Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 111,405 times)

Lemonade

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
I hope the Deacon makes a return. I'd hate for it to be just a quick one-off thing because I'd like to see if it evolves into something else entirely.

The thing is, it was created by a specific set of circumstances, that I can't see another one showing up. So it would have to be that particular deacon all grown up that we see.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 18, 2014, 05:15:22 PM
I hope the Deacon makes a return. I'd hate for it to be just a quick one-off thing because I'd like to see if it evolves into something else entirely.

The thing is, it was created by a specific set of circumstances, that I can't see another one showing up. So it would have to be that particular deacon all grown up that we see.

That would work for me. As it stands now, that Deacon was pure fan-service until a future film tells us otherwise.

Lemonade

Well, as Damon Lindelof put it "I would be fundamentally disappointed going into this movie and not seeing one alien".

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 18, 2014, 05:15:22 PM

And that is my biggest problem with the movie. Yet, the mural would suggestion they know about the Deacon...

SM

SM

Holloway is infected, than shags Shaw.  She bears the trilobite, which impregnates an Engineer with a Deacon.

Since humans are genetically identical to Engineers, whats to stop more Deacons being created in the same manner?

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't considered the genetics factor. Fair point.

That said - still a roundabout way to getting there.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 08:58:11 AMSince humans are genetically identical to Engineers, whats to stop more Deacons being created in the same manner?

Possibly the whole get infected, have sex, birth a giant octopus bit.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 19, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 08:58:11 AMSince humans are genetically identical to Engineers, whats to stop more Deacons being created in the same manner?

...and then getting it to rape a Engineer.

A very unlikely set of circumstances to happen by chance but still replicable in a controlled environment.

Kimarhi

but it wouldn't have to facehug an engineer since one of the "amaze revelations" was that genetically they were identical to humans. 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Would it even be able to rape a human considering the size of that thing? And would a human subsequently be able to bear host to something as big as a Deacon? Or would he/she just birth a smaller version of a Deacon?

Kimarhi

I imagine it would pop out smaller than jockey deacon.

The whole idea of being genetically identical was foolishness anyways.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 19, 2014, 05:24:32 PM
The whole idea of being genetically identical was foolishness anyways.

Yeah, I mean not even humans are genetically identical to each other. Otherwise forensic DNA profiling would be useless and we would all be the same color, size etc.

Could it be that the "DNA match" in Prometheus rather means that the single Engineer specimen is biochemically similar to humans with many of our shared base genomes? Perhaps like humans and Neanderthals? Or chimps. Or something a little closer?

SM

SM

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 19, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

Nope.

QuoteWould it even be able to rape a human considering the size of that thing? And would a human subsequently be able to bear host to something as big as a Deacon? Or would he/she just birth a smaller version of a Deacon?

Why wouldn't it?  The Engineer was dead by the time the Deacon popped anyway.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 09:47:25 PM
QuoteWould it even be able to rape a human considering the size of that thing? And would a human subsequently be able to bear host to something as big as a Deacon? Or would he/she just birth a smaller version of a Deacon?

Why wouldn't it?

The tube/organ it rammed down the Engineers throat could barely fit into the Engineers mouth.
A Deacon that hatched from a human host would also have to be considerably smaller considering the one we saw was already man sized.

QuoteThe Engineer was dead by the time the Deacon popped anyway.

Was the Engineer dead or was it just anesthetized like Kane?

SM

SM

QuoteA Deacon that hatched from a human host would also have to be considerably smaller considering the one we saw was already man sized.

No doubt.

QuoteWas the Engineer dead or was it just anesthetized like Kane?

Kane was awake when the burster popped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed