'Hostile Appetite' ...REVEALED!

Started by windebieste, Oct 03, 2009, 10:05:02 PM

Author
'Hostile Appetite' ...REVEALED! (Read 29,729 times)

Private Hudson

Will this be the entire Colony plus Atmosphere Processor?

windebieste

Most of the colony complex is represented in the map and you will be able to roam around several familiar locations.

You won't be able to enter the atmosphere processor as it exists only in a cinematic.

Time and technical limitations restrict how much I can actually squeeze into this map.

-Windebieste.

Okata

Okata

Darnit! I was hoping Wind was going to let us know it was the end of the month already and we could play!

predalien27

Got my PC to work. YAY! I formatted it.  I reinstalled AVP2 but I can't get internet to work, so I have to call Verizon.  Hopefully I get it back before Hostile Appitite comes out. YAY!

windebieste

Hey, it's October 15 - you've got a strange idea of what "end of the month means"...   ;D

Right now the map is on schedule to be released in 2-3 weeks.  I am now going through all of the final tidy up and bug fixes.

Don't forget!  There is a link to be found on the first post to screenshots of work in progress and more information.

-Windebieste.

predalien27

Does anybody have a weapon. I expect something some people a pistol to show up, but is there going to be anyone with heavy weapons like the minigun?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Why would colonist have a minigun?

Pistols and shotguns should be enough.

predalien27

Exactly. How about a brave soul who trys to attack the player with a knife, is there any of that?

windebieste

I haven't been able to configure the AI to carry knives.  I did try to do so but the editor doesn't support the feature but, yeah, it would be cool to have some of the guys charge at the Player with knives.  I would have liked some of the staff in the medlab to hack at the Player with scalpels - that would be cool, too, but not with the current build. 

So sorry, no.  No knives allowed - someone might get hurt.   ;D

Expect pistols, sure - but none of these make an appearance in the map: Pulse Rifles, Smartguns, Grenade Launchers or other Marine associated gear.  As this map takes place BEFORE the marines arrive at the decimated colony and the civilian colonists don't have that kind of gear to hold their own against the Alien surprise attack, you won't have to face them.

Expect the early stage of the map to be a tasty smorgasbord of head chomping until the colonists organise their desperate defence and start handing out firearms to the survivors.   

Go check out the screenshots in the link on the first page.  You'll see some weapons in use.  Umm... I think.   ;D

-Windebieste.

predalien27

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 16, 2009, 02:32:08 AM
IGo check out the screenshots in the link on the first page.  You'll see some weapons in use.  Umm... I think.   ;D

-Windebieste.

Nope! I didn't see any.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The ones on PAVP had some colonist using pistols.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

To bad AVP2 doesnt work on my mac.

Okata

Okata

Is it the end of octorber yet!! Is Octorber over yet!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Okata on Oct 29, 2009, 06:30:26 AM
Is it the end of octorber yet!! Is Octorber over yet!
Nope. Sorry. lol

predalien27

Grrr Nobody is on AJL too much so I have to play boring old vanilla AVP2 MP untill this comes out!
Can't wait!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed