Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived?

Started by Kradan, Feb 10, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Would you feel better about this?

Yes
33 (45.8%)
No
39 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived? (Read 31,056 times)

SM

You're not obliged to "see it".

Samhain13

Samhain13

You really think the character of Amanda Ripley is popular? Even among the fanbase I see mostly indifference towards her. I don't think I ever saw an Amanda fanboy. People care more about a game like Isolation than whatever happened to her afterwards.

Are those comics selling that well? How about Blackout? You got to have something more than Isolation's positive reception to say that.

Local Trouble

As much as I think the prequels suck, I'll at least give Ridley credit for not trying to connect them to Ripley in some contrived way.

Samhain13

Don't say that before he is finished with them.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 03, 2019, 11:05:11 PM
Don't say that before he is finished with them.

Yeah, he seems pretty open to being influenced by those around him. If some go getter talks him into a Ripley link over a pint we'll wind up with one. Which would definitely sour me on the prequels.

Local Trouble

Either that or the usual "it was mandated by the studio" thing.

The Old One

The Old One

Ugh, absolutely.

Local Trouble

You just know that Ripley's mom will be the one who foils David's plot to eradicate humanity.

Samhain13

Could be Ripley herself. Her memory just needs to be wiped before the events on Alien and everything will still make sense. It worked with Out of Shadows... right? RIGHT?  :P

Local Trouble

I hope Fox is paying attention and taking notes.  We're throwing pearls at them in this thread.

The Old One

The Old One

I wouldn't say as much lol.

Voodoo Magic

Who threw the time traveling, Predator killer Ripley pearl?  ;D

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2019, 11:40:40 PM
Who threw the time traveling, Predator killer Ripley pearl?  ;D

I'm pretty sure they hired this kid to write that movie.

SM

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 03, 2019, 11:00:45 PM
You really think the character of Amanda Ripley is popular? Even among the fanbase I see mostly indifference towards her. I don't think I ever saw an Amanda fanboy. People care more about a game like Isolation than whatever happened to her afterwards.

Are those comics selling that well? How about Blackout? You got to have something more than Isolation's positive reception to say that.

No, I don't.

The Old One

The Old One

I know a Amanda Ripley fanatic,
one on Tumblr, but only the one.
Ripley's got nothing to do with Isolation's popularity.
Amanda Ripley or otherwise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed