUNTER to the Predator pounce.
ALIENS in the final game will be A LOT harder than they are at the moment. They will use more AI Pathing to approach the player.
ALIENS take shitloads of melee hits.

This is awesome. Im happy that they're going to make the aliens more of a challenge. They were way to easy when watching the gameplay.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Yutani on Jul 08, 2009, 11:05:55 PM

This is more:

You are worng in both cases. First, the way you "blow up bike shops" are totally different between X and X3, and second, the "ride into the military base" its something you have never done before.

No it's not. But I am done now because this is pointless because you (like Rebellion in this regard) aren't bringing anything new.

rikiiy

rikiiy

Quote from: kvon17 on Jul 09, 2009, 09:20:32 AM

This is more:

No it's not. But I am done now because this is pointless because you (like Rebellion in this regard) aren't bringing anything new.

what. How is it not new? :-\ It hasn't been done like this before has it. Maybe it isn't original but I would say it is new.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I can't wait for this game! It looks great!

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: rikiiy on Jul 09, 2009, 10:06:16 AM

This is more:

what. How is it not new? :-\ It hasn't been done like this before has it. Maybe it isn't original but I would say it is new.

I am not repeating everything. Go back and read.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: kvon17 on Jul 09, 2009, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: rikiiy on Jul 09, 2009, 10:06:16 AM

This is more:

I am not repeating everything. Go back and read.

You dont have an argument, just the "its not coz i said it" thing, again and again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed