Prometheus 2 Premise? (RUMOR)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 25, 2015, 04:03:28 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 Premise? (RUMOR) (Read 5,360 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Take with a huge grain of salt:

QuoteI've heard rumblings from people with access to some drafts that Shaw's warning to stay away from LV223 is dismissed by the greedy and untrusting Weyland executives or someone else at the company. They want to know if the Prometheus crew made contact with alien life-forms or technology, since it would be extremely profitable for the company if they did even if it killed the previous group.

Instead of sending unreliable humans with expensive contracts/supplies, they send a large group of robots this time, some military hardware and a small handful of loyal Weyland employees, because the robots might need a handler or two to keep them inline and on task.

Chris adds that "This would explain the multiple Davids that are said to be in the film and could be the secondary plot of the film. I'm just curious if we'll be seeing a military model of the Weyland synthetics."

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/prometheus-2-plot-leak-reveals-why-alien-5-script-had-to-be-changed

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Fassbender playing more than one David at the same time? That would be some epic acting. However this would make perfect sense, who the hell wouldn't send another team in?

T Dog

T Dog

Well if it's true then the Deacon is there to f**k shit up when that team arrives!

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

But what about the comments Ridley made about the character relationship between David and Shaw. This kind of contradicts that.

T Dog

T Dog

Could do both no?

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 25, 2015, 03:55:28 PM
Could do both no?

Shaw and David returning to LV-223 or Shaw and David onboard the craft intercut with investigation on LV-223 both seem like a cop out. You either have to have a bit of focus on what you're trying to say at this point, not dance around the subject.

Corporal Hicks

I'm inclined not to believe this one.

T Dog

T Dog

Would make sense if the rumours are true about there being multiple Davids. The dude who posted the original rumour though runs a website that is ALL speculation though. Looking through his twitter postings he kind of seems like he a stick up his ass.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

I'm not inclined to believe this rumor has any real "inside information" to it.  I think a lot of people (myself included) assumed this is how things would shake down if/when a sequel ever hit theaters.  Lindelof painted any future movies into a corner when he had Shaw and David take off in a Juggernaut.  I'm sure plenty of hard core fans wouldn't mind a movie based solely on the adventures of Shaw and David, but I'm not sure how well it would be received by the general movie going public.

My assumption was always that we'd have split story arcs that may or may not intersect at some point in the movie.

Arc 1 - Shaw and David traveling towards the Engineer homeworld

Arc 2 - Follow-up mission to LV223

Lonely Universe

I can never think of how they'll tell a satisfying story for the general movie going public with what's been set up.

It's my guess that the entirety of the movie takes place on the Engineer homeworld & has to do with Shaw & David being imprisoned & studied until a war breaks out. Perhaps it's all about Shaw sabotaging the planet with their own creations, or joining up with a rebellion against the main governing body.

Maybe they never even reach the homeworld & instead are attacked by an opposing species along the way. Maybe the whole thing takes place inside the Juggernaut & is about Shaw & David evading some creature they've unleashed while fighting amongst themselves.

I just hope it doesn't try to repeat Prometheus in any way. It's gotta be about its own thing. I kinda hope it's not  called 'Prometheus 2' because the title barely made sense in the first film. It should def be it's own entity.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: 8BA on Mar 27, 2015, 06:58:21 PM
I can never think of how they'll tell a satisfying story for the general movie going public with what's been set up.

It's my guess that the entirety of the movie takes place on the Engineer homeworld & has to do with Shaw & David being imprisoned & studied until a war breaks out. Perhaps it's all about Shaw sabotaging the planet with their own creations, or joining up with a rebellion against the main governing body.

Maybe they never even reach the homeworld & instead are attacked by an opposing species along the way. Maybe the whole thing takes place inside the Juggernaut & is about Shaw & David evading some creature they've unleashed while fighting amongst themselves.

I just hope it doesn't try to repeat Prometheus in any way. It's gotta be about its own thing. I kinda hope it's not  called 'Prometheus 2' because the title barely made sense in the first film. It should def be it's own entity.

I hope that Prometheus 2 can actually tell a story with a beginning and an end and not just be another prologue movie that sets up the next one, which is the way Prometheus felt to me.

Alien 1 - 3 all felt like they told a complete story in each film that had a beginning, middle, and end. Prometheus just had a premise but no real story.

Gash

Gash

Trouble is back in the 1970s films weren't often conceived with the idea of sequels. Now, it's part of the thought from the very start. I think it's possible that some film makers are envious of the 16 ep seasons that some TV dramas get and want to spread a story across more than a two hour film, the problem is the time it takes to make a film, and the fact that it's box office draw has a direct effect on it's budget makes it a more precarious way of telling a long story.

But in a way I think it's ok, if you're incredibly patient.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Gash on Mar 28, 2015, 10:50:49 PM
Trouble is back in the 1970s films weren't often conceived with the idea of sequels. Now, it's part of the thought from the very start. I think it's possible that some film makers are envious of the 16 ep seasons that some TV dramas get and want to spread a story across more than a two hour film, the problem is the time it takes to make a film, and the fact that it's box office draw has a direct effect on it's budget makes it a more precarious way of telling a long story.

I don't think it's a bad thing that they actually wanted to tell complete stories in 70's films. The modern practise of making release dates instead of movies and the even worse practise of dating sequels before the first film is released is pretty f**king bad!

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 29, 2015, 05:29:06 PM

I don't think it's a bad thing that they actually wanted to tell complete stories in 70's films. The modern practise of making release dates instead of movies and the even worse practise of dating sequels before the first film is released is pretty f**king bad!

I would be fine if they wanted to tell stories, even. Most of the time it isn't though, it's about building a franchise to make more assloads of $$$ for people who are already millionaires.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 29, 2015, 05:29:06 PM

No disputing that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed