Predator: Island Of Death

Started by thrasherofdeath666, Sep 30, 2007, 05:00:06 PM

Author
Predator: Island Of Death (Read 2,594 times)

thrasherofdeath666

Late one night off the coast of Costa Rico a fishing boat rocked silently in the waves as all but one of the crewmen slept. Juan couldn't sleep so he decided to go topside and enjoy the night air. He staired at the stars and thought to himself wondering what the next day's yield would be. He'd hoped for good fortune so that he may finally make right and marry his woman back on land. Just as everything seemed calm and right in the world a distant boom! startled him and he stood up. What appeared to be a shooting star broke through the atmosphere and was heading west at blinding speeds. And then to Juan's astonishment right when it seemed it would crash it stopped and hovered above the sea. Although Juan's mind was racing and struggling to understand what he was seeing it had just occured to him what was off in that direction...an area of five islands which his people had dubbed "the five deaths." Hundreds of stories of giant monsters and horrible deaths raced through his mind all at once and he couldn't help but shudder in fear. Juan returned to his cabin, sleeping no easier. Off in the distance, the ship landed.

Morning 8:19 A.M.

The ship hand landed on the northside of the island. For years ever since he had obtained the information he'd needed, millionaire and world renowned hunter Richard Dawse had planned and plotted the ultimate hunt on Isla Sorna or as it is most known as Site B. He'd hunted it all and naturally had become bored with life. And now his golden opportunity had arisen, and along for the ride was his team which included his one and only son Daniel. There was Alan Guinness, an archaeologist, Kimberly Strong, Daniel's fiancee and also an avid hunter, and Ramirez Santiago, their contact and guide to the island.
Base camp had been easy to set up but it wasn't done soon enough for Richard. His eagerness was evident as he smiled but kept to himself. Kimberly and Daniel were following suit, getting their gear and weapons ready for what would definitly be the hardest hunt of their lives and perhaps their last...

Southside of Isla Sorna 9:04 A.M.

As the hunting party was just setting off to the north, another hunter was already on the prowl to the south. The yautja had been tracking this herd of three horned bull like creatures for sometime now. It sat silently in a canopy of trees' on the outskirts of a vast open field and watched the creature's behavior. A power struggle seemed to ensue between two of the bulls...perhaps for a mate. After a brief tussle they ended the spat and the loser wandered away from the herd as if shamed by it's defeat. The yautja watched intently on this lone bull, now entering the outskirts of the jungle it inhabited walked to a clearing and began eating some shrubs. The yeautja knew here and now was the time to strike. It readied it's spear and with the deadly silence of a cat ran to the end of the branch and lept directly on top the back of the beast and pierced the back of it's neck. Although wounded, the bull wasn't dead by a long shot. It shook the yautja off it's back. It landed directly in front of the enraged bull, which wasn't a place to be. The bull charged the yautja just as the yautja lept into the tree directly above it. The bull hit the tree with such tremendous force that the tree snapped and began to fall backwards. As the tree fell the yautja ran down it taking aim with it's shoulder cannon and fired. Right on target, the yautja put a whole through the side of the bull. With one last mighty roar the beast fell, finally dead. The yautja approached it to reclaim it's kill and spear. Good trophy an possibly a good meal was to be had from this. It took its time cleaning the kill, enjoying the ever growing heat here. Soon after it had completed it's task a gunshot rang out in the distance. The yautja knew the sound of gunfire to be something associated with humans and this displeased him. The yautja tied the heavy skull on his back and carried it through the trees like it weighed nothing at all. It was time to investigate the noise...

Colton White

Colton White

This is supposed to be a cross between Alien,Predator,and Jurassic park? It's pretty good.

thrasherofdeath666

hey i appreciate it :)
i know i'm no professional writer...i could definitly use a couple of writing classes but my head is swimming with ideas. although, i must confess in this particular idea the aliens aren't involved....but there will be others ;)

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

Are those bull-like creatures ACTUAL bulls or a new type of creature?

thrasherofdeath666

those three horned bull like creatures are in fact triceratops...guess i should've been more specific lol...i got more coming real soon

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed