A L I E N S

Started by Hemi, Apr 15, 2010, 06:42:38 PM

Author
A L I E N S (Read 19,936 times)

Hemi

Hemi

This project has changed allot since I first started. I cannot go into details. Add me on steam to find out personally what Ive been doing and maybe ill show you some cool stuff... ;-) (Hicks allready had a scoop..and I think he liked it!)

Steam ID : hemicrania

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is extremely sexy. Love the render and love the general idea. Also love the website. You'll have to keep us updated. I'll definitely be giving this coverage on the front page.

Hemi

Hemi

wow...hehe... didnt see that commin..  :D Im honoured m8...  :D

Well...its gonna be one hell of a challenge, but I got some help with the 3d work/programming now.

And then there were 2.... lol.

I always wanted a alien game set in fury 161...so here goes hehe.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I played it (looks great) and it took me about fifteen minutes before I realised that the level repeats itself lol.  ::)

Anyway, it looks like it could be amazing. Complete with a story, of course. By the way, is there going to be a level system of some sort? I just couldn't imagine running away from an Alien 15 times in a row, but I'm nonetheless excited. :)

Hemi

Hemi

posted some story details in the about section :

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/?page_id=2

And the game-mechanics are going the a bit allong the line of...enter a room...look around...choose a path/action...

It will also involve timed actions...(no literally with a timer in screen). But more like...enter a room...timer runs...motiontracker reacts...choose path quick..or die lol.

were gonna look into levels that can change on every playthrough....but that might be tricky.

[EDIT] Ill give avpgalaxy a nice spot on the site ok?

Everlasting Undead

Everlasting Undead

I am liking this project a lot.

Hemi

Hemi

Dont worry about running btw. It will be more like Newt did in the second movie. Hiding in narrow spaces were the alien cant reach. And baracading doors and such offcourse...fideling with hacktools etc. If it comes...youll need to be inventive.

Main goal of the production process is not to over-expose the creature, so encounters will be brief and not that often. Its the reverse think process comparred to current alien games, were numbers count. Ours is gonna be 1 Alien, 1 man. The way Alien in the first and third movie was meant to be.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds pretty cool. I like the story idea. I assume it wont be too long? I wouldn't think the mechanics would hold up for a long game.

Hemi

Hemi

well....monkey island pulled it off...lol  ;D

The complex is huge offcourse. And it would become a tad dull maybe, roaming arround empty corridors and such. Who knows, the length hasnt really come up yet.

I want to create as much reference material to the third movie as possible so I have no idea how long the game will be.

It takes place a few months after alien 3, so it doesnt really show much decay(it already was pretty much in decay to start with lol)....wich will be a challenge to get the look and feel right. The furnaces are down offcourse...but not for long hehe, we have some nice ideas about that. Also the candle corridor must be in it, just dont know how yet.

Do post your ideas in this thread. Im open for everything!

ps : added a link to this site on the homepage, hope you like it hicks!

SiL

SiL

I'd suggest making it a nice, tense pace, but put in enough random elements to give it a strong replay value. Things like multiple ways to rid the Alien, it popping up randomly on your tracker, etc.

Hemi

Hemi

hmmm, yes. Thats a good idea. Ill see if we can come up with some ideas for that.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I am very interested in this project now. :)

webley13

webley13

good stuff hemi - if theres any small jobs i can do to help, let me know :)

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Looks great! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this.

Hemi

Hemi

started the thinktank.... we need to create the topview of the game, so we need blueprints and layouts of the complex. Any tips on how to get them?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed