Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise?

Started by demonbane, Aug 20, 2013, 05:29:23 AM

Should Gearbox take responsibility?

Yeah.... maybe? I am an idiot and represent everything wrong with gaming industry...
5 (10.4%)
Hell, no! They will outsource this as well!
43 (89.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise? (Read 3,913 times)

BR1XER

What sort of question is this? Given that everyone already knows about the Borderlands-ACM sham, I'm surprised that this requires debate.

PRJ_since1990

I wouldn't mind seeing GBX go right under. I don't care about Borderlands. They were fun but the games are just pointless... their charm wore off after the first playthrough. Let them rot for being handed a golden opportunity and destroying it over the course of 6 years

Jegeren

Simply put, no. I don't enjoy many of their games to begin with except for the first Borderlands. The sequel was a disappointment and after what they did to ACM I don't want them anywhere near anything AVP related. I say we just let Rebellion get another chance for anything related to Aliens or Predators and hopefully they'll get the time to fully polish and develop the game. They did great with AVP Classic, so I know they can do it again.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Jegeren on Sep 06, 2013, 01:51:47 AM
Simply put, no. I don't enjoy many of their games to begin with except for the first Borderlands. The sequel was a disappointment and after what they did to ACM I don't want them anywhere near anything AVP related. I say we just let Rebellion get another chance for anything related to Aliens or Predators and hopefully they'll get the time to fully polish and develop the game. They did great with AVP Classic, so I know they can do it again.

Exactly. Or I'd prefer if FOX took our favorite licenses and gave them to someone else... any suggestions? I'd like to see Visceral Games make an Aliens game but... EA...

windebieste

windebieste

After spending $60,000,000 on a game that spent 6 years being thrown back and forth between the primary developer and its outsourced workforce only to make average sales at best; they squandered one of Fox' greatest IP assets and the result was the most retarded game of the year.  Not just worst, but RETARDED.

Fox is gonna permit that to be repeated, right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?!

If such a project does get green-lit, anyone who expects better and buys it deserves to be stung. 

-Windebieste.

EDiT:  Oh, the article is date stamped, 12 Dec 2012.  Well before release and prior to anyone knowing what a mess 'A:CM' was going to be.  So, fergit about it.  Aint gon happen.   What a joke.   

Jarac

I  think I almost threw up in my mouth upon reading the thread title. Gearbox should never be allowed to touch the IP ever again after the A:CM debacle.

Deathbearer

Rebellion just aren't what they used to be. They had a shot and while I liked the 2010 AVP, it was fairly substandard. Face it man, they're just not up to it anymore.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Deathbearer on Oct 28, 2013, 04:48:08 PM

Rebellion just aren't what they used to be. They had a shot and while I liked the 2010 AVP, it was fairly substandard. Face it man, they're just not up to it anymore.
Substandard was right. I played it to death, yeah, got 100% Achievements. However, the Rock-Paper-Scissors thing just didn't make sense from a realistic point of view and coincidentally didn't play well, especially online (what with a small amount of lag being the difference between life and death lol).

Elicas

I'm not sure I'd trust them to wipe my arse without outsourcing it and botching the whole thing, leaving shit smeared all around the cubicle walls....

Gate

Gate

predxeno

I may not agree with how demonbane phrased the poll, but I wouldn't trust Gearbox within a mile of any of my favorite franchises; they'll just take the money and spend it on Borderlands 3, then expect Sega or whatever publisher stupid enough to trust them these days to give them more money for the project they were supposed to be working on in the first place.

Aceburster

I wouldnt put Gearbox in charge of making instant noodles let alone the Predator franchise.

DUB1

Out of curiousity, how do you people  think a Gearbox-made Predator game would be like? I haven't played A:CM yet, so I don't know if it's as dungtastic as it's said to be, but I'd still like to know.

Arterial Spray

Arterial Spray

Quote from: DUB1 on Nov 17, 2013, 04:31:49 PM
Out of curiousity, how do you people  think a Gearbox-made Predator game would be like? I haven't played A:CM yet, so I don't know if it's as dungtastic as it's said to be, but I'd still like to know.

Lazy and broken at best. Play Duke Nuke'm. That is how they would interpret the predator franchise.....

That said.... looking at the stuff fox wanted to be in AvP:R and the stuff Sega/Fox wanted put in AvP(2010) I am wondering just who the problem with the franchise is. Is it all gearbox? Or did Fox insist on the Boiler? Just who was it that sent the fabled "more like CoD" request?
Did Fox have to sign off on everything Gearbox did, as is the case with Prodos Games (the miniature game)?
We already know the horrible bulky (no helmets) look in AVP was due to Sega feedback... or was it feedback from Fox?!

judge death

Hell no! That is all to that and hope gearbox goes down soon.
Seems most people forget how bad work they put on: Duke nukem forever, another one of their projects they also took money from.
And aliens colonial marines they did the same thing. Stay away from Gearbox!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed