AvP On Blu-Ray

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 27, 2007, 03:00:16 PM

Author
AvP On Blu-Ray (Read 20,972 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Apr 27, 2007, 07:07:46 PM
so you need a blue ray player in order to play blue ray cd´s?  >:(

Unfortunately yes.. and they aren't cheap at all.  The PS3 has one built in, but that b*tch is $600...

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

wow! thats too expensive! :o maybe in 7 years i can bought one  :D

Spoon

Spoon

It doesnt take long. 
I bought first gen DVD player and spent that much money for a dvd player.  In 1-2 years later they dropped alot.  Give it one more year and everyone will start owning one.
Buying a PS3 or a XBOX360 with HD DVD player is a great cheap way of getting it early.
Hell you can buy the HDDVD player for 200 dollers and run the movies off your computer.

Just a warning.  Once you start watching HD movies.. you dont even wanna see a normal dvd movie again.

I actually have Predator 1 and Alien in HD.  Alien looks fantastik for such an old film.
Predator 1 looks great too but theres some sounds missing and the sounds are different.  Its really odd.  Ah well Great to see those great old films in nice picture.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Ah who needs blue ray. Qualitys good and all but, I'll wait a few years until Dvds become obsolete completely.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Spoon on May 07, 2007, 09:00:52 PM
It doesnt take long. 
I bought first gen DVD player and spent that much money for a dvd player.  In 1-2 years later they dropped alot.  Give it one more year and everyone will start owning one.
Buying a PS3 or a XBOX360 with HD DVD player is a great cheap way of getting it early.
Hell you can buy the HDDVD player for 200 dollers and run the movies off your computer.

Just a warning.  Once you start watching HD movies.. you dont even wanna see a normal dvd movie again.

I actually have Predator 1 and Alien in HD.  Alien looks fantastik for such an old film.
Predator 1 looks great too but theres some sounds missing and the sounds are different.  Its really odd.  Ah well Great to see those great old films in nice picture.

HOLY.. how do you have Alien and Predator in HD??? I NEEEEEEEEEEED that.. like a drug man! :P  PM me? 

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The PS3 is a steal...the cheapest blue ray player i found was about $1000 or more. Which is way too damn much.

Cryxen

Cryxen

Just so you know its officially spelt BLU-ray, without the E.

Cellien

Cellien

Wish Fox would release it on HD-DVD.. I happened to get a HD-DVD player last X-mas, so thats the format I am supporting at the time being.  It Blu-Ray edges out.. fine I'll get one in a few years, but till then I am buying on HD-DVDs.  C'mon Fox, don't be retarded.  Release these movies on both formats.

Cryxen

Cryxen

Fox wont go HD-DVD, Blu-Ray is beating it by too large a margin.

Cellien

Cellien

Cryxen

Cryxen

Sorry i thought that Blu-ray outselling HDDVD by 60-70% every month meant it was winning, that and the only exclusive studio to HDDVD is Universal.

Bluray has Columbia, MGM, FOX, Disney blah blah

and this is from your article: Since the start of this year, momentum has been on Blu-ray's side, helped by sales of Sony's PlayStation 3. The majority of high-def disc sales, roughly 70%, have been on Blu-ray since January, according to the Blu-ray Disc Assn.

and by the time HDDVD reached 1 million bluray was actually at like 1.2.

Also Blockbuster has just announced they are only going to be stocking Blu-ray movies and not HDdvd.

Cellien

Cellien

I sense a fanboy.. I'm outta this convo.  :)

Cryxen

Cryxen

i win! booya... i mean blu-ya!

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Cryxen on Jun 21, 2007, 11:44:03 AM
i win! booya... i mean blu-ya!

::)

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

My computer plays hd-dvd and blu-ray. I lost the sound on my computer for a day and refused to watch my movies in "normal" mode. I only watch my movies in HD. I have a 22 inch wide screen HD-LCD 1080i computer monitor. The difference is night and day. The best movie as far as picture clarity has been SILENT HILL. Everytime I watch it it looks as though I can reach into the screen and touch the characters.
To better explain the difference is like this: Compare the graphics of the 1st Playstation to the Playstaion 3. That the difference. Its not just the picture quailty either. The sound is just a good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed