Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 16,198 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2023, 07:29:23 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2023, 01:08:20 AMI'm guessing by "same team" she's referring to StudioGillis, which tracks with what we've heard so far.

She means the same team, dude.

Or the modern equivalent. Legacy.

Oh right, forgot Legacy was on board. My mind went right to Gillis 'cause he was still with Winston during Aliens' production.

PortugueseXeno

It's great to see the OG team back, but i will be honest, i hope that whatever they cook up for the Xeno, isn't simply another man in a rubber suit, since that can easily break the immersion of the movie and of the creature.

Hopefully with how far technology and their art has come they can come up with something a little more advanced, while still practical.

XENOMORPHOSIS

This is rather exciting and cool to hear Alec Gillis, Mark Rosengrant, Shane Mahan rest of the team formerly Stan Winston Studios now Legacy Effects have provided the makes up, monster suits, animatronics, practical creature effects agian, hope it doesn't get bogged done in cgi there is is a good balance of displaying the Xenomorphs in all there glory.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kane's other son on Nov 28, 2023, 09:51:07 AMWirework probably means zero-g sequences

Fingers crossed. I'd love to see something take that a bit farther than Covenant did, especially if we get some really bulky, claustraphobic space suits again.

I still hope that, whatever world this is set on, the planet around the main station that the characters live/work in isn't (fully) terraformed yet and everything around the station provides a huge environmental hazard.

Enjoy

TheBATMAN

Still mightily intrugued as to how the Alien reappears in the timeline between the first two films.

I hope it isn't too contrived.

Local Trouble

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 28, 2023, 03:39:22 PMStill mightily intrugued as to how the Alien reappears in the timeline between the first two films.

I hope it isn't too contrived.

There's plenty of sources out there at this point in the timeline, even just looking purely at what the movies have left dangling – the Derelict and its cargo of eggs on LV-426, the urns of pathogen on LV-223, anything David left behind on Planet 4, the Covenant itself, and God knows how many worlds David might have seeded post-Alien: Covenant. Eggs could pop up pretty much anywhere between Alien and Aliens when Alien: Romulus is set.

It's the show, with its pre-Alien setting, that has me really scratching my head wondering about where the Aliens are going to originate from before crashing down on Earth on board the Maginot.

TheBATMAN

More and more it is beginning to sound like the show is just part of its own continuity. A separate universe from the films.

Immortan Jonesy

We still have to see the thing, but if that were the case, it wouldn't bother me. A parallel continuity that makes it easy to experiment creatively would be great. Something like a reboot, but at the same time we still have the continuity we all embrace and love. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 28, 2023, 04:17:23 PMMore and more it is beginning to sound like the show is just part of its own continuity. A separate universe from the films.
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 28, 2023, 04:26:09 PMWe still have to see the thing, but if that were the case, it wouldn't bother me. A parallel continuity that makes it easy to experiment creatively would be great. Something like a reboot, but at the same time we still have the continuity we all embrace and love. :)

I'm not at all expecting a reboot/alt. continuity from the show, I'm sure it'll slot into the same timeline the films have operated in since '79 (with a bit of retconning to get there, as most of the followup films have done anyways), but yeah, I also wouldn't complain if it did end up being a separate continuity.

TheBATMAN

I think i'd prefer it to be its own thing. It kind of undermines Ripley's whole journey otherwise. Plus as you say it allows for much more creative freedom.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

The Xeno design is new, but familiar. Doesn't look like Resurrection or AvP. It's a very solid design. Loved it myself.

And they're mostly going practical effects unless something changed in post production. They've attempted to get it all in camera as Fede prefers it that way.

Nightmare Asylum

"New, but familiar" definitely has me thinking something akin to how Alien: Isolation took the core of Alien's design but put its own spin on it. Really, really curious to see what Legacy Effects and Studio Gillis have in store for us here...

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 28, 2023, 04:46:31 PMThe Xeno design is new, but familiar. Doesn't look like Resurrection or AvP. It's a very solid design. Loved it myself.

And they're mostly going practical effects unless something changed in post production. They've attempted to get it all in camera as Fede prefers it that way.
"New, but familiar" makes me think of Isolation, since it's pretty much the big chap but with more alien-like legs, which in my opinion is better than the man in a rubber suit legs from the first movie.

I understand that back then there were some limitations, but i feel like, 40 years later, Legacy Effect should be bolder and more ambitious in their animatronics.

They clearly have the talent and having a Stompy-like Xenomorph for Romulus would clearly feel like quite the achievement, when it comes to animatronics, especially because of its legs.

Put the alien back in alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed