Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 246,156 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on May 17, 2018, 02:50:50 AM
There's also that concept art by whatitsname (one of the guys that has worked for Ridley) that was leaked a while ago.  People were saying it was for Alien 5 but I doubt that.

You mean Huante's art? That was 100% for Alien 5.

Quote from: SM on May 17, 2018, 03:52:47 AM
https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/996879929655508992?s=19

I'm surprised Scified didn't manage to make a headline out of it before Wayne shot it down.

Well, someone else certainly jumped at it  :laugh: http://horrorfreaknews.com/has-alien-awakening-gone-into-pre-production-concept-artists-revealing-tweets/26602

Enoch

I wouldnt rule out the possibility of a sequel just jet. :)
Maybe its optimistic but I m a believer.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2018, 07:39:08 AM
Quote from: SM on May 17, 2018, 03:52:47 AM
https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/996879929655508992?s=19

I'm surprised Scified didn't manage to make a headline out of it before Wayne shot it down.

Well, someone else certainly jumped at it  :laugh: http://horrorfreaknews.com/has-alien-awakening-gone-into-pre-production-concept-artists-revealing-tweets/26602

:laugh:

Well, Scott did say he didn't want Aliens in the next err... Alien film, so Wayne repudiating "space rapists" might not necessarily mean no Covenant sequel. Don't know if David would qualify as a rapist. More like a wannabe one.  :P

Ask him if he's doing this new job in service of queen and country.

Enoch

Maybe  queen and country is just a code name for Alien Covenant sequel :laugh: :D

PsyKore

I don't see why Ridley wouldn't do both or any other projects at the same time, at least eventually. The guy does an amazing amount of work for his age. It's probably dependant on what the studios are interested in more, I guess. But he definitely needs to finish his prequels, imo, and I hope he doesn't give much credence to the haters.

Scorpio

He has his own production company called Scott Free Productions that produces lots of films and tv shows, some of which Ridley is involved some not.  He gets producer credit on a lot of stuff.  But he's delegating so much also, so he doesn't have to be that involved, can just organise multiple films at once that way.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Scott WamplerIn the Comcast/Disney battle for 20th Century Fox, I am rooting for whichever company is gonna let Ridley Scott finish off that new ALIEN trilogy.

Quote from: Hanna Ines FlintYeah but when I spoke to Scott he said he hadn't come up with a good enough idea to continue the story so it's more that he doesn't know how to finish it off.

https://twitter.com/HannaFlint/status/1006999606763409408

reecebomb

With the prequels, there wasn't a good idea to begin with.

0321recon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Quote from: Scott WamplerIn the Comcast/Disney battle for 20th Century Fox, I am rooting for whichever company is gonna let Ridley Scott finish off that new ALIEN trilogy.

Quote from: Hanna Ines FlintYeah but when I spoke to Scott he said he hadn't come up with a good enough idea to continue the story so it's more that he doesn't know how to finish it off.

If that's true. That's a pity to hear. Seems whatever that was written for the next chapter was shot down after Covenant's lackluster theater performance. then, I hope producer or director who liked the prequels takes over from Scott and continues the story.

Huggs

Quote from: reecebomb on Jun 13, 2018, 09:52:51 PM
With the prequels, there wasn't a good idea to begin with.

Not just good ideas, but any ideas. It honestly feels like Covenant was just phoned in. It seemed like a collection of random unused ideas. A movie made simply for the sake of making another movie. David and walter fighting mortal kombat style surrounded by stone and flaming torches? Really?

Prometheus felt legit, but I don't think anyone involved had any kind of realistic idea where this was headed after. I maintain the utmost respect for Ridley. But I think it's time to hand the franchise off to somebody who does have a solid idea of where to go with it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 10:17:19 PM
Not just good ideas, but any ideas. It honestly feels like Covenant was just phoned in. It seemed like a collection of random unused ideas. A movie made simply for the sake of making another movie. David and walter fighting mortal kombat style surrounded by stone and flaming torches? Really?

Prometheus felt legit, but I don't think anyone involved had any kind of realistic idea where this was headed after. I maintain the utmost respect for Ridley. But I think it's time to hand the franchise off to somebody who does have a solid idea of where to go with it.

It's a good idea to always have the broadstrokes laid down firmly before you move forward on a series.

Prometheus, in my opinion, should never have been intended to be "part of a whole."

Sure, have some threads you can potentially pick up on later, but it should be it's own thing in totality.

Ironically we now have an, effectively, abandoned thread in Promtheus, giving us only part of a story, and then we have a disjointed... Montage of ideas.

Prometheus did feel legit. Even if it was ultimately aimless, it felt like there was some higher brain activity going on. Covenant is like a beast. All instinct. The vestigial bits.

Baron Von Marlon

If we don't get the sequel, I hope we at least get the script to provide some form of closure.

Scorpio

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Good news.  Because it means that Ridley Scott still cares about this franchise and doesn't want to rush another one out.  Remember that Covenant took 5 years to get made after Prometheus.  Ridley will find the right story eventually.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 14, 2018, 03:47:25 AM
If we don't get the sequel, I hope we at least get the script to provide some form of closure.

It's unfortunate really. A good movie should be able to stand on its own feet and tell a story to completion. The original Alien movies could've ended anytime and been just fine. Their endings were finite. Just like the shark in Jaws. The enemy emerged, was defeated, and life either ends or goes on.

This trend of wanting to stretch things out over several films results in movies like covenant. You get a few token ideas and scenes with lots of useless filler stuffed in to save enough meat for the sequels. And when the next sequel doesn't get greenlit, the fans are left holding a bag full of empty promises and unrealized concepts. Leave the 10 years of character development and cliffhangers to television.

In for a penny, in for a pound, I say. Give me a story worth the telling, and I'll gladly pay to hear it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Sad news, but on the other hand it's not like they have so much to tell to the audience anyway: we already know who the Space Jockeys are, we already know about the origin of the Alien and Weyland Yutani already exists; so what's next? because I don't think most people are dying to know the conclusion of David's journey nor that they will be aware of the difference between the biomechanical Alien and the one we saw in Covenant. I have a feeling that the Prometheus marketing campaign managed to arouse the interest of the general audiences, but this type of audience needs fast entertainment and it took them 5 years to develop the sequel. By then, these people had already lost interest in everything related to the prequel series. And I'm not joking about the general audiences. Hell, I remember that some people in the theatre were thinking that Prometheus was going to have a plot similar to the game God of War or the film Clash of the Titans :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed