Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,420 times)

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 11:56:49 AM
Chet is just a mutant. You can easily put her on the same shelve where Newborn is sitting. This is not normal predalien, it is offspring of this "hormon pumped" Alien queen from AvP, and it will die like every mutant does. I hope that some beautiful day we will see normal Predalien that came out from normal queen, and is normaly killing people/predatorss/animals or abduct them for facehugger implantation. 

I don't think so! There is a plausibility if Chet is not the same Predalien what we saw in AvP! Maybe the Bros made a new story background and the only similarity are the Predalien and the altar bed with a new totally new situation and thats it.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: csutkakoma on Oct 26, 2007, 12:01:05 PM
I don't think so! There is a plausibility if Chet is not the same Predalien what we saw in AvP! Maybe the Bros made a new story background and the only similarity are the Predalien and the altar bed with a new totally new situation and thats it.

More's the pity...

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: jimmylace on Oct 26, 2007, 11:58:07 AM
that said, i dont think thats necessarily a bad way for the preds to reproduce.
anyway- heres my question. This Pred-Alien has to be a Queen then. Right?

Not has to be a queen but she will be similar. i think she has a similar features like the queen at some way.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this means that Chet is Bulimic?

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: CloakedHunter on Oct 26, 2007, 12:05:12 PM
So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this means that Chet is Bulimic?

What the bulimic means?

Johnny Handsome

QuoteUnlike the original Aliens, the PredAlien doesn't lay eggs, which are then transported via "facehugger". The new creature can just regurgitate  in it's victim's mouth. Don't try this at home.
Great idea, i like it, and now we know what is going to happen with the female in the hospital.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:11:56 AM
Waaaaaaaiiiit.

Before we jump on the bandwagon (shut up) ... maybe that's how it egg morphs?

That's what I'm thinking until the movie comes along and rapes that idea up the ass.

:D

In all seriousness, the concept would be something Giger tends to think up. It even makes biological sense, in a certain way; facehugger ovipositor 'translating' to the adult, as a more protected version, which creates the inner mouth (and gives a reason for why their instinct is always to try and use it).

Now... If all it does is to implant and leave, not creating eggs, then I'm going to account for it by saying that's perhaps the method to get regular adults, with egg transformation being the one to get Queens. At least that way, we could say it sort of fits in.

However... I really f**king wanted egging to return and so did many others. It's just a great deal more horrific and, above all, haunting. That's the sort of theme we were promised would return and we're not getting it.

I hope the directors realise that this, if it's not simply to initiate egging, is going to disappoint a heck of a lot of people who will see it.

Also, I'm really getting confused at the directors' professed knowledge of these films, when we're getting quotes of them saying the Predator "never" originally wore any armour and now that 'Alien' had loads of rain in it. Perhaps they had actually meant 'Aliens', by the colony?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Okay, so Chet will infect her victims with her mouth.
But why is there a hive if there aren't any eggs? Does somebody know the answer? If there are no eggs, the hive is not needed, I think.

stipliani

stipliani

This is a really unfortunate turn of events.  While I like the new pics that were released, the regurgitating aspect I fear will probably ruin the movie for me.  All the gore and rated R action in the world won't save a stupid concept.   :(

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

I'll believe it when I see it on screen. Instead of sitting here debating about it. Anyhow, I don't want to spoil the story for myself...by the time we see this movie we are gonna know how it ends and well, I will have to find the person that posted that thread and rip their soul part. Well, not really but you know what I mean!

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

WARNING - LONG POST AHEAD  ::)

Yes, Highland, it DOES break canon... Things need to have some credibility and coherence, not make things up out of thin air... It has to be, at the very least, a coherent and credible evolution of both creatures Reproductory Cycles (RC)...

Biologically speaking, there is no biological reason for the radical change in theRC...

Queens don't acquire so many features from the host (watch the Aliens Queen, hosted by a human, and the AVP Queen, hosted by something else... :D) as Chet did, nor do they change their RC radically like that... Even if the Predator DNA was 'stronger', I don't think Predators would reproduce like that, 'vomiting' the embryos...

So there's no biological connection between 'laying eggs' and 'regurgitating embryos through the mouth'...

Also, the Hybrid Queen from AR demonstrates that any genetic mixing, even though she was a DNA-manipulated Queen in laboratory, would provide dual reproductory cycles, one xenomorphic, the other human, and none look anything like this... So it is safe to assume that in any REGULAR crossbreeding, the Queen would still reproduce in xenomorphic fashion, a.k.a. egg-laying, not 'inventing' a new way out of the blue...

This whole Predalien RC is purely motivated by economy of means, not creativity... And unless the Predator would reproduce that way, this is and always will be a made-up concept without any root to canon... people say the Predalien can be hors-canon, but it cannot be out of plausibility...

Queens have a specific RC, and this is not even remotely similar...hell, the ends don't even match... ;D :D

Also, I don't like pseudo sci-fi movies that invent things without a link to 'reality', namely' Alien franchise reality...or at least build on what the first movies began...

Unless the PQ is a Hybrid like the AR Queen was, with a first stage Alien RC and second one Predator RC, this is just creative vomit that has no FOUNDATION in any of the Alien movies...therefore totally made up and continuity-disruptive... This Predalien is not like the AR Queen, so it should reproduce as an Alien Queen would normally reproduce...

The money constraints will never be an acceptable excuse, because if they don't have the money, they should NEVER make a movie like this...Period...not invent money-saving plot ploys that disrupt immensily the Alien RC without any logic attached to it other than the money-saving one... >:(

People may just like things because they look 'cool' or 'hey, never thought about that before', but there are people like myself who don't like people making things up out of thin air without logic attached to it... And as ridiculous-looking as this... :D ::)

Movie logic, franchise logic, continuity, coherence, credibility, all those are required to make a movie stand out as good, memorable and not offending the viewer's intelligence... The Alien movies didn't, Predator movies didn't, so why make excuses for this AVPR one...?

Or can't we have a popcorn movie with brains...? Batman Begins had them, and it was awesome... So will probably The Dark Knight... It is all a matter of the script (Shane Salerno) and the directing (The Strauses) conveying it...

At least, the Alien movies, until the second half of Alien Resurrection, all had some credibility and coherence regarding where the Aliens came from and how they reproduce...

You will say I am nitpicking...Well, most aren't and they still think this is a bad Predalien design and terrible RC concept...

And no matter what you say, this design has no foundation whatsoever other than financial...

Combining two in one (Queen and Predalien) and eliminating the EM with a direct-to-embryo 'coughed up' MO  ;D is not the way to go in my mind...

I know the EM has time issues, but this is just ridiculing the Aliens by eliminating RC stages to cut to the chase... >:( ::) :o

As I said before, a very LAZY IDEA... ::)

And this is all I have to say about that...So, highland, sorry to keep you waiting... ;D Fire away...  ;)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

you know if they REALLY REALLY wanted the predalien to stand up in the movie, instead of f**king up the lifecycle they should have just had like 2 aliens(those 2 facehuggers that got out of the pred ship) and one predalien... the movie can still show a lot of action and make it look right... look at alien and alien 3 , they only had one alien but it was still great.

OR.... instead of f**king up the lifecycle like i said before, they could have just made a SUPER facehugger which is not an ordinary facehugger but a super facehugger which can f**k a face more than once, infact it can f**k like a whore.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 26, 2007, 12:35:55 PM

WARNING - LONG POST AHEAD  ::)

Yes, Highland, it DOES break canon... Things need to have some credibility and coherence, not make things up out of thin air... It has to be, at the very least, a coherent and credible evolution of both creatures Reproductory Cycles (RC)...

Biologically speaking, there is no biological reason for the radical change in theRC...

Queens don't acquire so many features from the host (watch the Aliens Queen, hosted by a human, and the AVP Queen, hosted by something else... :D) as Chet did, nor do they change their RC radically like that... Even if the Predator DNA was 'stronger', I don't think Predators would reproduce like that, 'vomiting' the embryos...

So there's no biological connection between 'laying eggs' and 'regurgitating embryos through the mouth'...

Also, the Hybrid Queen from AR demonstrates that any genetic mixing, even though she was a DNA-manipulated Queen in laboratory, would provide dual reproductory cycles, one xenomorphic, the other human, and none look anything like this... So it is safe to assume that in any REGULAR crossbreeding, the Queen would still reproduce in xenomorphic fashion, a.k.a. egg-laying, not 'inventing' a new way out of the blue...

This whole Predalien RC is purely motivated by economy of means, not creativity... And unless the Predator would reproduce that way, this is and always will be a made-up concept without any root to canon... people say the Predalien can be hors-canon, but it cannot be out of plausibility...

Queens have a specific RC, and this is not even remotely similar...hell, the ends don't even match... ;D :D

Also, I don't like pseudo sci-fi movies that invent things without a link to 'reality', namely' Alien franchise reality...or at least build on what the first movies began...

Unless the PQ is a Hybrid like the AR Queen was, with a first stage Alien RC and second one Predator RC, this is just creative vomit that has no FOUNDATION in any of the Alien movies...therefore totally made up and continuity-disruptive... This Predalien is not like the AR Queen, so it should reproduce as an Alien Queen would normally reproduce...

The money constraints will never be an acceptable excuse, because if they don't have the money, they should NEVER make a movie like this...Period...not invent money-saving plot ploys that disrupt immensily the Alien RC without any logic attached to it other than the money-saving one... >:(

People may just like things because they look 'cool' or 'hey, never thought about that before', but there are people like myself who don't like people making things up out of thin air without logic attached to it... And as ridiculous-looking as this... :D ::)

Movie logic, franchise logic, continuity, coherence, credibility, all those are required to make a movie stand out as good, memorable and not offending the viewer's intelligence... The Alien movies didn't, Predator movies didn't, so why make excuses for this AVPR one...?

Or can't we have a popcorn movie with brains...? Batman Begins had them, and it was awesome... So will probably The Dark Knight... It is all a matter of the script (Shane Salerno) and the directing (The Strauses) conveying it...

At least, the Alien movies, until the second half of Alien Resurrection, all had some credibility and coherence regarding where the Aliens came from and how they reproduce...

You will say I am nitpicking...Well, most aren't and they still think this is a bad Predalien design and terrible RC concept...

And no matter what you say, this design has no foundation whatsoever other than financial...

Combining two in one (Queen and Predalien) and eliminating the EM with a direct-to-embryo 'coughed up' MO  ;D is not the way to go in my mind...

I know the EM has time issues, but this is just ridiculing the Aliens by eliminating RC stages to cut to the chase... >:( ::) :o

As I said before, a very LAZY IDEA... ::)

And this is all I have to say about that...So, highland, sorry to keep you waiting... ;D Fire away...  ;)

Disagree, no surprise there.

Jim Cameron Made the Queen up out of thin Air.........or what about the Alien 3 egg, yup , thin air. Just because you dont like it , dont go spouting the science of a Science fiction monster at me.

It breaks nothing. 

You don't like sci fi that has no link to reality? then you dont like sci fi.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 01:03:32 PM
You don't like sci fi that has no link to reality? then you dont like sci fi.

That's ridiculous.  You're thinking of fantasy.  Sci-fi is typically set in a universe that can be believably explained, even if there are "made up" elements to it.  (Hence the 'fiction' part of science fiction.)

Fantasy is the one where 'a wizard did it it' if something odd or unforeseen happens.

Master

Master

But it does bareak logic of earlier films. Alien Quenn in Aliens showed up because there had to be something that is laying eggs. Remember that aliens lifec cycle is Queen->egg-> facehugger-> embryo-> chestburster-> Drone/Queen. Without eggs and facehuggers, we have got shit insted of life cycle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed