Would it have been better if Newt lived past Alien 3?

Started by predxeno, Jun 02, 2010, 03:46:09 AM

Author
Would it have been better if Newt lived past Alien 3? (Read 33,770 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2010, 11:57:15 PM
QuoteSo? Alien 3 didn't have to start 2 weeks after Aliens.

Except it did.
At the end of production. There was a constant script-change during it. They could've just justified this by starting the film some years after.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 24, 2010, 11:57:15 PM
QuoteSo? Alien 3 didn't have to start 2 weeks after Aliens.

Except it did.
Didn't have to.

SM

Seeing as Newt is either mostly or entirely missing from every single Alien3 script, I'm guessing it kinda did have to according to the people making it.

QuoteAt the end of production.

At the start of PRE-production.

BANE

The making-of documentaries agree with SM.

SM

Reality agrees with SM.

Ripley coulda dissolved into dust at the start of Aliens too - but she didn't.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2010, 11:58:42 PM
Seeing as Newt is either mostly or entirely missing from every single Alien3 script, I'm guessing it kinda did have to according to the people making it.
I'm not arguing for her inclusion. I'm saying Alien 3 didn't have to start weeks after Aliens. Net did not have to die to justify Carrie Henn not playing the role. Either don't include the character, or come up with a better excuse for off'ing her.

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2010, 12:34:23 AM
Ripley coulda dissolved into dust at the start of Aliens too - but she didn't.
Funnily enough, that was a joke sequel Weaver used to throw around the dinner table with Giler & Hill.

SM

It was also an idea Cameron had if Weaver decided against returning.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2010, 02:13:40 AM
It was also an idea Cameron had if Weaver decided against returning.
Really? I've never heard it, the only non-Weaver-in-Aliens stuff I've heard is that Cameron adamantly wouldn't do it without her, and when Sigourney was taking her time deciding if she'd be in the film, he let on that he was writing a Ripley-less script - she signed on the next day.
Where'd you hear that story?

SM

Aliens - The Official Movie Magazine.  Was never actually planned, it was just an option Cameron had.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 26, 2010, 02:28:32 AM
Aliens - The Official Movie Magazine.  Was never actually planned, it was just an option Cameron had.
Thanks very much, I'll check it out.

Slithar

The real question is : should have Hicks survived ? Because Michael Biehn wanted to play in the movie, and he could have if Fox hadn't decided it would have been funnier to kill him.

About Newt, the actress got very bad looking, and treated as an adult she surely would have been pointless. I mean, Ripley is here, what is Newt supposed to do ? Screaming again ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

After having watched A3AC some days ago, I say yes. It would have been interesting to see how things would have progressed with her around, actual film script (the one which arrived to be filmed) or the other ones.

SpreadEagleBeagle

A dead newt is a good newt, same goes for the hicks out there.

Valaquen

Excellent argument.

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 24, 2010, 10:49:13 AM
I disagree. I don't like seeing the corpses of children, especially when they're lying dead and frozen in terror, or being hacked open. If I wanted to see that I'd move to Glasgow.

Is that a pun of how Aliens Wars was at Glasgow recently or was that a coincidence?

Quote from: Slithar on Aug 29, 2010, 06:28:05 PM
About Newt, the actress got very bad looking, and treated as an adult she surely would have been pointless. I mean, Ripley is here, what is Newt supposed to do ? Screaming again ?

They could have changed actresses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed