The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,219 times)

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 29, 2009, 05:16:49 AM
You guys realize they haven't confirmed the lifecycle AT ALL right?

The first time we hear it is in a SPECULATION page of the PSW article where the author says what HE wants to see, which is then picked up by the Russian mag that has NO new info and says stuff "like WY runs and owns everything in the universe."

If it is in, they (Rebellion) haven't talked about it yet.. at all. The onyl hint we have is the Alien campaign will be "really different" (Alex)

ah jeez...I hope it is, it was fun the the lifecycle servers, I dont see why they wouldnt bring it back who doesnt want to start out as hugger and work their way up

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 29, 2009, 02:35:30 AM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jun 29, 2009, 02:00:57 AM
The new Alien checkpoint system won't make sense story-wise unless they mess with the life-cycle.

Why? Cocoon human. you die. Facehugger facehugs coccooned human. You burst through chest of cocoone human. Continue.

Ok, wait. A cocooned human morphs into an egg...so the facehugger "respawn" when you died from that egg. So your new host cant be the "cocooned-human". You should find a new one. Its egg-morphing, like in the first AVP (jaguar).

And for that russian magazine "Gamemania", Dogmeat has it ( i think he tryed to put some images but he cant), perhaps he can tell us what the article saids about it.

kvon17

kvon17

No. Not saying the cocooned human turns into an egg. The cocoon human gets facehugged by a hugger from an egg the queen has laid. That is what I was proposing.

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 29, 2009, 04:21:57 PM
No. Not saying the cocooned human turns into an egg. The cocoon human gets facehugged by a hugger from an egg the queen has laid. That is what I was proposing.

Mmm i think that the rebellion cocooned stuff its about the egg-morphing, like the first avp (jaguar)...and the face hugger respawn from the marine/morph/egg...looking for a host.

Your way its interesting too, and sounds cool, but there is a problem with the "eggs" and the "facehugger". We have to assume that there will be a lot of lonely "mini-hives" in every level, or a lot of lonely eggs in hiden places in every level (in order to make the checkpoints possible)...not make much sense. And the facehugger "pops" magicaly arround there to atack the cocooned marine. Whit the egg-morph you dont need eggs, coz you create one, and the facehugger respawn from the egg...so you only need to find a host.

Anyway, i hope that rebellion will show us how it really works.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Yutani on Jun 29, 2009, 05:17:30 PM

Mmm i think that the rebellion cocooned stuff its about the egg-morphing, like the first avp (jaguar)...and the face hugger respawn from the marine/morph/egg...looking for a host.

Your way its interesting too, and sounds cool, but there is a problem with the "eggs" and the "facehugger". We have to assume that there will be a lot of lonely "mini-hives" in every level, or a lot of lonely eggs in hiden places in every level (in order to make the checkpoints possible)...not make much sense. And the facehugger "pops" magicaly arround there to atack the cocooned marine. Whit the egg-morph you dont need eggs, coz you create one, and the facehugger respawn from the egg...so you only need to find a host.

Anyway, i hope that rebellion will show us how it really works.
thats what I said each level will have a section of hive, and would it be possible to kill the cocooned marine as alien marine or predator? are u still alive while u are cocooned there? cuz if so other marines should be able to cut u out with the welding torch.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Yutani on Jun 28, 2009, 02:41:41 PM
The first avp (jaguar) use a powered verion of the doom1 engine, its hilarious to talk about a feature in that game.

On the contrary, it's useful to refer back to games from the late eighties and early nineties, when in discussions about features which are supposedly radical or have never been thought of. :) Just look at all the stuff on 'Chuck Yeager's Air Combat'. It was packed full of all kinds of stuff in one package, which should have immediately become standard for combat flight simulators, yet only ever became so in a piecemeal fashion. Same goes for talking about stuff like 'TIE Fighter', when a new space combat simulator shows up.

These titles were considered classics for very good reasons. :)

And, since the Jaguar game is made by the same developers and revolves around the same subject, as the game we're now discussing, it's even more relevant.

QuoteSo Alien cycle + cocoon means new gameplay mechanic. No matter what.

Going by previous games, the human faction won't really be going into territory the Aliens have retaken earlier in the story. You'll find humans, have the option of immobilising them, then do the 'cocoon' option. This will either allow you to do that where you want or simply trigger a cut scene, where they're at the closest potential designated nesting point on the map. Gestation periods won't be taken into account: Whenever you die, you simply emerge as the new chestburster (either at the infant or matured stage).

Which makes it pretty much the same as the Jaguar version, not a "new gameplay mechanic". :)

It's creative, because it basically lets you choose how many extra 'lives' you get, but it's not new.

As I understand it, if this is going to remain a feature, that's how it'll be implemented. A supply of eggs won't be the problem. By the time the other factions get there, the colony's already been invaded and taken over (confirmed in the videos and so on). A full-blown nest situation shall already be in operation.

All an Alien will have to do is take its new immobilised prey over to the cocoon point and let a facehugger do what it's best at, like with Newt. Then you just go about the rest of your assigned task.

Yutani

Yutani

QuoteWhenever you die, you simply emerge as the new chestburster (either at the infant or matured stage)

That russian magazine said that you will respawn as a facehugger, from the egg. Coz the marine you have cocooned it was egg/morphed.

The "cocoon" thing its in the Alin directors cut. I mean "eggmorphing"...but some people still thinks that they are talking about to kiddnap a marine and trasport him to a hive or something ,which have less sense coz you have to explaine the eggs, the hive in every level etc...

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Being that they have not shown anything from the alien campaign and have only given the vaguest of answers regarding it, that magazine was speculating. Besides, wasn't it the Russian mag that said the game was gonna be CoD style single player (perspective changing between levels)?

dude63

dude63

^ Shot down by Rebellion themselves. IGN said the same thing as well. Its going to be 3 different compaings to be played ANY way you want. Also theres multiplayer. So essentially..its 4 games in one. I guess.

kvon17

kvon17

Eido was stating that that mag was wrong about the campaign, so they could be wrong about the alien cocooning.

randy4321

randy4321

The cocooning does not make sense whatsoever..

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I could be mistaken on this, but thought the cocooning thing was also briefly mentioned in one of the video demonstrations.

Either way, it wouldn't be a new mechanic!

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 04, 2009, 11:32:47 PM
I could be mistaken on this, but thought the cocooning thing was also briefly mentioned in one of the video demonstrations.

it sounds somewhat cool, fun and...confusing but i hope its not repetitively pointless.

Yutani

Yutani

If it will use the entire alien cycle without cut-scenes, it will be a new gameplay mechanic. As i have said, egg-morphing + alien life cycle its totally new.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Yutani on Jul 05, 2009, 03:22:37 PM

If it will use the entire alien cycle without cut-scenes, it will be a new gameplay mechanic. As i have said, egg-morphing + alien life cycle its totally new.

no... it's just put two old things together...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed