FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 147,761 times)

nendo

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 21, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
I wonder if whats happening to the people isn't from the jockies experimentation but from the android that pulls the container apart (cant remember his name). He'd trying to figure out how it works and infects certain crew memebers

Or maybe, in the tradition in alien movies, the android (portraied by Fassbender) is making it on purpose, because it is his order given by Weyland - Yutani corporation..

that was kind of my point

Kimarhi

I have a gut feeling that Fassbender is more Bishop than Ash.  Don't ask me why.

psychonaut25

Quote from: nendo on Dec 21, 2011, 10:30:12 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:29:17 PM
I wonder if whats happening to the people isn't from the jockies experimentation but from the android that pulls the container apart (cant remember his name). He'd trying to figure out how it works and infects certain crew memebers

Or maybe, in the tradition in alien movies, the android (portraied by Fassbender) is making it on purpose, because it is his order given by Weyland - Yutani corporation..

that was kind of my point

It is very possible. And there is another question about personality of the android. If Ash was older and more labile model,nervous, as Bishop said in Aliens, how will be this one.... ???

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:29:09 PMWell let me reassure you buddies.
The Derelict is not the ship you see in PROMETHEUS.
You will neither see THE eggs nor THE xeno.

I don't think we'll see the Xeno, but how do you know it's not the same ship? Ridley even said it takes place in the same star system as Alien, one might assume the same planet as well. I know many of my fears and assumptions are paranoid ramblings from very little footage that could be far from the actual story, but at the same time, what I have seen has me worried. The Jockeys looking like humans and a zombie-ish infection is bad enough. And for those who keep saying this is not meant to be an Alien film in any way, why then is it in the Alien universe? Why is there the company? The Space Jockeys? And why does the marketing itself scream 'Alien'?  It is a prequel, even if in the nontraditional sense. I just hope it gives proper respect to the canon of ALL the films if it's intended to be in the same franchise, otherwise they should have just made a completely original sci-fi with no Alien elements whatsoever.

Engineer1

Engineer1

I think it's a safe bet to say that the Prometheus crew are going to f**k some things up by their own actions.

Maybe the Engineers we meet are benevolent and it's the humans that start to ruin it all by playing with gods toys.
PROMETHEUS is not only the title of the movie but actually the name of the spaceship, name given by the humans themselves.
Sounds a lot to me like "hey we are going to steal the fire from our gods!!! Aint that cool!"
Won' be suprised some character experiments on purpose with the ampules contents and then gets taken away by his god complex, getting to the place where he kills god, the Engineer to take his place...

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 10:40:17 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:29:09 PMWell let me reassure you buddies.

I don't think we'll see the Xeno, but how do you know it's not the same ship?

In my opinion this is the best way to make it work.
Avoid any plothole about the state of the Space jockey, and avoid the presence of the eggs.
But simply because Lindelof said so ^^

psychonaut25

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:40:39 PM

Sounds a lot to me like "hey we are going to steal the fire from our gods!!! Aint that cool!"
Won' be suprised some character experiments on purpose with the ampules contents and then gets taken away by his god complex, getting to the place where he kills god, the Engineer to take his place...

That sounds like the last 8 minutes that Ridley is talking about...

Michael Harper

I dunno if it has been brought up yet, because I ain't been looking on this topic for a few days, but did anybody else notice that on one of the crewman's t-shirts under the new Weyland logo (which a lot of the crew seem to be wearing - Ridley included, with his hat), it actually says WEYLAND CORP?

Sorry if this has already been posted haha.

nendo

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 10:40:17 PM

I don't think we'll see the Xeno, but how do you know it's not the same ship? Ridley even said it takes place in the same star system as Alien, one might assume the same planet as well.

hasn't it been confirmed that its NOT the same planet

plus i don't think ridley has confirmed its the same solar system

rossrp88

I'd like to think (and hope) that the vessel seen in the trailer isn't the exact one from Alien. Imagine you saw the films in order, Prometheus then Alien.

After seeing Prometheus the audience know these vehicles contain various horrors created by the Jockeys, and shouldn't be entered.

Alien begins... and the crew of the Nostromo stumble upon another one of these crafts. The audience eagerly awaits to see what terror will come forth from entering the ship, and what encounter the crew will have with the pilot.

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PMIt'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien.

Likewise. Although he does say 'seems' and 'looks like', not 'it is'. Therefore our concern is not about the actual facts, just our own inferences. I personally like the idea of the original Jockey being very old and to have it so young would nerf it somehow, but it's age isn't in stone as far as lore goes. It could well be only 30 years old.

-Chris

The original encounter between the humans and Jockey race may be 30 years apart, but it's possible the jockey ends the Prometheus story by trying to time-travel to destroy earth during its inception. Armeed with a ship load of xeno eggs, the jockey (probably by some earlier intervention by Rapace) instead crash lands back in LV-426 a million years back, and the attempted genocide of their creation is thwarted.

Possible? I love speculating.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 21, 2011, 10:55:16 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PMIt'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien.

Likewise. Although he does say 'seems' and 'looks like', not 'it is'. Therefore our concern is not about the actual facts, just our own inferences. I personally like the idea of the original Jockey being very old and to have it so young would nerf it somehow, but it's age isn't in stone as far as lore goes. It could well be only 30 years old.

-Chris

The original encounter between the humans and Jockey race may be 30 years apart, but it's possible the jockey ends the Prometheus story by trying to time-travel to destroy earth during its inception. Armeed with a ship load of xeno eggs, the jockey (probably by some earlier intervention by Rapace) instead crash lands back in LV-426 a million years back, and the attempted genocide of their creation is thwarted.

You are working for Fox or something??? :D :D Damn , very very plausible....

nendo

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:56:55 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 21, 2011, 10:55:16 PM

-Chris

You are working for Fox or something??? :D :D Damn , very very plausible....

very plausible... but i personaly think its a crap idea for them to do that

hardcorps54

is it just me or is the guy that we see in the first image not look the same guy that has his face melting off ?

maybe just me

Engineer1

The acid helmet takes place in the Engineer's temple/ship.
The mutated guy is aboard the ship
Those guys are shooting at something human sized.

Maybe the guy gets infected, brought back into the shuttle, escapes and is hunted down by the mercenaries.

RagingDragon

The face-melting is classic horror/sci-fi awesomeness there.  I'm so excited but...

3 trailers for a trailer.  But what is this first look, behind-the-scenes-esque feel here?  Is that just me?  Is there more to the trailer than only footage?

Inquiring minds want to know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed