All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,851,188 times)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I thought Disney was considering the idea of deleting the sequel trilogy, as if none of it ever happened.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Pipe dream.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 15, 2020, 12:06:54 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 14, 2020, 11:58:10 PM
The Mandalorian's got near universal acclaim, I can only hope the people in charge of it know not to jeopardize that by connecting it to the Sequel Trilogy, perhaps it's not inevitable.

They're not just going to pretend that the sequel trilogy didn't happen.  As Filoni did with TCW for the prequels, they're going to use The Mandalorian to strengthen the sequels.  He and Favreau have practically confirmed it in interviews.

I think for me, the difference that I see between shows like The Clone Wars/Rebels and a show like The Mandalorian is that the former two were intrinsically tied to their era - the leads in TCW are the leads and ancillary characters of the Prequels, plus a couple new characters in Ahsoka and Rex that have direct connections to Anakin - and the show is billed as being about the wartime adventures of them and the characters around them. Rebels  is about the formation of the Rebel Alliance from the perspective of an unlikely crew who happen to be more important than we realize.

The Mandalorian doesn't really seem to fit either of those structures, and into its second season it has been significantly smaller in scale than TCW and Rebels. Even when legacy characters appear in The Mandalorian, it always seems to be in service of Din and the Child's arc, and less so about the ripple effect that gets us from this point to the state the galaxy is in 25 years down the line. I guess that could change - we know now that Din isn't on bad terms with the New Republic anymore, and maybe we could see him factor in when the New Republic eventually has to splinter itself off into a Resistance, but I guess I just don't see The Mandalorian as being the show that's really going to explore any of that material.

I'm sure that all of that kind of material in relation to the Sequel Trilogy will be coming, be it in live action or animation, since there are a TON of gaps between RotJ and TFA to fill in, but it seems to me that it will be in a series that has more at stake on a galactic level, rather than in this particular episodic space western.

It is only as I finish typing this that I remember that Star Wars: Resistance is a show that exists and is set in the ST era. To date, that is the only "canon" Star Wars series I have not seen a single episode of. :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm finally slogging my way through Resistance.  It's not terrible, just a bit pointless.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2020, 02:18:18 AM
I'm finally slogging my way through Resistance.  It's not terrible, just a bit pointless.

From what I've seen from the trailers, I absolutely love the look of the animation but... nothing else really stood out and grabbed me. Some day I'll probably give it a go, but right know with the Bad Batch series on the horizon, I'm pretty content.

Highland

Highland

Another reason the Mando is big is that it's not about the Jedi, who let's face it, are boring as bat shit at this point. Mando feels like a late 90s early 2000s sci fi show and it's great.

I agree with the timeline comments , it's nice to not have to think about how yet another piece of SW material fits into an already complicated timeline.

Nightmare Asylum

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
https://youtu.be/ZiwA0ebw11k

Lots of interesting things in this interview, especially the interviewer asking Katee Sackhoff about Gideon obtaining the Darksaber (which was last scene with Bo-Katan in Rebels). Katee's response: "There is a story there and we will find out."
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

Spoiler

Found this promo art online.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoilers for today's episode.

Spoiler
So we know a bit more about the Child... the Empire wants his blood and they're growing, I guess potential dark side users with it?

And at the end in Gideon's ship, were those Beskar-armored Troopers? And are the Troopers and the Child's blood projects the same thing? Gideon is gonna track Din right to Ahsoka... I forsee a Gideon/Ahsoka lightsaber duel in the near future.
[close]

EJA

EJA

Can someone please clarify for me, when Marvel Comics got the SW license a couple of years back, did Marvel do SW variant covers for a number of their own books, i.e. Marvel Universe characters interacting with SW characters?

Ingwar

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 18, 2020, 11:30:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm1l10RV8Wc

"I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me what I should and shouldn't be offended.....blah, blah, blah."

Ahh, youtube bloggers love to quote "everyone." Maybe a couple dozen people, out of what, nearly 8 billion, write an article about lil' yoda's egg eating, and to these drama princess youtube bloggers, they paint the picture that it's "everyone" or "all fans are shocked" or  "so much rage it's breaking the internet". Reality: maybe a couple dozen in most cases. I guess they feel the need to pump up the numbers to make their point relevant.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I decided to explore some more articles on the topic. Initially I had read only a couple articles last week. I really didn't give it much consideration. After checking a few more, what I saw is the general theme of "I'm surprised" or "what's up with that" or offering up theories why. I saw no author claiming "you should be offended."

Now, there's a couple possibilities the way I see it.

One, perhaps this youtube blogger has access to dozens/hundreds(?) of articles that I don't, that are indeed demanding the he should be offended. Or at least so many articles preaching the reader should be offended that it provoked the youtube blogger to claim, "I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me........"

Or, two, the youtube blogger is being a little drama princess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed