Kotobukiya Big Chap minifigs

Started by Mr. Domino, Jun 08, 2016, 10:45:02 PM

Author
Kotobukiya Big Chap minifigs (Read 1,556 times)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Mine arrived. Two identical sets as expected. Had to pay import taxes so it ended up at around 60€ / $66.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 09, 2016, 10:28:27 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 09, 2016, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 08, 2016, 10:55:22 PM
I really want to get these things because the poses are hilarious, but $9 a pop is a tough pill to swallow.

But they come from Japan.
At least that's how i excuse this stuff.
A lot of stuff comes from Japan and China, but it doesn't cost me $4.50 for a 2" figurine.

2 figures.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 16, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
Mine arrived. Two identical sets as expected. Had to pay import taxes so it ended up at around 60€ / $66.

Worth it, you think?

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 17, 2016, 08:02:15 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 16, 2016, 06:50:07 PM

Worth it, you think?
Let's face it, I paid 5€ / $5.55 per figure for black plastic that might have fitted into a KinderSurprise egg. That's a lot in my opinion.
Putting the six of them against for example a NECA figure they hardly compare.

I guess they normally are targeting the collector instincts with the blind box system.
But I am immune to that.

The detail of the sculpts is fantastic for their size! You can see details on the bums they are sitting on and even their little genitals.

For me personally I got them because I fell in love with them the moment I saw them back in December for the first time.
There are some cute or silly Alien merch things out there, but most of them are on the comically exaggerated side of things, nothing wrong with that but that's been done a lot.
These are sculpted and posed with a certain natural quality. They look innocent and fun. It is that interesting combination of a creature looking exactly like we all know it, biomechanical face raping unstoppable killingmachine taking over your bodies, hanging out, daydreaming, relaxing, sitting sassy in the grass.
It is that clash of aesthetics, that I can identify a great deal with.

If this tickles the collector in you or you always needed a cute Alien practicing headstands, go for it!
Other wisely the plastic for money deal isn't that great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed