Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 81,510 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2015, 09:49:57 AM
It's not hard to setup the sequel from the events of Aliens.

1 - Shot of a face-hugger crawling up the back of the Queen.
2 - Focus on the hugger as it crawls away into the Sulaco, out of focus battle between the Queen and Ripley in the background.

Sorted.

A facehugger would have attacked Newt, if not Ripley. We know, from the med-lab sequence, that they are tenacious opportunists.

QuoteYou could even have an adult or 2 sneak up with her, that disappear when Ripper is distracted.

That's even worse! :) Adults have even more of a reason to defend the Queen - and would have had a much easier time of it against a relatively cumbersome powerloader.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 11, 2015, 06:15:13 PM
The egg clearly isn't formed inside the Queen's body because when Ripley blows open the ovipositor in Aliens partially-formed eggs can be seen spilling out.

Yep. That's what I've been saying for years. She wouldn't have the egg sack if it wasn't necessary. She's not exactly machine gunning the things out. They clearly need a long while to develop.

Which, by ironic coincidence, actually fits right in with Dallas and Brett and their excruciatingly long process of transformation.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 11, 2015, 09:42:11 PM
I don't suppose it even matters anymore since A:CM nixed both explanations. :-\

What doesn't matters is A:CM.

RakaiThwei

Some people on the forum believe that this movie is going to be an interquel. I mean something could happen within a span of twelve days, if we happen to go by SM's timeline website. But there are some problems which I have with the interquel idea.. I mean sure it is a good way to explain how the egg got onto the Sulaco but how is Ripley and Hick's age to be explained? More so.. Wouldn't Hicks more or less be out of commission considering the injury which he had sustained?

I mean.. I don't know how long it takes to heal from an acid burn wound, especially one as severe as Hick's.. but I wouldn't expect him to be walking about in twelve days. And then one would ave to explain how Ripley suddenly gained back twenty something years of youth if this leads to the events of Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 11, 2015, 09:56:20 PM

2 - Focus on the hugger as it crawls away into the Sulaco, out of focus battle between the Queen and Ripley in the background.

Sorted.

A facehugger would have attacked Newt, if not Ripley. We know, from the med-lab sequence, that they are tenacious opportunists.

QuoteYou could even have an adult or 2 sneak up with her, that disappear when Ripper is distracted.

That's even worse! :) Adults have even more of a reason to defend the Queen - and would have had a much easier time of it against a relatively cumbersome powerloader.

Not necessarily. We know from Aliens that the Queen cares about her progeny, rather than herself. We also know she can exhibit some sort of control over the adults. She could simply be thinking of the future of the hive and send them off for the future's safety rather than her own. All supposition, of course, but not unreasonable.

Xenomorphine

We also know they leapt to her defence in the nest and she had no trouble with it. :) She is their future.

Besides which, like I said... Newt. Totally unharmed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 12, 2015, 01:08:01 PM
We also know they leapt to her defence in the nest and she had no trouble with it. :) She is their future.

After her kids were toast.

Besides which, like I said... Newt. Totally unharmed.

Not sure I can really argue against this one. Unless the Queen was telling it to keep away from the action, just in case. Because at the end of the day, even if it got Newt and then the Queen lost, I'd bet the Queen would be intelligent enough to know it wouldn't end well for her kids.

Again, supposition though.

Alien³

All depends if the Hugger sees Newt.

DoomRulz

Sorted.

Call me sick and twisted, but I'd like to see this. You can't get a better intro to a dark movie than that.

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 13, 2015, 11:47:33 AM

Call me sick and twisted, but I'd like to see this. You can't get a better intro to a dark movie than that.

DoomRulz

Death by chestburster would be much more brutal.

Alien³

That depends.

Clawing in panic at your glass prison as it fills with water with no help of escape would also be considered brutal.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 13, 2015, 05:46:14 PM
That depends.

Clawing in panic at your glass prison as it fills with water with no help of escape would also be considered brutal.

Yeah, Newt had an utterly nightmarish death, and it's probably the only reason why I would almost support a retcon:

Alien³

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 13, 2015, 06:19:05 PM
Yeah, Newt had an utterly nightmarish death, and it's probably the only reason why I would almost support a retcon:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/alienfilmspedia/images/f/fb/Newtalien3death.jpg

KiramidHead

Killing her is one thing, but giving her that cruel of a death is just f**ked up.

Alien³

Thats just how the universe rolls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed