Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 954,912 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

DC2 is a totally different game than the first.  DC was way more RE, while DC2 was way more RE4 OG.  However, I liked DC2s environments a whole lot more, and while both stories are barely put together typical horror/action fare for consoles at the time, I liked the world building of the second game better.  It was more interesting to be in, even though far less tense because you always had ammo. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Beat Metroid Prime Hunters, about an hour into Metroid Prime 2 (Trilogy edition on the Wii).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Finished Re4 remake.  I liked the Krauser fight, took me some timing to get his final form down, reminded me almost of a fromsoft boss. 

I stand by just about everything I said earlier.  This is the first REmake I feel that is better than the original game.  The combat is better, it isn't QUITE as silly as the original, it's much meatier than the other modern REmakes and despite being a little different, felt that the love for the previous game was evident just about everywhere in the remake.  There was a glitch in the game where the street sweeper made you run faster in the OG RE4, and thus the street sweeper trinket you put on the suitcase is what adjust your movement speed in this game. 

Just like the DS remake I felt it dragged just a LITTLE bit at the end, but overall a entertaining entry.  I only wish that RE2s second scenario had been treated with this same kind of care.  I realize that no game is going to do what OG RE2 did.  Basically have four different scenarios: Claire A and B aren't the same as Leon A and B.  Birkin is the A storyline villain, and MR. X is the b scenario villian, no mater which character you play.  Which means the secondary characters you run into and the dialogue is different between all the scenarios.  But I DID expect the two characters to have different stories.  Not one story with the same boss fights, and one or two areas different.  The total rush job that was RE3 remake doesn't even need to be mentioned.  Besides Hot Jill that game failed to do what RE2 Remake did, have some big enemy always chasing you.  They actually did it better with Mr. X imo. 

8.5/10.  Not a perfect game to me just because even in the slightly more serious RE4 remake, I still feel RE4 is the point where the series started to go astray.  It is a fun game in its own right, but feels nothing like anything that had come before it, and everything after until RE7 tried to duplicate its success.  FURTHERMORE, RE8 tried just a little bit too hard in this regard.  Playing RE4 remake feels very much like RE8 in third person to me.  I don't think RE4 Remake copied RE8, I think RE8 copied OG RE4, pretty blatantly, and it had just been so long nobody put dedicated fans of the original remembered. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 31, 2023, 06:02:19 AMPlaying RE4 remake feels very much like RE8 in third person to me.  I don't think RE4 Remake copied RE8, I think RE8 copied OG RE4, pretty blatantly, and it had just been so long nobody put dedicated fans of the original remembered. 
Have you played RE8 in third person? It's available as part of the Winters Expansion dlc. I haven't yet but I'll probably check it out.

Also, loads of reviews for Village said that it clearly took inspiration from RE4. Part of the rumour mill that was saying RE4 would be the next remake is because of how similar Village was, and so they could use a lot of assets from it for RE4.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't have the RE8 DLC yet because I had to clear space for memory reasons and don't want to delete any of the games I've still got going on.  I know that people that had played OG RE4 felt RE8 was pretty similar before hand, even heard people learning about the settings of each boss character being like, "hhmmm this is very similar to RE4 with the castle, village, and industrial complex," but most of the younger generation didn't play PS2 games so there are some young ones, lots actually in the early going of the release, that said RE4 remake copied RE8.  I'm sure when older vets started correcting them, they have changed their tune to not be internet wrong, but in the early going at least that was a significant online opinion. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 30, 2023, 11:22:07 PMBeat Metroid Prime Hunters, about an hour into Metroid Prime 2 (Trilogy edition on the Wii).

How about now?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

About to take System Shock for a spin. Never played this particular classic before.

Stitch

Stitch

Doing a second play through of RE4, and I was hoping to go for completion, but I've managed to miss things. The further I get, the more I realize I've missed. It's kinda annoying.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Woot, finally finished Witcher 3. f**k Eredin.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 13, 2023, 09:10:52 PMAbout to take System Shock for a spin. Never played this particular classic before.

Scratch that. When I realised that you actually have to manually turn with keys and can only mouselook within your current frame, I checked out entirely.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 14, 2023, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 13, 2023, 09:10:52 PMAbout to take System Shock for a spin. Never played this particular classic before.

Scratch that. When I realised that you actually have to manually turn with keys and can only mouselook within your current frame, I checked out entirely.

Exactly my experience.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 14, 2023, 10:49:45 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant about it being complicated. I'm waiting for the remake. Hoping it'll be good.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 13, 2023, 07:21:03 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 30, 2023, 11:22:07 PMBeat Metroid Prime Hunters, about an hour into Metroid Prime 2 (Trilogy edition on the Wii).

How about now?
Been sick and I've got an ear infection and haven't been able to hear so I haven't been playing many video games.

I did get one of these, though:
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6390/figma+Samus+Aran+PRIME+3+ver.html

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Completed Dead Space Impossible Mode on 426 honestly a walk in the park compared to DS2 and DS3.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished most of the Return To Monkey Island achievements

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed