Eating Aliens, WTF?!?

Started by vehtam, Nov 28, 2007, 08:58:43 PM

Author
Eating Aliens, WTF?!? (Read 61,399 times)

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 28, 2007, 11:26:18 PM
Golic was the one that said "feeds on minds".

hmmm, i thought that was metaphore.

Anomaly

Anomaly

So did the strauses misinterpret or did A3 mean this literal?

The eating could also be a dog trait only.

What does fincher think of this? hmmm...

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: vehtam on Nov 28, 2007, 11:34:03 PM
Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 28, 2007, 11:26:18 PM
Golic was the one that said "feeds on minds".

hmmm, i thought that was metaphore.

Same here. Golic saw it punch a hole into Boggs's head. He "feeds on minds." Get it?

gases

gases

so do the aliens or pred aliens eat in this? or both? is it confirmed? man theres new info that i haven't heard yet.
Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 28, 2007, 11:35:58 PM

wouldn't make sense because if alien eats, then everything should. Humans eat, dogs eat, preds eat.
Gaining like 100kg in 2 days requires a massive intake of something... Food seems logical??!?!?!?!?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

How do you explain the Nostromo Alien than? That thing grew in just a couple hours, yet fed on nothing.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 28, 2007, 11:35:58 PM

the commentary says he loved how the viewer don't have idea what hell is alien doing.

Also the scene, the only one in the entire franchise, which you interpret as alien eating, actually shows, that its victim is still alive, so propably its just killing it in very gruesome way, not eating.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the novelization of Alien mentions a storage room raid by the chestburster right before it molts its skin. So we really don't know if it ate meat or not.

SM

SM

The Alien script and novelisation told us it ate.  They trap it in the food locker and Dallas flames the crap out of it and it escapes into the airduct.  After a brief discussion about who's going to follow it, Dallas volunteers Parker who pikes.  Ripley says she'll go but Dallas realises he has to go himself.

QuoteBe nice to your other forum members SM, irrespective of whatever your views on them are.

There's a difference between my view and fact.  I posted the latter.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

That's fine then. Never really had a problem with it, but still questioned it.

vehtam

vehtam

the novelisations told us about facehugger with an eye aswell ;)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The person writing the novelization wasn't exactly sure about creature details, so the descriptions on the visuals are murky at best. But it does go to show that the production crew was aware of the impossibility in any creature spontaneously gaining mass.

SM

SM

Ash theorises that they now know how it grew so big so fast.

It was better left on the cutting room floor because it's best left mysterious.  What if it DOESN'T need food to get so big so fast?  Makes a much more formidable opponent if you deny it food and it STILL grows really big really fast.  Existing films would indicate they don't NEED food anyway.

However an Alien eating isn't exactly out of left field.  Like a lot of the other dopey aspects of this film.

Quotethe novelisations told us about facehugger with an eye aswell

Based on Giger's art.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2007, 12:00:25 AM

Quotethe novelisations told us about facehugger with an eye aswell

Based on Giger's art.

yep, along with the turkey chestburster ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2007, 11:52:00 PM
QuoteBe nice to your other forum members SM, irrespective of whatever your views on them are.

There's a difference between my view and fact.  I posted the latter.

Look, it was against the rules and you know that. Let's not make this into something it need not be, I was just doing my job afterall.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 28, 2007, 11:57:05 PM
The person writing the novelization wasn't exactly sure about creature details, so the descriptions on the visuals are murky at best. But it does go to show that the production crew was aware of the impossibility in any creature spontaneously gaining mass.

intresting indeed. makes me wonder, why it wasn't ever filmed, and why in every next installment aliens just kill, without eating. SM might be right. Change was made to make it more inhuman and unstoppable. And that is exact effect it, and the next two movies, made on me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed