Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 835,316 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Kamen Rider vs. Shocker (1972)

Working my way through the original Kamen Rider series. The watch order list I've been referencing put this movie at about the halfway mark of the series.

Huge leap in quality in cinematography and production, and a action packed story of the 2 riders fighting shocker goons and kaijin for pretty much the entire 30 minute runtime. Seemingly every kaijin villain that's appeared in the series so far makes an appearance, which was cool to see! A really fun movie to break up the series a bit!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2023, 03:34:27 PMLayer Cake

"You're born, you take shit. Get out in the world, you take more shit. Climb a little higher, you take less shit. 'Til one day you're up in the rarified atmosphere, and you've forgotten what shit even looks like...

Welcome to the layer cake, son."

Sounds like an inverse of the plate of shit speech in The Wire. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

John Wick: Chapter 4 - 10/10

Going into this, I had fairly high expectations, based on what I had heard from friends and also from the general opinion about this movie. Those expectations were certainly met, with this being a thrilling and gripping action ride from start to finish. Keanu Reeves once again returns as John Wick and is pretty much doing exactly what you would be expecting of him in the role at this point. Among the newcomers, we have the amazing Rina Sawayama as Akira, concierge of the Osaka Continental. Rina is not someone I have been familiar with before this movie came out, but she does an amazing job here and Akira is such a brutal and fluid fighter and it's an absolute joy to see her take up arms along side Wick. Hiroyuki Sanada is always fantastic in everything he does and so is Donnie Yen. Bill SkarsgÄrd manages to be quite sleezy and also threatening as Marquis Vincent de Gramont and is a good villain. The action sequences are AMAZING. The entire Osaka part is my favorite of the movie, but coming in at a close second is the Hotline Miami stuff with John clearing room after room with a Dragon Breath shotgun, which was just so much fun to watch. The stair case fight must also be mentioned as a stand out part of the movie. A very enjoyable action film, lots of heart and character to it and AMAZING fights. I'm very glad I saw this on the big screen.

My initial score for this was 8.5/10, but I think it deserves a higher score just for how much amazing work they put into this.

Hellraiser - 8/10

I have only seen the original movie once, so I don't have a whole lot to compare to. But this was pretty good, and the second half of the movie even went from pretty good to really good. Odessa A'zion grew on me as Riley, the recovering drug addict who comes into possession of the Lament Configuration, (a.k.a. the Hellraiser Cube) and who summons demons (or angels) known as Cenobites to haunt and torment her and her friends. Adam Faison as Colin is also quite likeable and Drew Starkey does what his character does pretty well. The Cenobites are really well made and the whole creature design and set design is just on an overall fantastic level, with the second half of the movie taking place in a very interesting mansion. Jamie Clayton plays The Priest/Pinhead and does really well in the role and had some big shoes to fill after Doug Bradley iconic take on the role. But I think she managed to do a great job here and really made the character fit THIS movie very well and make it feel like its own thing while also sticking to what Hellraiser is supposed to be. Or at least what I think it's supposed to be, as I'm by no means an expert on the franchise.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - 8.5/10

Just an overall good time. Funny, decent voice casting and absolutely gorgeous animation.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bone Tomahawk

"Say goodbye to my wife. I'll say hello to yours."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 07, 2023, 01:58:54 AMThe Super Mario Bros. Movie - 8.5/10

Just an overall good time. Funny, decent voice casting and absolutely gorgeous animation.

Yeah, it was a fun movie overall ;D

Stitch

Stitch

Yummy

Entertaining and kinda stupid horror comedy with nudity and some disgusting visuals. Made the mistake of eating while watching.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Robin Hood (2010)

Strong contender for Ridley's worst

Prez

Prez

Beast. Idris. Sharlto. Lions. Yep. Not a patch on the vastly superior The Ghost and the Darkness but still good fun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Scarface (the 80s one)

As many times as I've seen this, I never noticed until now that the talk show host who interviews the Colombian politician blowing the whistle on the drug trade is the same actor as the male news anchor in RoboCop. Shared universe?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 12, 2023, 10:07:27 AMScarface (the 80s one)

As many times as I've seen this, I never noticed until now that the talk show host who interviews the Colombian politician blowing the whistle on the drug trade is the same actor as the male news anchor in RoboCop. Shared universe?

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Stitch

Stitch

Aztec Rex

A real cheapy from 2007, starring Ian Ziering as a Spanish conquistador. Low budget Aztecs worshipping a bad cgi T rex with blood that's way too red and thin.

Dumb but funny.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Apr 12, 2023, 12:29:52 PMI'd buy that for a dollar.

Now I'm imagining the second film except the baddie is RoboTony.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jacob's Ladder (2019)

f**k me, that worse than I expected.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2023, 08:18:37 PMJacob's Ladder (2019)

Wait, there was a remake of Jacob's Ladder???

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Apr 12, 2023, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2023, 08:18:37 PMJacob's Ladder (2019)

Wait, there was a remake of Jacob's Ladder???

Yes, most have forgotten it already.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed