USA Today's 2017 Movie preview includes new photo from Covenant.

Started by Anthony, Jan 08, 2017, 08:39:45 PM

Author
USA Today's 2017 Movie preview includes new photo from Covenant. (Read 22,828 times)

Corporal Hicks

It's the lip around the barrel that made me think Scorpion.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2017, 09:25:11 PM
Very SMGish. Looks like it was inspired by the Scorpion.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/9a/ea/2c/9aea2cbe81edd711fe0ae2eaed76ac2d.jpg
Nah i think its more build of the automatich shotgun dao-12, the drum on the scorpion in that pic is a matter of choice and it misses the front handle wich isnt possible on the scorpion.

Take off the shoulder stuff and add some pulse rifle body and voila.

Anthony

Anthony

On the topic of weaponry, if an early form of Colonial Marines appear in the prequel films, I'd like to see early designs of some of their weaponry. For example, an early Smart Gun with the look of a flamethrower is something I'd personally think would be interesting.

whiterabbit

The guns are meant to be light and low key. This is a colony ship with a small tactical force; not an assault team.

Quote from: LiquidSentry on Jan 08, 2017, 09:18:32 PM
My god, is daniels doing a photoshoot? Hair is... on point  ;)
Well if you're going to die you might as well look good doing it! Although I think that scene is when they ascend the engineer citadel.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 08, 2017, 09:35:40 PM
The guns are meant to be light and low key. This is a colony ship with a small tactical force; not an assault team.

Well if you're going to die you might as well look good doing it! Although I think that scene is when they ascend the engineer citadel.
I agree, i think the weapons chosen for this movie is for a purpose, weaker and not too much overpowering, so it still beholds the survival horror stuff for the humans and not changing into a Doom game.

cliffhanger

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 08, 2017, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 08, 2017, 09:00:57 PM
Man, Ridley should've asked Cameron to draw up some guns for him.

I don't know...looks good to me, we don't need more pulse rifles, seen enough to last a life time.  :P

i like the gun actually, i like the idea of them being still somewhat 'neanderthalic' in guns and arms. I think the guns we know so well belong in aliens, something that didnt even exist yet when ripley first sailed off to lv-426. the covenant crew aren't military, so whilst its logical they would carry arms into the unknown, it is not a warship and as such should be not of primary concern, thus please no advanced guns.

the idea of them coming underarmed and underprepared to a chaos they did not know expect or were up against is something i enjoy more too.
they came in expecting 'paradise' , but it was quickly different when they approached it close, discovering something was wrong.

Anthony

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 08, 2017, 09:35:40 PM

"We're all going to die if we don't leave now!"

"Hold on, I'm going to wash the blood off my face first."

Pvt. Himmel

Nice find. Ant.. You'll fit in nicely here!! 8)

Bazz

It's an AUG....

LiquidSentry

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 08, 2017, 09:38:56 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 08, 2017, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 08, 2017, 09:00:57 PM
Man, Ridley should've asked Cameron to draw up some guns for him.

I don't know...looks good to me, we don't need more pulse rifles, seen enough to last a life time.  :P

i like the gun actually, i like the idea of them being still somewhat 'neanderthalic' in guns and arms. I think the guns we know so well belong in aliens, something that didnt even exist yet when ripley first sailed off to lv-426. the covenant crew aren't military, so whilst its logical they would carry arms into the unknown, it is not a warship and as such should be not of primary concern, thus please no advanced guns.

the idea of them coming underarmed and underprepared to a chaos they did not know expect or were up against is something i enjoy more too.
they came in expecting 'paradise' , but it was quickly different when they approached it close, discovering something was wrong.

Doesn't Covvie have a WY security force on board? Or what was that a rumor?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bazz on Jan 08, 2017, 10:52:08 PM
It's an AUG....

We were talking about a weapon in some concept art posted earlier in the thread, not the one in the picture. :)

echobbase79

How years are they from Aliens in this timeline? Maybe the weapons haven't advanced that far?

Anthony

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 08, 2017, 11:03:15 PM

How years are they from Aliens in this timeline? Maybe the weapons haven't advanced that far?

Covenant takes place in 2104, so like 75 years before Aliens.

LiquidSentry

LiquidSentry

At least 75+ years right? Alien itself is at least 20 years away from Covenant and Aliens is 57 from that.

Edit: And someone beat me ;D my math is slow.

Anthony

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 08, 2017, 10:38:26 PM
Nice find. Ant.. You'll fit in nicely here!! 8)

Thanks Himmel!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed