Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel.

Started by 0321recon, May 29, 2019, 03:31:02 AM

Author
Rumor: Cameron wanting to do an 'Aliens' Prequel. (Read 6,081 times)

Local Trouble

Two hours of Ripley in hypersleep?

SuperiorIronman

I mean, you could do that. Somebody ends up in a place where David was and that serves as a Prequel to Aliens without having to go right into the Derelict again. Sure I could see that. Maybe not with Ripley but just because she's in it doesn't mean she'd do much.

If Cameron is attached, couldn't it mean he's only a producer? If he's going to be busy with Avatar (and yeah, didn't that die 10 years ago?) then he might just be a producer on it similarly to the current Terminator.

Samhain13

They can pull another Out of Shadows and have Ripley go to Origae 6 between Alien and Aliens. Maybe Amanda will be there too. David vs 2 Ripley. Imagine that.

Local Trouble

How awesome would it be if Cameron thinks Ridley's new ideas are shit and makes a prequel that unambiguously contradicts them?

Samhain13

ADF can work as his advisor on that.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 29, 2019, 02:30:34 PM
How awesome would it be if Cameron thinks Ridley's new ideas are shit and makes a prequel that unambiguously contradicts them?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

AVP, Prometheus and this.

Third time's the charm?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Didn't Cameron said AVP was his third favorite alien movie? Maybe he will throw some references to it, canonize it once again. He is bringing it back folks.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

He's bringing nothing back if the new Terminator is anything to go by.

SuperiorIronman

I would be more than amused if AVP somehow managed to slam back into the timeline with the force of a runaway train. Then again it would probably be lumped into another timeline. If true, I dread the canon debate.

0321recon

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 29, 2019, 02:44:48 PM
He's bringing nothing back if the new Terminator is anything to go by.

I have to agree. That trailer didn't excite me at all, and that's with him being Producer and in charge of the story.  Even with the trailers, Alita felt closer to a Cameron production than this, and he was also just Producer and Screenwriter on that show. For me, that shows their cracks in the armor. IMHO, Cameron should have just moved on past Avatar, done Alita, this Terminator film, and for the hell of it, Alien3 Redux with Scott directing and he being producer and screenwriter (just how it was going to happen before Fox foolishly went with AVP instead).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 29, 2019, 02:31:48 PM
ADF can work as his advisor on that.

"The David 8 models always were a bit delusional.  Those things could barely 'create' a decent cup of coffee."

Nostromo

Amanda Ripley I'm telling you guys.................listen to me now, believe me later.

Evanus

My god, if this turns out being real..

Stitch

As weird as it sounds, maybe he's working on Alien Awakening? We just had the news about the new script being given to Scott, and suddenly there's this new news about an Aliens prequel?

Maybe Ross meant Alien, not Aliens, and the third prequel is going to feature Ripley in some way? Hmm  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed