Ash assured

Started by Alienseseses, Jun 21, 2007, 01:10:30 AM

Author
Ash assured (Read 1,700 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

In the novel of Alien, Ash said that the alien wouldn't hurt him because he poses no threat.

In Aliens, Bishop is split in two.

Throw your wild theories here.

Dachande

Dachande

Quite obviously Ash was probably lying...

SM

SM

And in the novel for Aliens, Bishop encounters Alien while he's in the pipe - he inside, they outside.  If memory serves he muses about whether the Aliens are interested in him as a synthetic.  But don't quote me on that.

As for HRH - Bishop was in between her and Ripley.  Wrong place; wrong time.

Also Ash was clutching at straws at that point in the book.  He wanted to be reconnected properly and he gets real stroppy when Ripley is about to the pull the plug.  Unlike the much better scene in the film where he's a smug - but dignified - prick.  ;D

Dachande

Dachande

I think Ash was probably just trying to wind up Ripley. As for him saying he poses no threat, i doubt the little kids in Aliens posed any threats, but that didnt matter to the Aliens. Only time an alien might not attack a synth, is if they see like how they do in Avp and AvP2 (Games) but if memory serves me right, the alien saw pretty normally in A3

SM

SM

Quite.

I guess you could look at it like this - the plastic guy in a pipe is no direct threat nor is he a viable host.  The plastic guy who flew a ship packing lots of weapons, is.

I'm not saying that's how it actually is - just a theory based around Cameron's 1986 comments about Ferro being killed outright rather than used a a host.

Irritator

Irritator

Quotei doubt the little kids in Aliens posed any threats, but that didnt matter to the Aliens
But they make great hosts...  ::)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jun 21, 2007, 01:27:11 AM
And in the novel for Aliens, Bishop encounters Alien while he's in the pipe - he inside, they outside.  If memory serves he muses about whether the Aliens are interested in him as a synthetic.  But don't quote me on that.
From my own memory, that's pretty much spot-on.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

To me it would be like a human looking at a machine.  Androids wouldn't be a threat to humans either, but if one went haywire, you'd defend/go on the offensive if it bothered you.  Think that has something to do with it.

I doubt the Alien would leave Ash unmolested if Ash went after it.  Also the queen was angry.  Machine or not, Bishop helped the people that just razed her nest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed