Possible Trailer Description?

Started by Darkoo, Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM

Author
Possible Trailer Description? (Read 43,903 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2016, 09:40:19 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Dec 01, 2016, 07:45:45 PM
Possible trailer desription from an another forum
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34509391&postcount=280
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34509717&postcount=283

So who here is chamber-music (from the full thread)?

As for that trailer description. I'm not sure how I'd feel if it was a legit description. I mean really, we shouldn't expect a great deal from teaser trailers. For example -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxgr8NTD20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_x9W1xKng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmjv9nJrmRM

But with how much actual footage we get in them now-a-days, maybe we're a little spoiled?

Prometheus's teaser was absolutely amazing, and I don't even like the final movie.  So I expect a good teaser at the very least.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 02, 2016, 04:23:51 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2016, 12:50:00 PM
I've spoken to some folk and it looks like there is indeed a shower scene in the film as described. This maybe legit.

This is a joke right?

Seriously, I am hoping this is a joke.  There is zero way you can legitimately do a shower scene like that in 2016 and be taken seriously.  It's maybe the biggest cliche in horror movies.

Out of everything that has been leaked about this movie, this, if not a deadpan joke like I am hoping for, is probably the stupidest idea.  Shower scene, Connections to Ripley, this is all read like the ideas of someone who has completely lost the plot.

This sounds right up there with other classic shower scenes....like the one in "Jack Frost".  No not the one with Robin Williams, the other Jack Frost.

Relax it may end up on the deleted scenes list... Plus it all depends on how it's handled. 8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Guys, I think I managed to obtain leaked footage of the Alien: Covenant shower scene. Watch it before it gets taken down!

Spoiler

Massive spoilers ahoy!
Spoiler
[close]

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2016, 04:34:54 PM
Guys, I think I managed to obtain leaked footage of the Alien: Covenant shower scene. Watch it before it gets taken down!

Spoiler

Massive spoilers ahoy!
Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

fiveways

fiveways

I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this movie.  Like, the plot is starting to sound like a terrible slasher movie.  Replace Colonists with Teenagers and an alien planet with the wood/an island

"A group of teenagers go off for an adventure in the woods and encounter a crazy scientist experimenting with forces he doesn't fully understand."  It sounds like an awful slasher flick.  Toss in the shower scene (which I hope is a joke or an in-joke I just don't understand) and you have the makings of a completely generic sack of shit.

Hopefully the colonists brought beer, pot, and plan to have lots of premarital sex.

SFW version:

NSFW Version

Enoch

Enoch

I consider those kind of movies...shameful... at the very least.
I have optimism considering Covenant is Ridleys movie,
and I think he s not senile and insane... or is he?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I love the knee-jerk reactions of this fanbase lol  :laugh:

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 02, 2016, 04:58:26 PM
I consider those kind of movies...shameful... at the very least.

I like trashy horror flicks for what they are.  I certainly wouldn't call them good films.  Fun sometimes, enjoyable to watch with a group of people, but 99% of the time not good (the Orignal Halloween is an exception to that rule, as it is a great film that still manages to be creepy to me years later).

After AvP:R, i was hoping they would leave this sort of thing behind (because that was at its core just a terrible slasher exploitation film with zero redeeming qualities, and possibly the worst film I have ever seen).

Enoch

Enoch

They are good only to clear your mind from time to time... (in my case in very rare occasions).
but horror without motifs, believable characters/actions, psychological
tension and atmosphere is nothing in my book. I m a great fan of atmosphere, strong acting,
psychological tension and therefore consider The Silence of the Lambs as one of the greatest
movies in that field. Of course when we speak about SF (horror) then we cant even start to speak
without mentioning Alien, The Thing, Videodrome, The Fly,...and many other movies (often older ones)

*P.S. Cameron's sequel to Alien is different in many fields from the original one.
Aliens is not a movie of atmosphere but it builds its tension upon action and
fast sequences. Its an action-horror/thriller, and one of the best in SF genre. Great sequel.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 02, 2016, 05:00:33 PM

The reason for that is most of this franchise is really bad.  Alien is fantastic, Aliens is fun, Prometheus is a mess of ideas with some good in it, I actually kinda like Alien 3 for the look, pacing and set design.  The rest of the films, books, comics, and pretty much everything beyond "Isolation" and a couple of the coin op video games have been just absolutely terrible.  It's hard to keep a level of excitement when you read stuff like "shower scene".  "Shower Scene" in my mind translates to "Boobs and blood" film making beyond the original Psycho.  It's not something I normally associate with good parts of Alien.  It's also something I don't really see Scott doing, which is why it seems extra surprising and out of place. 

Again, there might be a joke I am missing, or it could be total horse shit.  Having Hicks confirm there is a shower scene in the film wasn't the direction I expected this thread or the movie to go in. 

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

I've been guilty of it, we all are. But the fact remains we haven't seen the teaser yet. It probably won't be as good as the Prometheus one, but we all have to be confident the final product will be better than Prometheus.  For such hype, it was one of the flattest dullest movie experiences of the past 5 years.

I didn't exactly wet myself during the Arrival trailer but that was bloody amazing as an end product. Perhaps if there is a shower scene, it might not be indicative of the whole movie? There might not even be a shower scene. Who knows for now.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 02, 2016, 05:06:51 PM
They are good only to clear your mind from time to time... (in my case in very rare occasions).
but horror without motifs, believable characters/actions, psychological
tension and atmosphere is nothing in my book. I m a great fan of atmosphere, strong acting,
psychological tension and therefore consider The Silence of the Lambs as one of the greatest
movies in that field. Of course when we speak about SF (horror) then we cant even start to speak
without mentioning Alien, The Thing, Videodrome, The Fly,...and many other movies (often older ones)

I hate "Silence of the Lambs" with a burning passion, I don't find it believable at all and find the acting comical and ham-fisted.  I also fully accept it is not my kind of movie.

The rest, I totally agree with.  I love the golden period of Cronenberg and Carpenter.  "Possession" by Andrzej Żuławski is a good example of a horror movie I love, which combined a lot of elements, and probably shouldn't work as a movie but somehow does.  Even most of the exploitation horror stuff I like falls on the abstract side (Lucio Fulci's "The Beyond" is a favourite of mine).  The slasher genre, unless done really well or with a good sense of fun and not taking itself to seriously, is mostly a miserable viewing experience to me.

On the Ridley Scott thing, he's done 2 and a half films l've enjoyed.  Alien, Blade Runner, and half of Prometheus.  The rest I either haven't seem or just weren't of interest to me.  I guess I just don't have the faith in him some people around here have. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

Exactly.  Any mention of sex/nudity and out come the prudes.  ::)

Ephemer Nine

Ephemer Nine

I think it's absurdly safe to assume it's fake...

...even though this is scaring me:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2016, 12:50:00 PM
I've spoken to some folk and it looks like there is indeed a shower scene in the film as described. This maybe legit.

Corporal, could you elaborate? Does it really resemble this report?  :(

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2016, 05:36:27 PM

Exactly.  Any mention of sex/nudity and out come the prudes.  ::)

Nudity doesn't bother me.  Out of place nudity annoys the shit out of me.  That is the tactic of genre films, the entire "let's have a rape scene so we can get boobs in the movie" world of film making (I know I am using an extreme example, but we are discussing a franchise that dips its feet into the exploitation pool every so often).  While I like a lot of trashy movies, this just strikes me as out of place in an Alien movie that doesn't have the word "Predator" attached to the title.

Now excuse me, I have a stack of '70's heavy metal magazines to read.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed