"Something came after us!"

Started by The Shuriken, Nov 11, 2007, 05:30:04 AM

Author
"Something came after us!" (Read 4,824 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

That quote from the trailer, who do you think the people were talking about?

The Aliens, Predator, or Predalien?

I say one Aliens.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Ultrapredator on Nov 11, 2007, 05:30:04 AM
That quote from the trailer, who do you think the people were talking about?

The Aliens, Predator, or Predalien?

I say one Aliens.

the alien in the water from the green band trailer.

Robotpo

Robotpo

An alien which has somehow swum up from the sewers, through the pool drain, into the swimming pool, and into the Gunnison, Colorado High School. Yep, we're in for a ride.  ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 11, 2007, 05:36:55 AM
An alien which has somehow swum up from the sewers, through the pool drain, into the swimming pool, and into the Gunnison, Colorado High School. Yep, we're in for a ride.  ::)

yeah, when you put it that way, it seems really f**king terrible. lol.

That Yellow Alien

Actually, in the greenband trailer, you can see the Alien jump into the water. So I don't think they came up from the drain. :P

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 11, 2007, 05:40:59 AM
Actually, in the greenband trailer, you can see the Alien jump into the water. So I don't think they came up from the drain. :P

true. but the point remains, it seems a little too b-movie-esque. Aliens in your swimming pool, "better get the skimmer!" lol.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 05:44:52 AM

true. but the point remains, it seems a little too b-movie-esque. Aliens in your swimming pool, "better get the skimmer!" lol.

Oh ya, I don't like the pool attack either. When I saw the population trailer, I made this face:  ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 11, 2007, 05:46:59 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 05:44:52 AM

Oh ya, I don't like the pool attack either. When I saw the population trailer, I made this face:  ::)

the school has got to be one of the worst settings in the film, after the sporting goods store. The woods, the sewer, and the power plant, are perfectly fine and present a stark contrast. I don't know why it had to be included in the film.

Things along the lines of strip clubs, sports bars, grocery stores, and so on should not be featured in the film, at least not as scenes where aliens are running loose. lol.
The school is a little too close to those settings.  Predator 2 was in an urban environment and we didn't get any of that bullshit.

That Yellow Alien

What the writers needed to do was focus on the adult characters more. I'd rather follow Sheriff Morales around than Ricky.

If I were the director, I would have told Salerno to get rid of the teens and focus more on Dallas, Kelly, and Morales.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quotethe school has got to be one of the worst settings in the film, after the sporting goods store. The woods, the sewer, and the power plant, are perfectly fine and present a stark contrast. I don't know why it had to be included in the film.

Things along the lines of strip clubs, sports bars, grocery stores, and so on should not be featured in the film, at least not as scenes where aliens are running loose. lol.
The school is a little too close to those settings.  Predator 2 was in an urban environment and we didn't get any of that bullshit.

exactly how I feel. id be much happier if we only saw aliens in the sewers, powerplant and hospital alone- even if that meant less action. I just dont want to see Aliens in overly earthbound places....they just look preposterous otherwise. Seeing them running all over the joint in full view is gonna be hard to take- im thinking the trex scene at the end of lost world.... >:(

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 11, 2007, 05:57:08 AM
What the writers needed to do was focus on the adult characters more. I'd rather follow Sheriff Morales around than Ricky.

If I were the director, I would have told Salerno to get rid of the teens and focus more on Dallas, Kelly, and Morales.

yeah steven pasquale's acting seemed fine, so does Reiko's. Ricky, Dale and possibly jesse may be a different story.

jimmylace

jimmylace

A convict as a lead character is quite a good idea I think and fits with the overall tone of both universes....they shoulda made dallas a hard-ass and lead I think.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I do think the sewer, hospital, and power plant scenes will be good though. All three of those settings can be very creepy, especially the hospital. Thank god the Strauses added those in. Who knows, maybe Fox forced them to keep the teens in in order to draw in a wider audience. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: jimmylace on Nov 11, 2007, 05:58:22 AM
Quotethe school has got to be one of the worst settings in the film, after the sporting goods store. The woods, the sewer, and the power plant, are perfectly fine and present a stark contrast. I don't know why it had to be included in the film.

exactly how I feel. id be much happier if we only saw aliens in the sewers, powerplant and hospital alone- even if that meant less action. I just dont want to see Aliens in overly earthbound places....they just look preposterous otherwise. Seeing them running all over the joint in full view is gonna be hard to take- im thinking the trex scene at the end of lost world.... >:(

the columbia sportswear product placement in the store showdown clip was pretty lame. There were sneakers and clothes racks all around, while the predator and aliens were throwing down. Not exactly that great. Sure its better than a k-mart(which was actually the original setting for that scene, in the AICN reviewed script), but not by enough.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 11, 2007, 06:02:18 AM
I do think the sewer, hospital, and power plant scenes will be good though. All three of those settings can be very creepy, especially the hospital.

One thing about the hospital in this film that i don't understand is why the hive is in the regular hallways of the hospital and not a basement level.
Alien hives are set up in hot places, that are usually in more underground settings. I don't know why it isn't in the sewer or a lower level of the power plant considering that.
But info gathered from comic con, revealed that the regular hallways have been converted into the hive. (And was seen in the trailers anyway.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed