New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 54,142 times)

Enoch

I couldnt agree more!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Stolen on Jul 11, 2016, 07:04:29 PM

I always wonder: was this just the way the light in the sky was on the day the photo was taken, or will it be lit like this in the film? I personally love how stark and haunting it is, just like this.

Just like O'Bannon once said, "don't paint that facehugger! Leave it flesh-coloured!", I'm sayin' "don't cover that wonderful setpiece with 'eerie' blue light!"

Enoch

Indeed, but I somehow think we ll see the actual burning sequence, so I believe
it will be shoot in dark.

Stolen

It's quite possible that we discover this macabre landscape in night.
Is certainly a very important place, we may see this many times .

BR1XER

Whether they are Engineers depends on whether they've updated fashion since we last saw them in rags at the beginning of Prometheus. 'Cuz I see rags.

Who knows? There may be both shots in the dark, on fire, and in the day. Haunting either way, but there's potential in that first portrayal.

Definitely not Alien attack. Perhaps infected with goo, then burned?

whiterabbit

I'm pretty sure that the covenant crew walks right on up and over the dead bodies and knocks on the front door. I wonder what they'll see on the inside. It also appears that they're at least 2 types of creatures there.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 11, 2016, 10:00:58 PM
Indeed, but I somehow think we ll see the actual burning sequence, so I believe
it will be shoot in dark.

They did shoot some pyrotechnics at this location, at night time, so I'd say it's a strong possibility we will see some stuff blowing up on this set. Whether it's the actual event that did this (flashbacks?) or something else remains to be seen though.

whiterabbit

I wonder if we'll get to see the engineers being massacred. I doubt it though.

Denton Smalls

You think we'll see an Engineer vs Engineer fight?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 12, 2016, 09:13:44 AM
I wonder if we'll get to see the engineers being massacred. I doubt it though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a flashback or holographic recording.

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 12, 2016, 02:08:03 PM

Maybe not Engineer vs Engineer but Engineer vs. Jockey or wherever they take this Engineer's God angle.

Xenoscream

Just occured to me, Conevant is a colony ship right... could these guys be the cargo i.e. colonists?

Denton Smalls

QuoteJust occured to me, Conevant is a colony ship right... could these guys be the cargo i.e. colonists?

I'm just guessing, but I think the Covenant ship is more about scouting the potential of new habitable environments, not necessary transporting or ferrying people over to them.

I could be totally wrong though, just a wild guess.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 13, 2016, 11:04:23 PM
QuoteJust occured to me, Conevant is a colony ship right... could these guys be the cargo i.e. colonists?

I'm just guessing, but I think the Covenant ship is more about scouting the potential of new habitable environments, not necessary transporting or ferrying people over to them.

It's a shake and Bake operation. They're probably there to set up those atmospheric processor units to only discovered upon landing that someone had beat them too it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2016, 02:19:58 PM

Maybe not Engineer vs Engineer but Engineer vs. Jockey or wherever they take this Engineer's God angle.
I think Ridley is going to make that correction. Wouldn't it be amazing if it was an the Alien God inside of the Jockey suit and what erupted out of it's chest is the bastardization of god. In any case I think Ridley's going to come through and make the Jockey something more than just an engineer.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 13, 2016, 11:43:59 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 13, 2016, 11:04:23 PM

It's a shake and Bake operation. They're probably there to set up those atmospheric processor units to only discovered upon landing that someone had beat them too it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2016, 02:19:58 PM

I think Ridley is going to make that correction. Wouldn't it be amazing if it was an the Alien God inside of the Jockey suit and what erupted out of it's chest is the bastardization of god. In any case I think Ridley's going to come through and make the Jockey something more than just an engineer.
Letting loose the Serpent on Paradise

CainsSon

CainsSon

So I just re-read this and was reminded of the images of the stone statues that appear decapitated.
Could be a coincidence but never-the-less this link describes similar concept art.

"Other works looked like Valley of the Kings Egypt only on a Dark World, it featured rows of Statues some Human looking some not so Human, pretty much like Egyption Statues at Valley of the Kings and they were not in pristine condition but damaged - some decapitated, to show that these things are Ancient and Neglected...

Then at the bottom of this like path that contained statues was a Black Obelisk that had life to it, well it was not derelict and had Green Glow in the centre similar to the Crystal in Prometheus."

Read more: http://www.scified.com/news/exclusive---alien-covenant-concept-art-descriptions-leaked-potential-spoilers#ixzz4EuKreL48
Follow us: @Scifiedcom on Twitter | Scifiedcom on Facebook

http://www.scified.com/news/exclusive---alien-covenant-concept-art-descriptions-leaked-potential-spoilers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed