"Warrior" facehuggers?

Started by Ballzanya, Nov 28, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

How do you feel about the idea of "Warrior" facehuggers?

Doesn't make sense.
30 (48.4%)
Not the best idea, but its ok I guess.
15 (24.2%)
I love the idea.
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
"Warrior" facehuggers? (Read 4,922 times)

SiL

SiL

I'm sticking with me chameleon effect theory.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2007, 08:23:57 PM
I'm sticking with me chameleon effect theory.

Good, but it doesn't explain how the huggers looked in AVP (the one that got Scar).

SiL

SiL

It doesn't happen instantaneously. AvP happened in a very short time frame.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I still don't buy it.  Chameleon huggers?  That would mean they could change any colours.  We should have seen other colours as well.

SiL

SiL

It means they would become a colour that would better suit their environment, just like the adults do. The first Alien was silver, the second lot were a metallic blue, the third was copper, the AR were shits, the AvP were black. There's a precedence.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't go either way on this. The camouflage explanation for the Aliens themselves works just fine. My only issue with it is that the 'warrior' facehuggers don't really coexist with Aliens. I can buy Predators tampering with Alien DNA, but the facehuggers in Cameron's film had no such tampering done. Again, if this wasn't a canon film I wouldn't mind...

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Unless something in the film proves otherwise, I'm just gonna accept it as design preference and nothing more.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

So....people complain that they want to know why the heads look different in Alien and Aliens...then they get a possible explanation and they complain more...

Good. I don't like the idea, myself, because I've always said it was Cameron's design choice, not an "in-universe" reason...but many people in this lovely fandom seem to believe it is or want it to be. Then they're given an explanation and they flip a shit. Good. I'm glad. You know what. I'm glad you hate it. I don't care.

SiL

SiL

We really should just stop trying to see the AvP films as canon. Right now it's about as bad as the comics.

Quote from: KidPresentable on Nov 28, 2007, 08:35:34 PM
then they get a possible explanation and they complain more...
Because the explanation makes no sense.

Dusk

Dusk

And another unecessary change.... When will it stop?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I was fine with the theory that Aliens shed their cowls as they age, but no...

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2007, 08:36:20 PM
We really should just stop trying to see the AvP films as canon. Right now it's about as bad as the comics.

I've always been a proponent of the idea that just because something appears on a film medium doesn't automatically stamp it into some imaginary rules book. If something directly ignores or contradicts previously established continuity, all the retconning in the world won't canonize it imo.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I'm beginning to think that the whole avp franchise is a total mistake and should have been flushed down the toilet into a hepatitis infested sewer long ago. It seems there are just too many things that if they aren't done 100% right, they really end up not making sense or looking like shit.

The first film lowered the bar in terms of expectations of avp-r. Everyone got all caught up in the whole R-rating thing and that it will be at least way better than that film, that they put on blinders and put their hands over their ears, for any criticism.

The directors placed the "coolness" factor above logic, common sense or canon/continuity with what has been established. The interviews basically confirm that and it has me worried. I really don't want an avp 3 at this point.
And if the box office success of this film doesn't pave the way for an Alien 5 or Predator 3, then its just money for fox and the directors.

Is it so much to ask, that directors don't f**k with stuff and stay true to what the ideal alien, predator or aliens vs. predator film should be like? Apparently it seems it is.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2007, 08:36:20 PM

I´m going to see them as canon the day that we get a movie with aliens versus predators, and nothing more, no playing with the reproductive cycle, don´t showing any homeworld, etc, etc...

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 08:45:44 PM
I'm beginning to think that the whole avp franchise is a total mistake and should have been flushed down the toilet into a hepatitis infested sewer long ago. It seems there are just too many things that if they aren't done 100% right, they really end up not making sense or looking like shit.

The first film lowered the bar in terms of expectations of avp-r. Everyone got all caught up in the whole R-rating thing and that it will be at least way better than that film, that they put on blinders and put their hands over their ears, for any criticism.

The directors placed the "coolness" factor above logic, common sense or canon/continuity with what has been established. The interviews basically confirm that and it has me worried. I really don't want an avp 3 at this point.
And if the box office success of this film doesn't pave the way for an Alien 5 or Predator 3, then its just money for fox and the directors.

Is it so much to ask, that directors don't f**k with stuff and stay true to what the ideal alien, predator or aliens vs. predator film should be like? Apparently it seems it is.

I TOTALLY agree.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 08:45:44 PM

Apparently it is. Did it ever occur to them that maybe we don't want new Aliens? Having Aliens fight Predators is new enough, there is no need to put your own artistic stamp on the designs and ideas. It should be simple. Keep the Aliens looking like Aliens, keep the Predators looking like Predators, and don't add stuff that contradicts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed