Alien: Vault gets re-release with new content

Started by Engineer, May 01, 2019, 03:09:05 AM

Author
Alien: Vault gets re-release with new content (Read 8,389 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I couldn't say my favourite, so many good ones but I myself regularly look through the Prometheus Artbook, David's Drawings and the Isolation Artbook.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

I can't imagine the Prequel section is large.

Elmazalman

The Old One

The Old One

I think likewise, until a final Prequel releases and it gets another update anyway.

HuDaFuK

Considering I literally just bought the original version recently, I won't be getting this, but nice that it's back on shelves.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, that's true.

Xenomrph

My copy just shipped and should be here tomorrow, I'll have the two versions to compare side-by-side.

HuDaFuK

Do tell.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 19, 2019, 09:48:04 AM
Do tell.
I don't have the time to go page-by-page through both versions to do a comparison, but some notable differences:

- the exterior cover on the new version is pretty classy, with a cascading rendition of the "ALIEN" title appearing one piece at a time
- the front and back covers of the main book are different. I kinda prefer the original version, with Ripley on the front and the Alien on the back, but the new one isn't bad.
- the new version (wisely) moves the "artifacts" to pouches on the insides of the front and back covers, instead of interspersed throughout the book. The pouches in my copy of the original release were coming apart and becoming un-stuck from the inside of the book, so I'm very happy with this redesign choice
- speaking of the artifacts, the new version drops two (the American movie poster and the autodoc sketch) and gains two new ones (the Covenant ship logo, and a drawing of the facehugger from 'Alien: Covenant')
- the new version is 15 pages longer than the old one. At least some of the content in the rest of the book has been altered, but I don't know to what extent. i did notice that page numbers don't line up between the two versions, and the last two paragraphs of the "Legacy" chapter are omitted from the new version (for some reason), to name some specific changes

I don't regret "upgrading", especially if I can sell the old one and get a little bit for it to subsidize the cost of the new one. I think most of the changes are for the better. I'd say it's worth a buy if you don't already have it but it's a bit of a harder sell if you've already got the old version, but it doesn't feel like a total waste of money or anything.

Darwinsgirl

Thank you for sharing. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed