Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 153,302 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Add on another $5 million for Tuesday for a $61.2 total thus far

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Let's not forget there are still major territories who are yet to have a premiere for Prometheus. Such as Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Israel, Japan, etc. And of course my homeland, Poland ;) So there's still plenty of $$$$ to be made!!! Don't lose hope! European audiences respect Alien franchise and the age ratings are tad different here, so it won't affect ticket sales that much...And Prometheus will edge out the competition. No one cares about shitty Madagascar movies in EU, compared to Prometheus. For realz.

Cybercat

Cybercat

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 13, 2012, 07:44:00 AM
Quote from: Cybercat on Jun 13, 2012, 01:20:35 AM
Quote from: zakzak on Jun 13, 2012, 12:10:29 AM
The movie may gross on a lower side of $150 million. I wanted the movie to gross over $200 million but hey.....With all the minor violent scenes in the movie, Fox should push for PG13. LORD OF THE RINGS has more constant violence than this movie, seriously! and it gets a PG13

What are you talking about?  It already made 150 million.   ::)  Sorry, people, this movie was a success.  Take your lowballing negativity back to the past where it belongs.

He's talking about US box office (which does tend to be excessively focused on by the industry, presumably because the studios get a higher percentage). Worldwide, it's pretty damn close to making back its costs (assuming marketing + distribution is 50% of its $120m production budget, for a $180m total). Should make a tidy profit by the end of its run, and if they can jam the cool stuff people are expecting into the home media release (ideally a "director's cut"), that should be a great success (though, again, for some reason there isn't such a focus on DVD/BD sales).

Money is money.  I seriously doubt they're only going to focus on the US take with how Fox approaches films now.

Gazz

Gazz

Nobody has lost hope. In fact everywhere i look the people that matter seem to be saying that it's doing good business for the type of film it is, it's budget and rating. It's doing just fine.

r888

r888

I hope it makes it into the top 10 highest grossing films

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: r888 on Jun 14, 2012, 03:29:49 AM

Bro, it would have to make over a billion dollars to do that.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 14, 2012, 03:53:08 AM

Bro, it would have to make over a billion dollars to do that.

I'm going to assume he's referring to just 2012. Of course, even in that case it won't crack the top 10. Still, it doesn't need those accolades to be considered successful. Hell, FOX already seems very pleased with it's performance. Let's just hope it holds well this weekend. Anything equal to or less than a 50% drop would be ideal. Anything approaching 60% or worse would be troublesome

----------

A few more updates:

The official tally for Wednesday is $4.08 million, w/ a total of $65.33 million

Box Office is predicting a 2nd weekend haul of $23.5 million

Box Office Guru is predicting a 2nd weekend haul of $23 million

Exhibitor Relations is predicting a 2nd weekend haul of $24 million

All predict Madagascar to repeat at No. 1

Gazz

Gazz

Anywhere between $24-$26 would be solid and put the film at around $94-$96 million by the end of the weekend (following Snow Whites BO). Plus the foreign box office we'll be well in to $200 mil territory.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

You mean the top 10 highest grossing movie of 2012? It's possible but I won't count on it. With the IMAX 3D ticket sales then it could make at least 300 million. You have a new James Bond film and a Twilight coming out this fall. Prometheus might be lucky to make it to #10, but I still doubt it.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2012, 10:18:08 AM
It'd be a disgrace if Prometheus ended up earning less than Snow White and the Huntsman, Madagascar 3 and MIB3...

Well MIB3 is a Will Smith film and it's a sequel. I doubt Prometheus is going to out gross it anytime soon.

Prime113

Prime113

BoxOfficeMojo predicts a $23.5 million dollar weekend and 4th place finish.

Weekend Forecast (June 15-17)
1. Madagascar 3 - $33.8 million (-44%)
2. Rock of Ages - $28.6 million
3. That's My Boy - $24.5 million
4. Prometheus - $23.5 million (-54%)

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3463&p=.htm

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Israel and further seven south American teritories are opening on 14th/15th of June, so further $$$ :)

I've been at work yesterday, I was admitting people into the projection halls and showings Prometheus had nice attendance.. From time to time, I asked people why Prometheus.. Frequent answers are girlfriend who had to go with her boyfriend, people who like sci-fi, people who liked Alien movies and most important, word of mouth..

I think that Prometheus has steady attendance and will have some nice money.. And there are still some unopened teritories with nice box office potential ;)

The box office after this weekend will be $200 million. My estimation is between (or little less than) $400 to $500 total BO.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

At worst it'd be $300 domestic + worldwide. Not a flop by any means for a R-rated movie.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Enough ca$h to guarantee a sequel?

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 15, 2012, 08:38:42 AM
Enough ca$h to guarantee a sequel?

Probably, in meantime, Ridley will shoot The Counselor with Fassbender.. There will be enough time to write script.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The sequel is probably well under way in terms of administrative happenings, talks, etc...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed