Egg Morphing or Queen?

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 31, 2009, 01:19:55 PM

Which would you rather see in this movie?

Egg Morphing
79 (23.4%)
Queen
96 (28.4%)
Both
103 (30.5%)
Anything except the Predalien's reproduction method
60 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 323

Author
Egg Morphing or Queen? (Read 90,367 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Voted "both", I think it'd be a cool nod to both the original 'Alien' and the other films in the series if it had both in some capacity. I think only having egg-morphing would be a bit jarring from a continuity perspective. I really don't know what Ridley Scott's opinion is on the other Alien movies, I can't recall any quotes from him about any of them other than 'AvP'.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

I always thought egg morphing was a stupid idea. Glad it got left out.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

egg morphing, whatever makes the aliens seem less like bugs.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I don't think they should use egg morphing. It would screw a lot of things up.

SiL

SiL

No it wouldn't.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Aug 01, 2009, 01:03:16 AM

What about Chet's RP method? Didn't that screw things up?

I don't think egg morphing would be a problem since it was the original RP method to begin with.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWhat about Chet's RP method? Didn't that screw things up?
I don't think so, no, but i can understand why people don't like it.
I don't think egg morphing would screw anything up, it only shows that the Alien is prepared for several scenarios.

"Shit, no queen here, now i switch to plan B!"

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 01, 2009, 01:51:04 AM

I don't think egg morphing would screw anything up, it only shows that the Alien is prepared for several scenarios.

"Shit, no queen here, now i switch to plan B!"
Thats true.... play up the whole "perfect organism" thing.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, I don't think it would really "screw things up" if it were used properly. If they showed a whole horde of Aliens running around egg-morphing people, with no Queen in sight, it'd probably be a little jarring for audiences who are used to seeing a Queen laying eggs. You have to remember, your basic member of the public hasn't seen the egg-morphing scene unless they caught it in theatres for the 'Alien' director's cut theatrical release. Even people with only passing knowledge of the Alien films, even if they haven't seen them, know about Alien Queens though. My mother has never seen an Alien movie and she knows Alien eggs come from Queen Aliens.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Übermensch on Jul 31, 2009, 01:28:51 PM
I want to see egg morphing. 

The Queen is overkill - we've seen too much of it.

That is a good point. As much as I love the Queen and its my favorite creature from the franchise, no movie had done her justice except for Aliens. She was great for the sequel - at the time your jaw just dropped once you saw this huge terror revealed for the first time. But outside of that one movie, it would be an overused idea. and it was. While Alien 3 was genius in just keeping the mytique by just mentioning her and seeing her embryo, A:R presented her as cringing puppy painted in shit-brown and in AVP she was a dinosaur with horns. Lets go back to the Alien 3 approach (and Alien's too you could say). you she exists but you dont see her.

As far as egg morphing - that was brilliant and creepy in the first movie, I dont want it to get overdone either. what you have to have in mind is that Scott wont be able to make a classic the way they were done before. Today NO studio will allow for long buildup and for hiding the main attractions in the shadows, so the egg morphing wouldnt be the same without those elements I think

Gates

Gates

Morph all the f**king way...

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Aug 01, 2009, 03:33:00 AM
Quote from: Übermensch on Jul 31, 2009, 01:28:51 PM
I want to see egg morphing. 

The Queen is overkill - we've seen too much of it.

That is a good point. As much as I love the Queen and its my favorite creature from the franchise, no movie had done her justice except for Aliens. She was great for the sequel - at the time your jaw just dropped once you saw this huge terror revealed for the first time. But outside of that one movie, it would be an overused idea. and it was. While Alien 3 was genius in just keeping the mytique by just mentioning her and seeing her embryo, A:R presented her as cringing puppy painted in shit-brown and in AVP she was a dinosaur with horns. Lets go back to the Alien 3 approach (and Alien's too you could say). you she exists but you dont see her.

I actually thought the Queen fight in AVP was quite a thrilling and visually spectacular sequence.  If you want to nitpick about her acting like a dinosaur - fine, but the scene was technically brilliant and compare it to the final fight scene in AVPR, for example.

The A:R 'Queen birth' scene I also liked - just the way it was shot, it was very surreal and the visuals were also top-notch in that one.

But what more can you do with the Queen, honestly?  She has been the end monster fight in two movies already.

As for egg-morphing, there is still alot of potential in that idea of seeing humans being turned into eggs.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Right, so maybe in the hive we see her laying eggs and the drones protecting her, but later in the movie a couple of lone drones start using egg morphing.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I like the idea of egg morphing if its established that in the absence of a queen, a drone can use this method as plan B.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Egg Morphing. I think it's much more horrifying, and I expect a good scare from this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed