Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 35,463 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 17, 2007, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 08:43:37 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2007, 08:40:01 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 08:12:17 PM
The predalien was going to be much more predator like, not just in terms of look but also behavior.
The studio wanted the predalien to use predator technology and weapons and even wanted the predalien to use the cloaking device.
...Never heard that one.
I had a long conversation with "crom", he gave me a big chunk of knowledge, and actually i was shocked that fox wanted to do that.
He also said that they had to fight for other things too, but didnt said what exactly.
Everybody was moaning that the new directors didnt have the balls like james cameron and david fincher to fight back for what they wanted, well, that is wrong i guess.
The strauses had the balls.

Fox is dumb! WTF! a cloaking device for the predalien!  ::)
Yup, sounds unbelievable doesn´t it?
But thats the way it was, i love fox, i love the movies from fox (most of them) and i love the cool logo... but they are dumbasses, or atleast turned into dumbasses.

Quoteit depends how it would be realised.

hmm i always thought about aliens as an intelligent alien life forms, not just dumb animals without brains. i wouldn't mind an intelligent, thinking predalien, which would took cloaking device from predator at some point of the movie and learn how to push the button to cloak itself and take advantage in surviving the whole mess.

well, seems like instead of thinking xenomorph, dumb retards, becoming completly harmless when caught by the throat, are much more better for you all  Huh
Are you working at fox?
No, just kidding...  ;)
If you like the idea... but i say that there are better ways to show the aliens intelligence without the predalien using predator weapons and cloaking device.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 08:51:09 PM
Thats true, but there must be something good about the current producer, i mean that guy did predator.
That guy also said Earth was best for AvP.

In the end it was a pretty hollow victory re the PredAlien. It still looks like ass.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, it's not that bad to be honest of course it's not going to be the best thing possible, they have a lack of money a lack of great designers. no Stan or Giger, or time it was probally rushed and Fox and the geniuses like they are probally had soemthing to do with it

echobbase79

echobbase79

And didn't Fox want it to look more Predator than Alien?

I think I remember reading a quote in a thread where the makers wanted more Alien but the company said more Predator when it came to the predalien.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2007, 08:58:24 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 08:51:09 PM
Thats true, but there must be something good about the current producer, i mean that guy did predator.
That guy also said Earth was best for AvP.

In the end it was a pretty hollow victory re the PredAlien. It still looks like ass.
Thats a matter of opinions, i think there is nothing wrong with the predalien, and i like the earth setting and there are plenty of ways you can make this work on earth.
The aliens dont belong to earth, and the predator not in the future in space with colonial marines, technically, these franchises are not to combine.
Quotend didn't Fox want it to look for Predator than Alien? I think I remember reading a quote in thread where the makers wanted more Alien but the company said more Predator.
They wanted a predator with alien features for the predalien and not the other way arround, and it was a tough thing to convince the studio to make it vice versa.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 08:57:45 PM
Are you working at fox?
No, just kidding...  ;)
If you like the idea... but i say that there are better ways to show the aliens intelligence without the predalien using predator weapons and cloaking device.

and i truly hope there will be scenes showing that in the movie, and i definetly don't have in mind 'building a ladder from stuff in a garage' ones while thinking about this. hmm, weapons is indeed bad idea, but cloaking device would be nice touch.

however i think propably fox would want it as a natural ability of predalien or something similiar, so probably it's better that way  ;)

echobbase79

echobbase79

So they basically wanted a predator with a tail!?!  ::) LAME!

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Gates on Oct 17, 2007, 11:14:24 AM
Is it just me or ever since AvP, the facehuggers haven't fit snuggly on the faces of the victims...? Compare the new picture to this one...

It's like the air-sacks don't wrap around the lower cheek and jaw anymore...  :-\

yeh I noticed that...especially in AVP, and thats one of the things I really liked because it seems like the facehuggers arn't really gripping the face very tight so they don't seem as scary.

But this is just a picture, maybe they'll look more secure and better colored in the movie then just from this one picture.

Brightside

Brightside

The difference between chestburster designs mirrors the quality of the movies well: The old ones were phallic, the new one is just a dick.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 17, 2007, 09:10:34 PM
Not just lame, but idiotic.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Brightside on Oct 17, 2007, 09:19:38 PM
The difference between chestburster designs mirrors the quality of the movies well: The old ones were phallic, the new one is just a dick.

great analogy actually....the old chestbursters seemed phallic like and you didn't really look at them and says "hey.... it's a dick.......but there not terrible now, there just a lot different.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 09:20:21 PM

These are obvious ideas from suits who think they have a brain.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 17, 2007, 09:31:42 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 17, 2007, 09:20:21 PM

These are obvious ideas from suits who think they have a brain.
Ha ha, yeah.

SiL

SiL

Looking over all the available images of the PredAlien, I see nothing biomech about it. It's got plated skin, but that's about it. There are no tubes or car parts, just swirls and seams.

There goes that idea.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteThere are no tubes or car parts, just swirls and seams.
Maybe there are some shots in the movie that really shows us the detail, maybe its more biomechanical then we think.
And there is a shot in the trailers where we see the predator extending his wristblades and we see the predaliens leg, it looks very biomech.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed