Shaw...Anyone thinking she might be in the second (third) film in this cycle?

Started by Glaive, Jan 02, 2017, 05:50:21 PM

Author
Shaw...Anyone thinking she might be in the second (third) film in this cycle? (Read 541 times)

Glaive

Getting away from David to do something, somewhere in parallel with Covenant?...The two films to come together in the final film?
...Leading into the original 'A L I E N'...?

Probably not, but the thought of protagonists from Prometheus getting their own film in their own right intrigues me...

But then there's Scott, who seems to change his ideas at the drop of a hat...

Please crucify this idea in the comments... :)

DorkiDori

i hope the spoilers are wrong (they seem contradictory in the way they were written)... i really liked Shaws character and was hoping to see her grow and evolve into a heroine that paralleled dear ol Ripley!

motherfather

motherfather

^ I think the cosmic sun has set on Noomi and Shaw plotlines.

So many movies and tv series rely on a lead actor/ensemble that carry things forward through the lifetime of the movies/tv seasons.

Ripley and Sigourney were both good in their own rights. Shaw and Noomi are a much weaker combination, and I'm not that invested in either of them.

If any of the current actors/characters is going to "carry" the next few films, it will be Fassbender/David who is also no spring chicken at this point. It won't be Rapace/Shaw.

Covenant needs to NOT kill off (almost) every human character by the end of the film to have a large enough pool of characters that "might" play a significant role in Alien 5. Otherwise, its going to be either "the David show" for the next few movies, or so much time is going to be wasted setting up and quickly discarding disposable alien franchise characters that we all lose interest. Therein lies the problem though. All actors age and eventually the movie offers dry up.

You need a human character to "to root for" over several sequels. Unless Walter proves interesting, I don't think anyone is going to root for an Android, or Shaw for that matter.

OpenMaw

Quote from: motherfather on Jan 02, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
If any of the current actors/characters is going to "carry" the next few films, it will be Fassbender/David who is also no spring chicken at this point. It won't be Rapace/Shaw.

Whoa. What's wrong with Fassbender now? Dude's still going strong as ever.

BishopShouldGo

I have a feeling this will be the Fassbender/Waterston trilogy if not just the Fassbender trilogy.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 02, 2017, 07:00:26 PM
I have a feeling this will be the Fassbender/Waterston trilogy if not just the Fassbender trilogy.
This isn't going against your comment, but you brought up something that I feel needs to be addressed. I have no clue how in the hell they are going to squeeze 2 more movies out of this. In the initial announcement for Covenant they said that Covenant was part of a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus. Fox's marketing has distanced themselves from this and now you see a lot of statements from Scott saying that they plan to do a brand new trilogy of films. Just how in the hell could they possibly stretch this story any more? A prequel of films starting with Prometheus, continuing with Covenant, then one more and then Alien would be logical. It seems that a few things are going on here. First, they are wanting to maximize their return by making as many sequels as possible. Two, the mystique of the creature is going to be stripped down even more than it already has if they continue to pursue a "it takes several iterations for the Alien that appeared in Alien to be created" narrative—I much prefer the Alien to be a mystery and not something that can be, excuse the pun, merely engineered.

I, for one, don't think that Ripley should be the end-all of the narrative involving the Alien. There are a lot of comments on here, and elsewhere, that want to see a continuation of Shaw's story. I haven't read any of the spoilers, and I don't intend to, but I would like the story to focus on her and not abandon it entirely. Noomi Rapace brings something unique, just like Sigourney did, to her character and a certain charm that could carry more films. At least I hope this is the case.

whiterabbit

You know what is going to be really irritating, that this movie is the start of the actual trilogy. It really does look like Prometheus take 2. Except since Scott is using material from all parts of the franchise he decided to also keep the best parts of Prometheus too. What's the problem you ask? No payoff in this movie either. A bunch of dudes are going to find some seriously sick shit and die... in glorious R-RATED style. D-End.

lv_226

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 02, 2017, 08:30:30 PM
You know what is going to be really irritating, that this movie is the start of the actual trilogy. It really does look like Prometheus take 2. Except since Scott is using material from all parts of the franchise he decided to also keep the best parts of Prometheus too. What's the problem you ask? No payoff in this movie either. A bunch of dudes are going to find some seriously sick shit and die... in glorious R-RATED style. D-End.
I hope you're wrong, I really do.

If there is one, minor complaint, that I have with Prometheus it was that it was setting up the next film. If there is no payoff in this film, then... what exactly is the point?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed