I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,259 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 08:10:11 PM
Well, then you don't understand the definition of the word.

Respect - To feel or show deferential regard for someone.

Deferential means submissive. Yielding to another's opinion. Is this what I'm being asked to do? If so, then that's an unprecedented violation of my freedom of speech - at least the idea - and you'd think that an internet forum would be at least as considerate of that freedom as more regulated forums.

It's your whole attitude on the subject that comes across at rotten. Okay, you hate the film fine but don't bash others that do which you did with this quote:

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 11:33:27 AM
^ ::) Of course you enjoyed the film. You're a predator fan. You people literally care nothing about quality filmaking as long as that film being made features a "badass" Predator. Lol It's kind of childish.

Nightmare Asylum

Deferential means submissive. Yielding to another's opinion. Is this what I'm being asked to do? If so, then that's an unprecedented violation of my freedom of speech - at least the idea - and you'd think that an internet forum would be at least as considerate of that freedom as more regulated forums.

Nobody is telling you that you have to agree with everyone. No one is even telling you that you have to keep quiet about your disagreement with others. As I stated before, sometimes disagreements fuel the best of conversations. All we're saying is that you can disagree with someone and still be polite to them; insulting other forum members (calling them childish, for example), whether you agree with them or not, should not happen.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Why does everyone keep quoting that as though it's some rhetorical secret weapon. I realize I said that because I said it. It doesn't change anything. I don't think I've done anything wrong.

How could I have guessed that it wouldn't be the fellow I was talking to that would respond, but some holierthanthou goodytwoshoes quoting Hamurappi? Was what I said really such an injustice that I have a GLOBAL moderator admonishing me to tone things down? I feel like the candystore thief who was blitzed by the swat team.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 02, 2012, 08:46:30 PM

Nobody is telling you that you have to agree with everyone. No one is even telling you that you have to keep quiet about your disagreement with others. As I stated before, sometimes disagreements fuel the best of conversations. All we're saying is that you can disagree with someone and still be polite to them; insulting other forum members (calling them childish, for example), whether you agree with them or not, should not happen.

I called no one childish. I said that the act of liking a film because it features a BAWSE predator is childish. I honestly feel that way.

Master Chief

Jeez. Enough team, damn! If we can't have a decent conversation, then maybe this thread should be locked.   Keep it moving.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

C'mon guys, we're all friends here.

About the movie, it wasn't completely horrible, it was just my least favorite of the movies.
Personally, I liked how everything was so dark, it fit.
I just hated that the Xenomorph was made a joke... It is the perfect organism.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Jun 12, 2012, 08:52:37 PM
About the movie, it wasn't completely horrible, it was just my least favorite of the movies.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jun 12, 2012, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Jun 12, 2012, 08:52:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/aG4yJ.gif

Oh it was bad, just not the worst thing I've seen in my life.
Go watch the Garbage Pail kids.

r888

I like and hated it, if only they improved the dark scenes more, can't see a freaking thing in the cinema

Predator Queen

I like it, but then again I normaly dont hate movies, normaly no matter how bad acting or design or story is I will still like the subject.  But trust me AVPR is far from loved.  I like it like I like Troll 2 its terrible but in an amuzeing way.

AVP-CAPCOM

I'm gonna get philosophical here- in rating AVP-R

Whether or not you liked the movie IMO is a matter of "taste".

Beauty and taste are two different things.

Beauty = truth (it has per-defined Universal rules everyone can agree on)
Taste= personal preference

To me I prefer AVP-R over Prometheus because IMO both are B-movie crap not worthy of 2/5 each.

If I were to say to an artsy person who looks for beauty in cinema I'd recommend ALIEN* (*heck they still gets played in my local swanky art-house cinema- is being preserved as a Cinematic classic and appeals to H R Giger fans).

But I'm sure there are some low hanging fruit who would say AVP-R is better than ALIEN because they prefer high RPM low IQ flicks or find ALIEN boring. They are in the minority though.

As for Prometheus the reason there is so many intense arguments over that film is because some people say its art (has universal beauty, appeal and aesthetics) whereas I put it in the same bracket as AVP-R

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

I'll just say that movies like AVP but especially Requiem, I think, are taken FAR too seriously than needed. I regard them as B movie camp fliks. I don't put them on the same serious level of the Alien/Predator films. And just for sh!ts and giggles, I can't help but imagine extreme haters of AVP as being a Douchey McNitpick.

Spoiler
[close]

Yes, the movie has a LOT of flaws. I wouldn't personally say that Requiem is a GOOD film. But regardless, critics and fans constantly nitpick everything about AVPR to death just as much as AVP, and honestly, I think they judge it a little too unfairly. And if they want to do that, let them be.

Novak 1334

It's nitpicked because it is a crime to film and an insult to two Cinematic Icons

and most of all, its dogsh*t

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 25, 2012, 11:42:27 AM
It's nitpicked because it is a crime to film and an insult to two Cinematic Icons

and most of all, its dogsh*t

*shrugs*

I could name a LOT of worse films. And in my book, AVP and Requiem doesn't come near them.

But hey, whatever dude. Haters gonna hate. To each their own.

Edit: Good movies can be nitpicked on too, y'know.  ;)

Novak 1334

Glitter,
Transformers,
Anything by Uwe Boll,

There is far worse out there dude  ;D

Charles Xavier

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 25, 2012, 03:00:30 PM
Anything by Uwe Boll,

THAT I can definitely agree with you.   :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed