Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 09:41:08 PM
Part of me still wonders if the reason we aren't seeing any post-Aliens set stories on screen just yet (Romulus being pre-Aliens, and Hawley's show being pre-Alien and likely even pre-Prometheus [if it shares continuity with anything beyond the first film at all]) is because they have a "break glass in case of emergency" box at 20th with a Ripley and/or Newt project in it (Newt, more likely, since Sigourney seems totally done after the collapse of Blomkamp's film, she had no interest in even looking at Hill's, and Newt is easy to recast whenever) just in case the current crop of stuff doesn't work out...
Last post by Imbrie - Today at 09:37:59 PM
Really informative video, Mike's Monsters.

Must say that with all that is known about Blomkamp's movie, I'm not mourning the loss of it not being made. I really am not keen on genetic experimentation in movies in general and it's mostly for this reason that I could do without his take on Alien

Saying that, I do feel for the guy as he obviously put a lot of work and, apparently, money into the project and it looks like he was given the absolute runaround by Fox.
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:37:47 PM
Any director who calls themselves free of ego is lying, the only question is whether it's to the audience or themselves.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 09:32:56 PM
"Free of ego" wants to retcon half the franchise ay-l-mao
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 07:48:00 PMThere is a reason the M41A (lower picture) is an icon of SciFi history and the upper picture from Resurrection was forgotten.
The reason is the M41-A was named and given multiple loving closeups and a walkthrough of its use and features in the film. Its design is only a small part of why it stuck so well in people's minds.

After all, if it was just the design, you wouldn't have thought to ask

Quote from: gold on Today at 10:09:09 AMCan you name any weapon from A3,
Since it's the same weapon, very slightly modified.
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 08:37:13 PMSeems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...

Which is quite something coming from a director whom claims to be "free of ego".
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:16:43 PM
I love Christie's wrist guns. My favourite.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 09:08:31 PM
Challengers

So f**king good. Not the ending I was expecting, though.  :laugh:
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 09:03:01 PM
The M41A pulse rifle is cool and all, but resurrection has a gun in a thermos. A GUN...in a thermos. Iconic. 😎
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:35:00 PMDaniels, definitely intentionally a Ripley like, because the film subverts that through David winning.

Yup; I mean aesthetically she is literally Kenner Ripley. 😂

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed