Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 15,007 times)

RIP77

Cailee Spaeny says Fede Alvarez's 'ALIEN: ROMULUS' film is set between 'ALIEN' and 'ALIENS'.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/alien-romulus-set-between-first-two-cailee-spaeny-1235810521/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RIP77 on Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AMCailee Spaeny says Fede Alvarez's 'ALIEN: ROMULUS' film is set between 'ALIEN' and 'ALIENS'.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/alien-romulus-set-between-first-two-cailee-spaeny-1235810521/

Quote"It's supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie," Spaney tells Variety's Michaela Zee. "They brought the same team from 'Aliens,' the James Cameron film. The same people who built those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours. So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible."

I'm guessing by "same team" she's referring to StudioGillis, which tracks with what we've heard so far.

This rocks.

EDIT: And later in the article:

Quote"My first film was big-budget sci-fi," Spaeny continues, referring to her role in the 2018 kaiju sequel "Pacific Rim: Uprising." "I feel like I'm going back to that world. And I have so much fun. I like trying to do as many different things as I can. So I swapped my high heels and my beehive for spacesuits and lots of wire work. ... I love watching those old '70s, '80s action sci-fi films. And I'm such a fan of that IP and Sigourney Weaver. It's legendary to get to be a part of it."

"[...] spacesuit and lots of wire work [...]"

thexenomorph

I'm the only fan of Pacific Rim Uprising. I'm happy to see her get a role in this movie too, and how she's excited and enthusiastic about the movie.

PAS Spinelli

Is this basically saying we are seeing the Warriors again?

Local Trouble

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 28, 2023, 07:11:41 AMIs this basically saying we are seeing the Warriors again?

I fully expect them to be painstakingly accurate recreations of the AvPR aliens.

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2023, 01:08:20 AMI'm guessing by "same team" she's referring to StudioGillis, which tracks with what we've heard so far.

She means the same team, dude.

Or the modern equivalent. Legacy.

BlueMarsalis79

Neila

that sounds pretty good.
It's nice when the old Effect vets are back at the start and bring their experiences with them.
But I really hope that it will be more "old school" again.

As much as I like Alec and Tom, I didn't like the last designs they did for both brands. I hope in the case of Alien that they create it again with the necessary biomechanics. Unfortunately, since Resurrection everything has been more rubber-organic.

Scott Conover

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 28, 2023, 07:11:41 AMIs this basically saying we are seeing the Warriors again?

I think she's just talking about practical effects being used and the quote shouldn't be taken so literally, but, I think "original design" implies a big chap vibe if anything

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2023, 01:08:20 AMI'm guessing by "same team" she's referring to StudioGillis, which tracks with what we've heard so far.

This rocks.

From our coverage -

QuoteSpaeny makes reference to the special effects team responsible for handling the creatures returning from Aliens. She is referring to the prominent workshop Legacy Effects (Formerly Stan Winston Studio) who we can confirm were working in collaboration with Studio Gillis. Studio Gillis is the new effects workshop managed by StudioADI co-founder Alec Gillis, responsible for the effects behind previous films in the franchises such as AlienĀ³, Alien: Resurrection, The Predator, Prey, and both AVP films.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2023/11/28/cailee-spaeny-confirms-alien-romulus-timeline-setting-and-effects-studio-involvement/

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 28, 2023, 07:22:25 AM

I fully expect them to be painstakingly accurate recreations of the AvPR aliens.
I swear to God if they do this

Kane's other son

Wirework probably means zero-g sequences, which is something we haven't seen in the movies so far.

ralfy

Good to hear that. Hopefully, the screenplay will also follow the two films.

Immortan Jonesy

I can't have an opinion without seeing the final designs of this production. I just hope they are better than their previous post-AlienĀ³ creatures.

It's good to know the confirmation of the timeline though. I suppose that guarantees retrofuturism to a lesser or greater degree, but definitely present. 8)

SiL

Quote from: Kane's other son on Nov 28, 2023, 09:51:07 AMWirework probably means zero-g sequences, which is something we haven't seen in the movies so far.
Covenant has some.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed