What do you want from Prometheus 2?

Started by The1PerfectOrganism, Feb 20, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Author
What do you want from Prometheus 2? (Read 16,154 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Would you like it to cast Prometheus is a positive light?
Is that even a priority? Or would you rather it start as though the events in Prometheus were only events and not worth addressing?

Personally I feel this could go one of three ways, the SW prequels route generally getting better with each instalment, but not to the standard fans want or it could die a slow death in the corner of production.

Personally I hope it goes down it's own route and the fact that Jack.P is writing gives me hope and then it returns to Alien for it's end. Hopefully Prometheus is our "Alien3" of this franchise and we don't get a Resurrection.

Kimarhi

More coherent and structured storyline.  More believable characters.

Decide whether or not there is going to be Alien influence or not. 

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I want it to be weirder.

I want Shaw to lose her religious beliefs for good after the "stubborn" attitude at the end of the first film. (Pretty sure wanting to do a second film was part of the decision why they avoided Shaw losing her "religion" in the first one... they wanted to give her a larger story arc.)

I want David to go completely evil in his quest for personal freedom/survival.

More biomechanical elements in design + more "sea life" inspired elements as well in design. I want Giger back. ;) The Engineers could well use some "pharaonic" elements in their design as well.

I want to see if there's a deity of sorts that the Engineers worship... and i'd like it to be fairly lovecraftian in concept/look.

If they are gunning towards space opera in terms of style they better go ahead and do it really well... take some influences from Jodorowsky/Moebius.. the "Prophet" comic books... etc.

that's the bucket list. :P

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That sounds perfect. (:

Valaquen

A tight script. A darker tone. Two things I'd love.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I'm glad nobody wants actual Xenomorphs.

ChrisPachi

As long as it sticks to the convictions of the first film and has a better script I'm happy. I really want to see Scott at the helm too, it would be a shame if he handed the reins to someone else.

Be nice if it was actually scary as well.

JPredator

I want to see Unique Giger designed Bio-mechanical ALien world. A desolate world filled with relics of a long lost Alien civilisation.

Another Bio-Mech species, a firghtening species that make the Engineers look like cabbage patch kids in comparisson. (i.e if the engineers are god, then who is the devil?)

Darker tone, interesting plot covering themes hinted at in the first.

For it to be called Paradise.

Corporal Hicks

My main priority is a script that is consistent. It want it to make sense. I want better character motivation and to decide what it's doing with it's connection to Alien.

On the visual side of things - I'd like more biomechanical. It was sort of there but it looks too stony. I'd love a vast Giger-ish cityscape.

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2014, 12:23:06 PM
On the visual side of things - I'd like more biomechanical. It was sort of there but it looks too stony. I'd love a vast Giger-ish cityscape.

Penis city

judge death

A good story with no plotholes, well written charachters and behavior of both humans and aliens and such(Not xenos).
Dark atmosphere and story, something new and not a story we have already seen or either done really well and feels fresh.
Make the engineers to wannabes of the real space jokeys, they should be alien like and mysterious and not super humans as the engineers were. A good way to repair the damage was when they showed these engineers as the space jockeys and just tell us that they just wanna look like them and why they werent as big as the original space jockey.

Make the space jockeys/engineers smart and have their goals and not simple monsters who wanna kill us for no reason.
Maybe they arent evil at all?

Make HR Giger make more of the designs of the alien planets and such, best would be they let him decide the alien stuff and someone else to design the human designs.

Make their world fit better with what we see in alien, on Nostromo they never had holograms and all the advanced stuff they had, I doubt the crew on nostromo would have older technology on their ship than they had over 60 years ago...

Have a good writer doing the script!

Then I would have a movie to look forward to :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

QuoteWhat do you want from Prometheus 2?

about tree fiddy

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Of course more believeable actors, a darker and more threatening tone, muuuch more Giger Style...the weird stuff. Though we won't get that since it won't attract the public audience.

But most of all: Some kind of masterplan behind the storyline...Prometheus feels like a mix of random mistery sh*t to keep the audience busy - like Lost did with a cheap cop-out resolution. It's nice to have some similiarities to the old Alien movies, but in the end it felt like they wanted to satisfy a few fans (OH! I've seen that before!) and they just tried to keep all doors open for whatever progression they pick for a possible sequel.

I don't think they have a thought through or even a rough story that stretches over several movies...and i think that is something you need to create an interesting franchise, not picking random directions once you decide to do a sequel.

At least the first one was no total let-down, but I think you can make much more out of this movie than they did. The source material is not THAT bad and COULD become something big - in the right hands.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

I want to see a strict continuation of the story. Shaw and David in a ship heading somewhere that winds up being completely f**ked up beyond belief.

Movies like Moon and Gravity have shown that a film can be done with only a few actors and still be amazing. I want this to do the same: Shaw and David. That's all that's left!

I'd love for em to think they are going to some kind of heaven place and it just being a shitshow.

I want answers to questions from the first movie, but I want them to raise even bigger questions. I want that sense of mystery to continue.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Feb 23, 2014, 11:01:57 PM
I want to see a strict continuation of the story. Shaw and David in a ship heading somewhere that winds up being completely f**ked up beyond belief.

Movies like Moon and Gravity have shown that a film can be done with only a few actors and still be amazing. I want this to do the same: Shaw and David. That's all that's left!

I'd love for em to think they are going to some kind of heaven place and it just being a shitshow.

I want answers to questions from the first movie, but I want them to raise even bigger questions. I want that sense of mystery to continue.

I like you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed