Alien Durability preference?

Started by (Bad Blood), Mar 03, 2023, 10:18:01 AM

Author
Alien Durability preference? (Read 4,353 times)

Corporal Hicks

That said, the acid is something I'd like to see have a more prominent impact within some stories. I often go on about wanting something in the video games where harming the Alien can affect the environment or the level design. I'd love to see more acid damage effecting the locations and plans in the various movies and novels and etc too.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2023, 09:47:27 PMBudget based in Aliens case.

We see the environment smoke every time an Alien is shot in Aliens, they just didn't have the budget to destroy the set each time.

Every time a character is close to an Alien and shoots it, acid damage occurs - Drake, Hudson, Vasquez

Hicks too, accompanied by a nice shot of the armor being eaten.

SiL

SiL

Christ, how could I forget. It's literally the reason he doesn't help at the end.

Acid was a nightmare in that movie.

BlueMarsalis79

Wasn't it originally supposed to kill him there?

Corporal Hicks

I think he dies while he and Ripley are trying to rescue Newt in the treatment. I don't remember it being clear as to where it comes from but I think it's acid damage from attacking the Queen's eggsac.

SiL

SiL

In the treatment they drug themselves so they can be taken into the hive, as that's where the colony's escape vehicles are located.

By the time they wake up Hicks has been impregnated already, so he blows himself up to give the others time. I'm pretty sure that's how they escape the Queen.

BlueMarsalis79

Huh, mental...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2023, 09:57:03 PMIn the treatment they drug themselves so they can be taken into the hive, as that's where the colony's escape vehicles are located.

That's it. I'd forgot that little trick. Need to have a re-read of that one.

SiL

SiL

It's really interesting. Lydecker is the name of a marine, there's no Burke, Bishop abandons Ripley and Co in the colony (due to safety programming, not evil Android), the characters talk to some of the marines cocooned in the hive, etc

judge death

Is it possible to read that script somehwere?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it's in our downloads section. It's not a script though, it's a treatment.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/alien-II-treatment-1983-9-21.pdf

SiL

SiL

In script format, which is unusual but something Cameron likes doing.

Corporal Hicks

He calls them scriptments if I remember rightly.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2023, 08:18:35 AMHe calls them scriptments if I remember rightly.
Yep. His Spider-Man one is... Interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed