Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 197,411 times)

SiL

SiL

Giger's original idea?

That was for Alien 3. Hardly original.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:48:24 AM
Giger's original idea?

Not sure what you mean by that - but it sounds like something Giger would come up with, if he was to practically envision egg-morphing (if that is indeed what it is).  How else would you get the embryo inside the victim and to change them from the inside to an egg, then?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 26, 2007, 10:53:18 AM
Giger's original idea?

Not sure what you mean by that - but it sounds like something Giger would come up with, if he was to practically envision egg-morphing (if that is indeed what it is).  How else would you get the embryo inside the victim and to change them from the inside to an egg, then?

Two words: LAZY IDEA...

This cockamamie idea of new FAST-FORWARD alien reproduction would only work if that was how the Predators would reproduce... The eggmorphing would not be done like that at all...

Also, what renders the Predalien so special so that he/she ( ::) - Now I get Colin's 'SHE' ) can now lay eggs orally unless it IS a Queen...?

I mean, why use the blatant economy of means at their disposal to motivate and justify this pathetic and utterly bogus reproduction means in order to avoid doing a Queen and eggs...?

This is an OBVIOUS 'money-save' idea, not only to place the Predalien and Queen all in one, but also avoid the time problem with the eggmorphing...

Funny thing is... in terms of money-saving, that would be the way to go...However, so much for the 'continuity protected' remark from Colin... ::)

Continuity is not just about the events depicted in AVPR not conflicting with the ones in the Alien saga, but also, keep canon and Aliens RC unscathed because otherwise explanations, on and offscreen, will be required to explain the obvious departure from Alien canon...

Aliens don't plant eggs down people's throats, they plant embryos, so either there won't be any eggs at all during the whole movie, and what Chet places in people's throats are the embryos, or 'she' is gonna eggmorph them into eggs, and we will still have the EM-duration time problem...

My vote is on the first... ;)

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 26, 2007, 10:45:58 AM

If you think about it, it fits in with the weird sexual stuff the aliens get up to.

Jep .. really ... egg morphing sounds stupid to me .. i dont like this idea ... so better implant some embryo or whatever via mouth to mouth ...

greetz

Highland

Highland

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 26, 2007, 11:20:30 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 26, 2007, 10:53:18 AM
Giger's original idea?

Two words: LAZY IDEA...

This cockamamie idea of new FAST-FORWARD alien reproduction would only work if that was how the Predators would reproduce... The eggmorphing would not be done like that at all...

Also, what renders the Predalien so special so that he/she ( ::) - Now I get Colin's 'SHE' ) can now lay eggs orally unless it IS a Queen...?

I mean, why use the blatant economy of means at their disposal to motivate and justify this pathetic and utterly bogus reproduction means in order to avoid doing a Queen and eggs...?

This is an OBVIOUS 'money-save' idea, not only to place the Predalien and Queen all in one, but also avoid the time problem with the eggmorphing...

Funny thing is... in terms of money-saving, that would be the way to go...However, so much for the 'continuity protected' remark from Colin... ::)

Continuity is not just about the events depicted in AVPR not conflicting with the ones in the Alien saga, but also, keep canon and Aliens RC unscathed because otherwise explanations, on and offscreen, will be required to explain the obvious departure from Alien canon...

Aliens don't plant eggs down people's throats, they plant embryos, so either there won't be any eggs at all during the whole movie, and what Chet places in people's throats are the embryos, or 'she' is gonna eggmorph them into eggs, and we will still have the EM-duration time problem...

My vote is on the first... ;)

Its their Predalien, they can do what they like with it. It doesnt break any cannon.

Maybe it is to save money, but they didnt have alot in the first place.

jimmylace

jimmylace

THIS RULES!

whats with all the negativity? the implications of this are immense- looks like weve finally got some idea as to how the Predators reproduce too.

And if thats been totally overlooked by the writer (i.e why would the PredAlien have this trait?)
then so be it.

How f**ked up is that scene going to be? The predalien barfs some digestive/f**ked up acid down the victims throat...which in turn dissolves their insides turning them into mush slowly.
Ahh...I really hope this is the return of egg morphing.

If it's just a basic vomit=embryo then fair enough, its still fairly cool. I wonder if the predalien uses its mandibles in the process to kind of form the egg, like its shaping a cocoon. that'd be awesome.

Well....I'm psyched for this now. At least AvP Requiem is really taking us into totally new territory.

Uncanny Antman

^Seriously, you think this is an indicator of how Predators reproduce?

They puke down their partners throat?  Uh, yeah.  :o

Gates

Gates

It's pointless to argue with retardation Antman...save yourself the trouble... ;)

Aeus

Aeus

Well, if nothing else this film can descend into hilarity with the Wolf spiting his man fluid at the Alien, whilst the Alien spits acid at him.  ;)

Huol

Huol

lmfao... Man fluid.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: jimmylace on Oct 26, 2007, 11:42:17 AM
THIS RULES!

If it's just a basic vomit=embryo then fair enough, its still fairly cool. I wonder if the predalien uses its mandibles in the process to kind of form the egg, like its shaping a cocoon. that'd be awesome.

Well....I'm psyched for this now. At least AvP Requiem is really taking us into totally new territory.

I agree! Thats why im a very curious! They keep the old things but they add new stuffs and it seems it will be a good choice!

Huol

Huol

If the predalien spits embreyos down their throat which burst out.. I'm gonna be pissed.
However ,if the predalien clamps it's mouth to theirs in some sort of, weird kiss and they egg morph, meh, could work. Keeps in touch with gigers alien 3 kiss.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 26, 2007, 11:44:20 AM
^Seriously, you think this is an indicator of how Predators reproduce?

They puke down their partners throat?  Uh, yeah.  :o

Well...maybe. The predators method of reproducing has never been explained. Now...Ive never read an AvP comic, but my assumption was that the alien adopted...........

ahhhh. my bad.

Master

Master

Chet is just a mutant. You can easily put her on the same shelve where Newborn is sitting. This is not normal predalien, it is offspring of this "hormon pumped" Alien queen from AvP, and it will die like every mutant does. I hope that some beautiful day we will see normal Predalien that came out from normal queen, and is normaly killing people/predatorss/animals or abduct them for facehugger implantation.  

jimmylace

jimmylace

that said, i dont think thats necessarily a bad way for the preds to reproduce.
anyway- heres my question. This Pred-Alien has to be a Queen then. Right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed