AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray

Started by BAMF Hunter, Dec 17, 2007, 07:15:08 PM

Author
AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray (Read 70,880 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Hehe.  Well honestly as long as this thread continues, it seems reasonable to bring it up.  I still can't believe how much they botched the release either.  I haven't watched it since I bought it (Blu-Ray)...when it came out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Blu-Ray looks fine to me. It always has, and always will.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I finally got me a Blu-ray player for x-mas and finally got around to buying the AVP collection, and noticed something strange about the AVP-R DVD, it was not the unrated cut, I don't know why I am complaining, its AVP-R, its just that when something says its one thing, you should not get something else.

Now, I read online that this is what comes with the AVP collection and that there is no known 'unrated' Blu-ray version, I am probably not the first to talk about this, but, I am still new to Blu-ray and there dodgy happenings.

XenoVC

The Demon

The Demon

I have that version only on standard DVD.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

I believe it's inly the USA region A Blu Ray which is the unrated edition. The UK region B is the extended edition which is different to the unrated cut.

Keyes

Keyes

The US had the unrated cut on blu ray and DVD, in the UK we only had the theatrical on Blu ray and the unrated on DVD.

coolshow

coolshow

One thing i dont understand is why are they gone put the AVP films in the upcomming Alien antholgy box when they are allready out on blu ray ?

The Alien saga is not part of the AVP serias

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: coolshow on Feb 25, 2010, 12:08:36 PM
One thing i dont understand is why are they gone put the AVP films in the upcomming Alien antholgy box when they are allready out on blu ray ?

That hasn't been confirmed as true yet.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 26, 2010, 12:38:42 AM
Quote from: coolshow on Feb 25, 2010, 12:08:36 PM

That hasn't been confirmed as true yet.

Didn't they do that with the Predator films once, added the AVP films in with a Predator box set, they are not part of the Predator movies, but they are still the sequels, and prequels to the Alien films, but I don't think they will be in the Aliens Blu-Ray set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, they called it the Predator Quadrilogy. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it. Surplus discs they need to get rid of.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

It wouldn't surprise me either, I am just hoping that they don't.
They will charge more.
And I don't want to pay for them again.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 27, 2010, 02:49:26 AM
It wouldn't surprise me either, I am just hoping that they don't.
They will charge more.
And I don't want to pay for them again.

My either, I just bought the damn AVP blu-ray collection a few weeks ago, don't want it again, unless its comes with the actual unrated version of AVP:R.

But still to much.

The Predator Quadrilogy was the one, I can't remember what it looks like now, but I will look it up after.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2010, 05:26:22 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026L7E50/ref=asc_df_B0026L7E50574529?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B0026L7E50

I think I only ever saw that once in some HMV, never saw it again, box art isn't that great.

As anybody noticed in the 'Weyland-Yutani' archives section, the small Predator picture is actual the child size Predator mask:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed