Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers)

Started by JaaayDee, Jul 23, 2011, 08:53:11 AM

Author
Prometheus rumor thread (potential spoilers) (Read 132,452 times)

CainsSon

A thousand things could be wrong here but like someone else said 'Other leaked BS, that we've all considered HAS turned out to be true."

So for instance, maybe this cat snatched up one of the earlier drafts because this description definitely sounds like a straight up prequel. Didnt Lindelof say they first wrote a Prequel and then Ridley systematically worked it over with him to change it from that.

So maybe this guy got his hands on an early draft and thinks he knows something that has him convinced. Who the f**k knows.

Its equally as pretentious for you or I to say that we KNOW he is lying because we just dont know that for sure.

There is obviously deliberate disinformation afoot.

Signore Predatore

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 24, 2011, 02:23:45 AM
A thousand things could be wrong here but like someone else said 'Other leaked BS, that we've all considered HAS turned out to be true."

So for instance, maybe this cat snatched up one of the earlier drafts because this description definitely sounds like a straight up prequel. Didnt Lindelof say they first wrote a Prequel and then Ridley systematically worked it over with him to change it from that.

So maybe this guy got his hands on an early draft and thinks he knows something that has him convinced. Who the f**k knows.

Its equally as pretentious for you or I to say that we KNOW he is lying because we just dont know that for sure.

There is obviously deliberate disinformation afoot.
At least someone once in a while leaks a movie that's going to come out and it's one of the most anticipated so of course some spoiler ( :P) is going to leak something about it. I don't believe the plot of the movie. The movie is going to come out in a year that's to fast to write a movie script if IMBD is true.

MrSpaceJockey

Considering that they started filming, I am pretty sure the script is complete.

After ikarop's link, I'm sure this is fake.

Space Voyager

Quote from: SiL on Jul 23, 2011, 08:57:29 AM
Even if it were true, just it being on IMDb has caused history to rewrite itself to make it false.
;D Nice one!

ThisBethesdaSea

Peopl write screenplays in a week or two some times.

nendo

Ridley is on the last set of shots for the movie. Of course they have the script ready. that was completed months ago. Film is about to rap up from my understanding. So unless they've been making it up as they go along i would say it is safe to say the scripts complete.

JaaayDee

Spoiler
QuoteDavid is a bio engineered android. He has human DNA. When Weyland Yutani discover that the alien stem cells (if you will) can regenerate him, these androids can then be perfect soldiers.

There's a scene later in the movie where during a showdown Vickers morbidly injures David and leaves him for dead. He cuts open an egg to heal himself and comes back to kill Vickers in the last moments of the climax.

Just to clear something up. Prometheus is very much so an Alien prequel. It will have the egg, the facehugger, a new chestbuster, and a new xenomorph.

The beginning of Prometheus takes place in Iceland (although never mentioned by name) where an expedition finds an alien relic. What Ridley Scott means by the beginning of time is that this is where the Space Jockeys began terraforming Earth. The Space Jockeys left data and maps for their star system (I.E. Voyager 1 spacecraft).

Noomi Rapace plays a scientists who leads this expedition. After Weyland Yutani takes great interest in her discovery, she is invited as a consultant on Prometheus to discover a new world.

Along the way, they encounter a signal from an intelligent alien starship. Just like in the original Alien, Weyland Yutani orders Vickers to intercept and explore.

After tailgating the Space Jockey's starship, the humans decide to board it by using jet packs to reach their ship. They find a way in and discover the Space Jockeys in deep hypersleep. Noomi Rapace finds writing with the same hieroglyphs as the relic back on Earth and they put the two together.

Vickers receives an order from Wayland Yutani to steal their cargo, one of the alien eggs. The mission goes wrong and alien facehuggers escape. One attaching itself to a Space Jockey in hypersleep. The ship is awoken and all hell breaks lose.

The Space Jockey's ship crash lands on LV-426, stranding both crews. They are left without any help, or resources.

The alien bursts out of the Space Jockey and begins to terrorize both the humans and the Space Jockeys.

It's a race against time as they are all killed one by one. Now the Gods and their creations must stand together for the ultimate survival.

The only way out is a drop ship from Prometheus.

The final battle is fought on who will make it out alive to reach the dropship. All along while Vickers is still on her mission trying to take back an egg, even at the expense of her own crew.

The movie and expedition all take place far into the future. The year is never given.

I'm not going to say how I know about Prometheus because I don't need that kind of trouble. Just enjoy it until FOX takes this down :)

David dies trying to save Noomi Rapace by sacrificing his life and that of Vickers at the final moment.

The ship will be much cleaner and modern looking. It will also be more of a traditional design, like the Discovery from 2001/2010 and the ship from Avatar. Long with the main control center at the front, two rotating rings in the center and long plasma style engines in the rear.

Kuato Lives: Tell us the names of Ben Foster, Kate Dickie, Guy Pearce, Logan Marhsall Green, Rafe Spall, Sean Harris and Bendidict Wong's characters.

They are not very important characters, a pilot, medical officer, biological brain that controls Prometheus, Weyland-Yutani corporates, etc.

First, a lot of the supporting characters are not even referenced by a name at all. Second, I don't have access to the entire completed movie. It's not even done shooting yet, nor has it even begun being edited together. Most of these names will change 10 times before they'll appear in the final credits. The scripts are heavily guarded and watermarked. All crew members have signed NDAs. There are only a few of these scripts and believe me, no one is going to pass them around. I just have quite a lot of access to Prometheus and that's all I'm going to say.

You can forget about seeing a teaser trailer before November. And more than likely it will be sometime in December.
[close]

maddriver

It sounds okay, but I'm still shocked it sounds very similar to this one
Spoiler
I mean, wow...

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well,  if it is anything like what you're sharing as a leaked out story, I'll be cringing all the way to the cinema.

Lindelof's interviews about Prometheus seem to make me want to cringe so maybe it could all be real as this.

I know there's a much better story if this is near enough to the film story, but I'm not a scriptwriter and it doesn't look as if I'm likely to meet Ridley Scott.

I probably hope that half the story is lost in the final edit and maybe we have to piece a lot of it together with our own imagination and come up with something that was never originally intended.

Bad Replicant

The description clashes with everything Lindelof's been saying about the familiar forms of the alien not appearing in the movie. On top of that, this dude can't even name/describe any characters that weren't revealed months ago, "They're not that important to the story", etc. Give me a break.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, one thing for sure, it's not supposed to end where Alien begins and Jaydee's leak seems to end where Alien begins, that's a bit of a giveaway.

I think though that if the derelict crash happened within a thousand years of before the beginning of Alien, a lot of fans of the original Alien movie may well be disappointed

maddriver

maddriver

I for one do not like this 'origins' story where we see the beginning of time and all that stuff. I honestly don't really care about that. Alien had a straight forward storyline, with no 'flashback' sequences, which are pointless in the context of an Alien movie..
The 'ancient' factor to it is just too cliche.

Every time someone doesn't know how to tell the story behind 'something', he immediately uses the 'it's ancient' bulls**t.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, does the Prometheus story require humans and space jockeys actually meeting?

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jul 24, 2011, 09:58:40 PM
Well, does the Prometheus story require humans and space jockeys actually meeting?

To some degree. It has to explain how the Company knew about the derelict spacecraft in the first place, their reaction being adding Ash to Nostromo's crew a few days before it's departure from (I forgot the planet's name) mining site. Order 937 (I think) was only for Ash's eyes.
That was one of the reasons which led to the idea of making a prequel. That and slightly exploring the story of the derelict spacecraft and the dead SJ. But even so, I don't believe anyone asked for the 'it's ancient' excuse of a backstory.
It just sounds like AvP all over again.

However, face-to-face contact between the SJ and the humans is not necessary to explain all the above.
But we all know it's gonna happen anyway...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed