The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,217 times)

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 28, 2009, 02:14:43 AM
Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 27, 2009, 08:30:51 AM
Rebellion also used it in their first AvP game.

That's why I don't understand why it's getting heralded as something revolutionary. It was on their first ever game. They just took it out for the others. All they're doing is putting back an old idea.

I like it, I just don't think it's something to hype up as being somehow new and terribly innovative.

Exactly.

randy4321

randy4321

it's in a magazine article. Rebellion also used it in their first AvP game.
is it even useful or innovative?

kvon17

kvon17

well... we've pretty much described it in previous posts (i think the last page even)...

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 28, 2009, 04:56:55 AM
well... we've pretty much described it in previous posts (i think the last page even)...

in that case I guess not

Yutani

Yutani

That's why I don't understand why it's getting heralded as something revolutionary. It was on their first ever game. They just took it out for the others. All they're doing is putting back an old idea.

I like it, I just don't think it's something to hype up as being somehow new and terribly innovative.

The first avp (jaguar) use a powered verion of the doom1 engine, its hilarious to talk about a feature in that game.

You have to kill a marine , and then you respawn as an adult alien in that place. LOL. The marines totally ignore the other coconned marines they see, and there is NO alien cycle. You just respawn in a magic way in the place where you killed/cocooned the marine. There is no special move to cocoon, just hit the marine first with the clawn, then with the tail, and again with the clawn. So in the middle of a figth agains 3 marines, you can cocooned all of them in less than 7 seconds...LOL

Now you have to use a "special unkow action" (we dont know how it works yet) to cocoon the marine, then if you died, you respawn as a facehugger (Do you need to hide the cocooned marine? if the rest of marines found the coconeed marine will kill him for sure, or do something), so you have to look for a host, then you will be a chestbuster (we dont know if the host will move all arround, or if he/she will be unconscious)....and then you havew to grow up (unknow way) to became an adult alien.

So Alien cycle + cocoon means new gameplay mechanic. No matter what.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

wicked vids cant wait for it !! . and thank god they cleard up that the a.i will get better on the full game

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Yutani on Jun 28, 2009, 02:41:41 PM

The first avp (jaguar) use a powered verion of the doom1 engine, its hilarious to talk about a feature in that game.

You have to kill a marine , and then you respawn as an adult alien in that place. LOL. The marines totally ignore the other coconned marines they see, and there is NO alien cycle. You just respawn in a magic way in the place where you killed/cocooned the marine. There is no special move to cocoon, just hit the marine first with the clawn, then with the tail, and again with the clawn. So in the middle of a figth agains 3 marines, you can cocooned all of them in less than 7 seconds...LOL

Now you have to use a "special unkow action" (we dont know how it works yet) to cocoon the marine, then if you died, you respawn as a facehugger (Do you need to hide the cocooned marine? if the rest of marines found the coconeed marine will kill him for sure, or do something), so you have to look for a host, then you will be a chestbuster (we dont know if the host will move all arround, or if he/she will be unconscious)....and then you havew to grow up (unknow way) to became an adult alien.

From what we HAVE heard about it, it's just a fancy way for saying "you get to pick where your  checkpoint is and watch a cool animation"

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 28, 2009, 07:50:51 PM

From what we HAVE heard about it, it's just a fancy way for saying "you get to pick where your  checkpoint is and watch a cool animation"

Link of "cocoon its just a cool respawn animation as an adult alien" please...coz a magazine has said that you need to cocoone a marine, and then , when you died, you born as a facehugger form the egg...chestbuster---->alien.

Anyway, if you have heard thats is just an animation, without the alien cycle, just "in the same way" of the jaguar avp, just tell us your source. Im curious.

kvon17

kvon17

Now, what sense would it make for you to be born as a facehugger out of a human cocoon? My guess is when you respawn, you tear out of his chest as a chestburster.

And at the rate of growth for Aliens, you aren't staying a chestburster long enough to consider yourself "playing as a chestburster."

Like I've said before, rebellion has done it before. It's just a fancy looking checkpoint.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

The new Alien checkpoint system won't make sense story-wise unless they mess with the life-cycle.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jun 29, 2009, 02:00:57 AM
The new Alien checkpoint system won't make sense story-wise unless they mess with the life-cycle.

Why? Cocoon human. you die. Facehugger facehugs coccooned human. You burst through chest of cocoone human. Continue.

randy4321

randy4321

It makes sense but it doesnt cuz where are the eggs coming from? and do u kill a marine as alien and cocoon or cocoon alive then hug him? and fact is the marines will kill any body cocooned regardless or flame it or gaurd it, I hope they dont make this extremely difficult to do in the thicket of battle. It would be cool if u just got hugged and passed out for a while and out of no-where u get bursted so team mates wont surround ur body and worm kill, it will be unexpected.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: randy4321 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:03:21 AM

It makes sense but it doesnt cuz where are the eggs coming from? and do u kill a marine as alien and cocoon or cocoon alive then hug him? and fact is the marines will kill any body cocooned regardless or flame it or gaurd it, I hope they dont make this extremely difficult to do in the thicket of battle. It would be cool if u just got hugged and passed out for a while and out of no-where u get bursted so team mates wont surround ur body and worm kill, it will be unexpected.

The eggs are coming from the queen. Do you think that if there are Aliens loose that facehuggers won't be loose too?

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 29, 2009, 04:02:27 AM
Quote from: randy4321 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:03:21 AM

The eggs are coming from the queen. Do you think that if there are Aliens loose that facehuggers won't be loose too?

Yeah but there has to be a queen or someone to b queen to have eggs in game or maybe each map has a hive enviroment section with eggs, of course they would both be loose

Xhan

Xhan

You guys realize they haven't confirmed the lifecycle AT ALL right?

The first time we hear it is in a SPECULATION page of the PSW article where the author says what HE wants to see, which is then picked up by the Russian mag that has NO new info and says stuff "like WY runs and owns everything in the universe."

If it is in, they (Rebellion) haven't talked about it yet.. at all. The onyl hint we have is the Alien campaign will be "really different" (Alex)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed