Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 12:53:51 PM
That would be neat.
Prey / Re: Prey Critic Review Thread
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 12:53:12 PM
Yep, I would like this to disappear for next movies.
Had a child in my screening last night as well, actually!
Prey / Re: Prey Critic Review Thread
Last post by CANNON - Today at 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:28:57 AMAlso, the hunchback look bothers me. Yes I know why it's like that, but still.
He moves like a movie monster. He looks like a movie monster. Everything that makes the Predator unique as an alien is replaced by a hunched, lumbering space orc with a half decent pirouette.

Absolutely agreed
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by TilotnyWorshiper28 - Today at 12:39:04 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Yesterday at 04:34:32 PMThere is going to be footage of something on STAR WARS day ??? 👀👉👈?!
new trailer for acolyte  (and whatever is gunna be attached to the rerelease of phantom menace ) could be the same thing could be a backstage video for acolyte attached to phantom menace or both are a trailer .
Music / Re: Who is your favourite DJ '...
Last post by oduodu - Today at 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 11:38:18 AMDJ Shadow.

real late 80 s vibe. very good.
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:35:00 PM
I consider Shaw very much their own character, no matter how you felt about their characterisation. 

Daniels, definitely intentionally a Ripley like, because the film subverts that through David winning.
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 11:53:31 AMYes, casting actual Ellen Ripley as opposed to a brunette Hollywood clone.

Again, Noomi Rapace's hair in Prometheus is red, not brunette.

Also, both Ripley and Daniels carry guns because they want to survive against an alien creature.
Last post by gold - Today at 12:07:04 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 11:59:46 AM
Quote from: gold on Today at 11:10:45 AM"Here's yet another bunch of people, led by a female brunette, getting eaten"TM

Like badly copied Chinese car designs that try and copy BMW and Mercedes, the brunette actresses on Prometheus, Covenant and Romulus are even cast to LOOK like Sigourney Weaver.

Noomi Rapace's hair in Prometheus is red. Also, neither her nor Katherine Waterston look anything like Sigourney Weaver.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:02:29 PM1. Alien 1979 will likely never ever be beaten.

This thread poll says Alien was beaten by Aliens by nearly a factor of 2.

2. Did you watch to the end of the video? Nothing good about that project.

That's your opinion. Mine is different.

3. Earth War, Colonial Marines, William Gibson's Alien³ novel, comic and audio drama. You have a lot of alternate sequels to Aliens actually.

I meant a movie/videogame moving visual media.

4. I only began to exist in 1997 so can not speak to the reception in 1992 in America, but I do know that Alien³ made more in Europe than Aliens or Alien.

I am European. I speak in terms of European viewers back in 1992. Again, put yourself in the time period. You've seen Alien and Aliens, and nothing else existed. Where did you think and hope it would go? The comics people, while being very out there, had a good artistic idea. In any case, more than more endless metal corridors of people getting eaten.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:02:29 PM
1. Alien 1979 will likely never ever be beaten.

2. Did you watch to the end of the video? Nothing good about that project.

3. Earth War, Colonial Marines, William Gibson's Alien³ novel, comic and audio drama. You have a lot of alternate sequels to Aliens actually.

(People keep trying to outdo the real sequel, they can not in my opinion, hence the prevalence of them existing. They can not accept we got the best possible outcome already in film form.)

4. I only began to exist in 1997 so can not speak to the reception in 1992 in America, but I do know that Alien³ made more in Europe than Aliens or Alien.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed