Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 627,960 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Topazora on Jan 17, 2016, 06:46:40 AM
had to get out of the barracks, evening though I was playing Halo all day.  So I finally around to going to the base pub, and starting reading Vostok by Steve Alton while having a few drinks.  It was really nice, I should do it more often.  Just sitting there, reading and having a white russian.
Are you allowed Consoles in your rooms?Dont know much about UK military but I want to know about the US miltary.(good your on this forum ;D)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 19, 2016, 05:24:05 PM
had to get out of the barracks, evening though I was playing Halo all day.  So I finally around to going to the base pub, and starting reading Vostok by Steve Alton while having a few drinks.  It was really nice, I should do it more often.  Just sitting there, reading and having a white russian.
Are you allowed Consoles in your rooms?Dont know much about UK military but I want to know about the US miltary.(good your on this forum ;D)
I know in the Canadian Forces my buddy has an xbox hooked up in his barracks

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 19, 2016, 06:25:58 PM
I know in the Canadian Forces my buddy has an xbox hooked up in his barracks
So is it shared or do Canadians have their own room.In the UK there are two phases for a soldier i think the last phase you get your own room.

Topazora

Topazora

oh yeah, so long as we put it away while we're not there.  We have 5 hrs a day and the weekends that we have to ourselves.  I have an X-box 360.  But I just needed to get out of the barracks.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Topazora on Jan 20, 2016, 05:55:09 PM

oh yeah, so long as we put it away while we're not there.  We have 5 hrs a day and the weekends that we have to ourselves.  I have an X-box 360.  But I just needed to get out of the barracks.
So  do you have your own room or do you share it.In the UK the army has three stage,in the last stage you get your own room.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 20, 2016, 06:00:12 PM

So  do you have your own room or do you share it.In the UK the army has three stage,in the last stage you get your own room.

shared room, but she's leaving in 2 weeks, so I should be able to have it to myself for a little while.  Hopefully, I'll get a live ashore room mate.  In the U.S. the phases differ depending on the command.  Here at the Glorious Great Mistake Great Lakes, we have 3 phases.  Phase 3 just means you can drink, go off base with only one liberty buddy and stay off base overnight- no questions asked, and we can wear civilian clothes, phase 2 is the same, only to stay off base overnight, we need a chit.  Phase 1, we can't wear civilian clothes, we need 2 liberty buddies to go off base and we can't drink.  But then, we're also right next bootcamp.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Topazora on Jan 20, 2016, 06:19:43 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 20, 2016, 06:00:12 PM
OK our system is a bit different.Also are you allowed consoles out in operations (eg if you were in camp bastion Afghanistan)

shared room, but she's leaving in 2 weeks, so I should be able to have it to myself for a little while.  Hopefully, I'll get a live ashore room mate.  In the U.S. the phases differ depending on the command.  Here at the Glorious Great Mistake Great Lakes, we have 3 phases.  Phase 3 just means you can drink, go off base with only one liberty buddy and stay off base overnight- no questions asked, and we can wear civilian clothes, phase 2 is the same, only to stay off base overnight, we need a chit.  Phase 1, we can't wear civilian clothes, we need 2 liberty buddies to go off base and we can't drink.  But then, we're also right next bootcamp.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 28, 2016, 05:09:16 AM
New podcast episode. 8)

I'm about an hour in and I'm enjoying it! I can only vaguely remember reading about these back in the day so I'm loving this one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2016, 08:40:55 PM
New podcast episode. 8)

I'm about an hour in and I'm enjoying it! I can only vaguely remember reading about these back in the day so I'm loving this one.

Cool, cool. Just wait until we get to the fourth script and I basically lose my shit over how bad it is.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 03, 2016, 02:30:37 AM
New podcast episode. 8)

Cool, cool. Just wait until we get to the fourth script and I basically lose my shit over how bad it is.

Just about to take a couple of hours break from writing, I will be giving this a listen

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 03, 2016, 02:39:05 AM
New podcast episode. 8)

Just about to take a couple of hours break from writing, I will be giving this a listen

;D Very nice.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New podcast episode. 8)

You're just on the Braga and Moore one atm and as soon as you said their names I was like "really?! They did one?!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2016, 08:29:04 AM
New podcast episode. 8)

You're just on the Braga and Moore one atm and as soon as you said their names I was like "really?! They did one?!"

I know, that is just about the weirdest thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just finished on the way to work this morning. That last one sounded like utter tripe.

I do have to wonder though - have you had any unproduced scripts you've enjoyed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed