Bugs?

Started by aliensetta, May 10, 2007, 09:07:30 PM

Author
Bugs? (Read 5,390 times)

aliensetta

aliensetta

Why do some people call the Aliens bugs?

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Because they have a lot of particular bug characteristics: shiny hard exoskeletons, ruthless indifference, hive mentality centered around an egg-laying Queen, the Queen itself has six limbs. These to name a few.

SM

SM

Because that's what they became in Aliens thanks to James Cameron who used Starship Troopers as a source.  The MI call the Arachnids 'bugs' if memory serves.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Thank You.

I don't like it when people call the aliens bugs.

Extroheal

Extroheal

Aliens were usually called bugs in the comics because they were extremely common.

SM

SM

Which also took their lead from Aliens.

Though Morse also said "I 'ate bugs!" after pouring the lead.

War Wager

War Wager

Aliens is a great movie, but if theres one thing I hate about it is that Cameron made them weak, acrobatic bugs. The Alien in the first one you can tell was very strong and actually looked alien. Making them have a hive and calling them "Warriors" really spoiled the orginal designs...

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: aliensetta on May 10, 2007, 09:28:31 PM
Thank You.

I don't like it when people call the aliens bugs.

I'm right there with ya bud. I don't like it either.

I do understand "other people's" interpretation though... I mean... they are parasites, and most parasites seem to be bugs.

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

yes they really remind me of ants.  Because ants have a queen that they will die for but they alos have lots of different kinds of ants (worker,soldier,etc) just like alien. But in avp, they say that they are serpents.  Anderson is so retarded

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: CelticWarrior on May 11, 2007, 09:05:29 PM
Anderson is so retarded

It really makes my day when I hear those words in that order. ;D

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Predboy on May 11, 2007, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: CelticWarrior on May 11, 2007, 09:05:29 PM
Anderson is so retarded

It really makes my day when I hear those words in that order. ;D

Please don't stray of topic. if you want to you can make a Paul Anderson sucks thread and post that on it. Thank You.

SM

SM

Indeed.

QuoteBut in avp, they say that they are serpents.  Anderson is so retarded

No in this case the retard is in the audience making such remarks.

'Serpents' is just a generic description like 'bugs' used by characters who don't know otherwise.

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

here , allow me to refrase myself, Anderson, it a a bad director who ruined avp for me because he could have made it so much more. sigh...... but he didn't. >:( :( :-[ :'(

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: aliensetta on May 10, 2007, 09:07:30 PM
Why do some people call the Aliens bugs?

Because I have not yet kicked them in the nuts for it.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

here , allow me to refrase myself, Anderson, it a a bad director who ruined avp for me because he could have made it so much more. sigh...... but he didn't. >:( :( :-[ :'(

Didn't or couldn't?  Money does not grow on trees, not even for AVP.

QuoteBut in avp, they say that they are serpents.

There's nothing wrong with serpents either.  When the chestbuster appears, it's little more than an ugly snake anyway, and the aliens themselves have always been described as moving like "something reptilian and insectoid" (case in point the way they swam in Resurrection).  But me? I've always liked the term 'bugs'.   And if you get a big enough boot, they'll squish like bugs too ^_^

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed