"Warrior" facehuggers?

Started by Ballzanya, Nov 28, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

How do you feel about the idea of "Warrior" facehuggers?

Doesn't make sense.
30 (48.4%)
Not the best idea, but its ok I guess.
15 (24.2%)
I love the idea.
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
"Warrior" facehuggers? (Read 4,924 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: gases on Nov 29, 2007, 05:42:55 AM
"its just too bad said facehuggers will look like shit"
have u seen them yet? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

I think you guys might be making a little more out of Greg using the word "warrior" than you should. I don't think he was implying that these are a new kind of facehugger.

Every director changes the look of the aliens. The facehuggers have NOT always been the same.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Actually, they are the only thing that have remained unchanged since the original.

Weasel

Weasel

True, even the eggs got f**ked up.

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 29, 2007, 06:18:57 AM
Actually, they are the only thing that have remained unchanged since the original.

Compare the facehugger Ash picks apart to the one that Bishop checks out. The little parts that Bishop plays with are a lot different than the ones Ash takes a look at. A very minor difference that probably only happened because Cameron didn't care to sit down for 45 minutes to put the exact shellfish parts in the same places Ridley did, but the way you guys are if that happened now you would immediately complain about how hard Cameron sucks.

Xhan

Xhan

I've been saying he sucks a lot longer than since yesterday.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I mean in the design of the creature as a whole. Yes, the underside is different in Alien, but the exterior and look of the facehugger has been the same for 30 years, until now of course.

Weasel

Weasel

Aside from slightly darkening they only colored a little part of it. I find it annoying, but it won't bug me as long as it isn't too terribly obvious (i never noticed it on the AVP1 huggers)

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: KidPresentable on Nov 28, 2007, 08:56:31 PM
All of you cry-babies also realize he didn't even say this "warrior" facehugger idea was set in stone. It's just something they left up for the fans to decide.

Quote from: Greg StrauseIt was a little bit of both. The main difference with these facehuggers is that they have a darker skin complexion. Couple reasons for that. One was we wanted to kind of motivate that these facehuggers are slightly different, maybe more of a 'warrior' facehugger species. That would help kind of motivate why they give birth to these ridged warrior Aliens. There was a point where we were over at ADI and they had a Queen facehugger. And it just looked so cool and we had thought about incorporating aspects of it. Instead what we ended up doing was just change the paint scheme, darkening it. Which was also, we felt, would look better in our forest environment, in the sewer environment – to give a grittier feel to the facehugger.

Again, the grit, we felt was important, just because of all the environments we were in. There's a big facehugger attack in the sewers and whatnot. It was just important that these things just don't look bright and pale and antiseptically clean when they're in such kind of dirty, grimy environments.

READ

::)

The man has a point...

Sounds like they wanted to it have a "warrior look" to it and not be a "warrior caste".

On that same note , i friggin love the idea of color changing huggers. Don't go nuts with it, but a hugger that could go from light to dark would be terrifying. I don't know that any of the movies would contradict such an idea, and it would add a whole new element to the danger they pose.

Weasel

Weasel

If they did that facehuggers would be black to match the hive structure.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 07:57:27 PM
The new reproductive method, the predalien molting into a queen...etc.
im not getting this whole thing about why people pissed off about the whole reproductive method
aliens like insects...the brothers folllowed what most insects do...they arent just born twice the size of the rest....with a massive egg sack
they have to take time to grow...and then find a save place to sit for a couple of days to grow the dam egg say
and even if the predalien did just appear in the movie with the egg sack people would be moaning that it didnt do anything in the movie but die
ffs people its a dam movie...watch it...enjoy and accepted
the bros did a hell of a better job than the 1st AvP

as for the warrior facehuggers...ya it stupied...the aliens when fully grown should ever morp to a warrior or drone..and ya can tell what they are by the head...eg alien...(1st movie) is a dron...aliens...all warriors...alien3 drone
and they morp to what they are due to what they do

Master

Master

Quote from: MartyPredator on Nov 29, 2007, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 07:57:27 PM
The new reproductive method, the predalien molting into a queen...etc.
im not getting this whole thing about why people pissed off about the whole reproductive method
aliens like insects...the brothers folllowed what most insects do...they arent just born twice the size of the rest....with a massive egg sack
they have to take time to grow...and then find a save place to sit for a couple of days to grow the dam egg say
and even if the predalien did just appear in the movie with the egg sack people would be moaning that it didnt do anything in the movie but die
ffs people its a dam movie...watch it...enjoy and accepted
the bros did a hell of a better job than the 1st AvP

as for the warrior facehuggers...ya it stupied...the aliens when fully grown should ever morp to a warrior or drone..and ya can tell what they are by the head...eg alien...(1st movie) is a dron...aliens...all warriors...alien3 drone
and they morp to what they are due to what they do

How da fu<k you can told that?
( 800 weeeeeee ;D)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed